News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

The Brothers Of St. Arnulf ---drunk monks Nov 14,15,16 post up & say hello

Started by Brother Octavius, October 17, 2008, 01:54:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brother Octavius

someone with a whip bent about 4 monks over a bench at the seahorse tavern and raised our robs one a time and whipped us.  As she went down the line raise'n and whip'n she stopped cold at the last Brother.  It was a sight I prayed often for St. Arnulf to remove from my thoughts.
In the privy with an open door policy.
Former Arnulf surveyor of lands both near and far.

Brother Presidio

This Brother is but a wee lass in the Ren realm. He does not mean some new Kiddie pavillion where the monks go to get whipped, he's speaking of the Sea Devil Tavern... :P

Brother Christoph

Quote from: Brother Presidio on October 27, 2008, 03:37:49 PM
This Brother is but a wee lass in the Ren realm. He does not mean some new Kiddie pavillion where the monks go to get whipped, he's speaking of the Sea Devil Tavern... :P

Whew... and here I stood thinking I had been calling the place by the wrong name all these years.  ;D
Democracy is two wolves and a sheep deciding what's for dinner.
Liberty is a well armed sheep contesting the vote.

Brother Octavius

I have never been refereed to as wee...

Next time, I'm weeing on your foot and will convince you it was well.....you.

rumy

i think perhaps he was confused bc of the horse type accoutraments found underneath the monk robs during the whipping escapade... but maybe that's just me, hoping ;)

Brother Octavius

Many Brothers have horse features sadly it's only our shiny coat.

This is a great picture.

Brother Octavius

Does anyone drum?  We will have blinking beacon about 75 feet above the camp to guide you to us for a pint and a story.

Messyn McCleavage

Quote from: Brother Octavius on November 07, 2008, 06:37:23 AM
Does anyone drum?  We will have blinking beacon about 75 feet above the camp to guide you to us for a pint and a story.

I have 2 drums, a doumbek and a djembe. I am taking a break from drumming this weekend since I played till 3am and my fingers are still a bit swollen  :-[ Next weekend I will be ready to go  ;) I have extra lines to the Scottsman song (ye know the one, with the blue ribbon tied under his kilt, "I don't know where ye've been me lad, but I see ye've won first prize.") I'll bring the cd - Seamus Kennedy is a much better storyteller than I!

TRF employees are still not officially allowed to camp with ye in playtrons, so I will only be able to sneak out on Saturday night. If ye can't wait that long to be flogged, come by me booth at the Mongolian Embassy, #403. That goes for anyone! My boothmates will love it!  :D
Gneonach Gnomie - SW Houston, TX

Brother Octavius

Brother Octavius

Bump before heading out Thursday night, camping 4 days at TRF should be outstanding.

See many of you soon, please look for us and say hello.

mpullen

I enjoyed greeting the Bothers in camp Friday. I didn't see many of you in Faire on the weekend. Perhaps in the future I'll be able to greet you in the campgrounds.

CahirDochartaigh

It was great meeting you monks! Your generosity was greatly appreciated (though it took quite a toll on sunday morning).  I look forward to many more meetings in the future!
Ar n Duthcas!

Brother Presidio

Ahhhh, the Bothers. I do think the bar keep on Sunday mornings at the Agora must also call us that.

Thanks to everyone that dropped by to spend some time with us. I must admit, I did little other than sit by the campfire when in camp this year.  Maybe eventually the monks will work up to more than one weekend a year. We talk about it every year but never do it.

Thanks again for the company and see y'all next year or at Hammond LARF in December.

Brother Christoph

Yes, it was great to meet some of the people from the forum. I wish I had been a little more active in walking about the campground, but I was in a weekend long battle with a bottle of Jagermeister all the while Brother Octavius was chunking Holy Hand Grenades of Antioch at me. Next thing I know, it's Tuesday and I'm at work. It was a glorious weekend indeed.

Christoph
Democracy is two wolves and a sheep deciding what's for dinner.
Liberty is a well armed sheep contesting the vote.

Brother Octavius

What a great weekend, I had so much fun saying hello and meeting people from the forum and renspace.  It was nice to hear people yell hey "those are the Brothers of St. Arnulf".  Whom ever it was, thank you.  Today, I feel quite unholy and unhuman.

It was nice to meet the Cardinal a few times.  He was able to roll a few Saints names
God knows I meet other Brothers like Brother Nike and New Balance, Brother Pepsi and White t-shirt.  Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery but if you going to get close, go all the way good men.