News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Post your weaponry!

Started by Obadiah Jib, November 06, 2008, 11:41:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

renren

Ooo. cannons and guns and cutlasses, oh my!
Nice stuff!
Renren
Wench  #  3783
Treasure Guardian and giggling interrogator of the "Feisty Lady"

Guppy # 32 ROoL

NorthBayDreamer

Lord Lisle (when a Nobel)
Horndog (when a Pirate)
Master Thomas Boddinham (when a middle)
Landshark No. 67

Capt. Bacardi

BLOODY HELL!!!!
..It is only a flesh wound..
Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?

Sir Ironhead

Cannons?  Did someone mention cannons?

Debaucheteer
IBRSC #1389
Sandbox Inspector
Iron'n M'Crack
Royal Order of Landsharks #41

NorthBayDreamer

My good friend and accomplice just received his long awaited pistol, it is a .62 cal double barrel flintlock with 6 3/4" barrels.  It is real, but it arrived with out flints, so he must wait to fire it (he did me dry fire it  :)).  He brought it by tonight and I must say that it is IMPRESSIVE to hold in your hand.

Horndog (when a Pirate)
Landshark No. 67

Capt Robertsgrave Thighbiter

Aye , Horndog, the double barrel is a handfull.  I carry mine in a holster, the gun is so wide it doesnt stay in belt or sash easily. 
If the rum's gone, so is the fun
*images and URLs not allowed in signatures* -Admin
Party like it's 1724

Here are the rest of our cannon, tho i must say I fancy that big long gun with the odd wheels above.  My gunner would like to not have to crow-bill the guns into position!

They are by name: Jack's Revenge ( swivel gun) 7/8 bore; Jumping Billy, 1-7/8 bore ( my companys 25 Anniversary gift to me);
The Bishop of Wolverhampton, 1-1/2 bore and lastly the Death Knell  1-3/8 bore.
Party like it's 1724

The Scotsquatch

Lets see...not quite cannon or blackpowder, but live steel battleready nonetheless:

A two handed bastard personally forged by Stagmeyer, PERFECTLY balanced.

A one handed bastard personally forged by Stagmeyer before Baltimore Knife and Steel even existed, again, PERFECTLY balanced.

A Scottish Dirk by G2, hand forged in the USA and battle ready...nicest dirk I've seen so far that was actually functional!

A Sgian Duhb...stainless blade, cuz its in my boot and I sweat on it all the time, and stainless is fine for a short blade...custom made by an Inuit Indian in Alaska...the handle is an Orca tooth, banded in Malachite.

A laminated Reflex/Deflex longbow...the action is so fast that at a 50lb draw it WAY outperforms by old 65# recurve.

Two hands, two elbows, two feet, two legs, two knees, two shoulders, two hips, one mind, and a thick skull with a tough forehead bone...extensively trained in Tang Soo Do...3rd Degree Blackbelt.

And my trump card:  THIS beats your blackpowder weapons!:  HUNDREDS of catapults!  Trebuchets, Mangonels, Ballista, Springalds...You might have a few cannons, but I have HUNDREDS of projectile devices!  MUHAHAHAHA!!!

Kev
Kev and Patti
Siege The Day!!!
Obside Diem!!!

Yes, but all pirates are trained in Gho-hun. the ancient art of hitting your assailant with a fast moving lead projectile!

And I studied Toy-yo-Ta - the art of smitting the opponent with a fast moving vehicle.

And I want to report that all the marshmellow weapons work just fine using steel ball bearings. Dont ask how I know.  Just dont drive to close to the back of my bike, and you wont need to find out.

Got some pics of those fine live steels?
Party like it's 1724

The Scotsquatch

LOL!!!

I'll post some pics when I get a chance!

Kev
Kev and Patti
Siege The Day!!!
Obside Diem!!!

redkimba

Quote from: NorthBayDreamer on November 19, 2008, 11:12:20 PM
My good friend and accomplice just received his long awaited pistol, it is a .62 cal double barrel flintlock with 6 3/4" barrels.  It is real, but it arrived with out flints, so he must wait to fire it (he did me dry fire it  :)).  He brought it by tonight and I must say that it is IMPRESSIVE to hold in your hand.

Is this for those times that a simple hole won't due???   ;)

Kimberly (who is now quickly departing the pirate group...)

NorthBayDreamer

Quote from: redkimba on November 23, 2008, 10:33:09 AM
Is this for those times that a simple hole won't due???   ;)

Kimberly (who is now quickly departing the pirate group...)

Having a 2nd hole as an option is just being prepared for any situation that just might arise  ;D
Horndog (when a Pirate)
Landshark No. 67