News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Job interview

Started by Annastina, May 13, 2008, 12:20:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Annastina

Me again.

Darling hubby is out of work for the second time in three years - both times the company eliminated his position (he's a network IT manager).
He had an interview last week with a company ten miles from our home.  The company is a very small bio-tech place that makes a non-toxic cleaner that also kills those nasty supergerms.  Cool.  They have also developed something that makes water potable and have donated huge quantities to the disaster relief for Myanmar.  He told me today that he really really wants to work with these people (all 14 of them).  We will take all/any divine intervention you can muster.  Thanx.
In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

Ottheinrich

Best of luck to him and stay positive

lady serena

Wishing you and your hubby the best of luck.
Guppy # 81
Fins up

violetrose

Positive thoughts heading your way!
~Coffee Wench~
TheCastleGrounds.com
God Save the Bean!

Lady Ann of Draycott

Good luck to your husband, I hope he gets the job!
Collector of Wine and Roses
Clan McLotofus Elder
Landshark No. 96

LadyOren

Keep Positive, and know that you are not alone in this situation.  Prayers of guidance and strength coming your way. Peace and blessings
When I'm gone look for me beneath your boots, for I have returned to the ground from which I came.   Walt Whitman

Annastina

Sigh.  The company decided to hire the other guy, not my sweetie.  He's back to the internet and job searching.  Thank heaven for savings accounts and unemployment $$.

Thanks for everyone's good wishes.

FaireMare

Have you considered leaving CA?   I realize the market is tough all over, but they cant keep good IT guys at some of the big companies here in Phoenix.

Annastina

I'll pass that idea on, FM.  And yes, we are quite amenable to leaving California.  Twelve years ago we came very close to moving to Dallas, and that's about as far east as I would want to go.  My parents are in their 80s and our girls have yet to settle into careers (tho' they mostly want out of CA due to the cost of living here).
But I will definitely suggest he take a closer look at AZ.  He is registered on Monster and another website, but I can't remember the name.

daylight

My prayers are you, sometimes when the door is shut it is because another is fixing to open. Keep your eyes looking up and your hand reaching for the new door.

Lady Ann of Draycott

I'm sorry he didn't get the job.  Stay positive!  Sometimes things happen when you least expect it!!!  ;)
Collector of Wine and Roses
Clan McLotofus Elder
Landshark No. 96

Lady Mikayla of Phoenicia

I've been looking for 8 mos myself and have been looking out of state also, hopefully something great will open for both of us soon!
"Embrace those who love you and rid yourself of those who bring you down."

Lady_Lily

Best Luck and wishes! The job market seems to be such a horrible place right now. It's sad...but there has to be something perfect out there for you both!

Lady Mikayla of Phoenicia

Thank-thee Lady_Lily!
"Embrace those who love you and rid yourself of those who bring you down."