News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Prayers Needed Quickly for Molden

Started by Lady Mikayla of Phoenicia, November 12, 2008, 07:43:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lady Mikayla of Phoenicia

While going through security in Austin, Texas, Molden had forgotten to remove his dagger from his garb bag.  It is a felony in Texas, please pray they merely confiscate the weapon, forgive and release him to board his plane on time!

Thank-thee,

Lady M
"Embrace those who love you and rid yourself of those who bring you down."

Femme Falchion

Oh Lady....sending mighty positive thoughts that all will end well... may the universe take care!

Domina Virago
Grand Mistress of the Order of the Hatchet
Mother Confessor
Sister of the Spring Fires

Lady Jai

Oh. No.  Prayers that they are understanding.  Keep us informed.
M'Crack-Snuggl'n

DonaCatalina

Uh-Oh. Big time prayers going out for this one!
Aurum peccamenes multifariam texit
Marquesa de Trives
Portrait Goddess

LadyDracolich

I have spoken to Lady M and they are letting him board his flight.  However, he may have to pay a fine.  Or at least that was the last update I got just before 8 am.  All that positive energy must have worked! 

Huggles to everyone!
~LD
I don't know what you've heard, none of it is factual, but it's all true.

Blue66669

*long distance smacks the Pyrate*

Ugh, I told him to pay more attention when he's packing.... Love ya buddy, and hope you don't come back in shackles!
Blaidd Drwg

eloquentXI

Oh Molden... :-\ I love the bloody pyrate, that I do. I just really really really hope he doesn't get charged with anything. A fine is one thing, a felony is another.
Still Meggers, just a little more grown up now. :)

Anna Iram

Man, I have to agree you you on that one. That could have been one expensive mistake.

*witholding a smack and sending a hug.*

LadyDracolich

Ok, update.  He's was able to board the plane and is now in Dallas. :)  So, maybe they'll just give him a warning and no fine will be levied.  Even with a fine, a few dollars is better than a few years!!

Hehehe...  When I see him tomorrow, I'm going to give him a stern whack and a hug for freaking everyone out like that!
I don't know what you've heard, none of it is factual, but it's all true.

Muffin

Oh No!!!! MOLDEN!!!!!!!!   :o

*sending hugs and good thoughts your way*

I hope they let ya off with just a warning!!!!

Loves ya big time!
xoxo
:-*
A Captains Wench

It's always Beer:30 here....

*sigh* So many kilts, so little time......

Ette

Taffy Saltwater

O, Criminy, you put the fear of all that's holy in me!  Let us know how this pans out.
Sveethot!

Athena

Whoa! I hope everything turns out ok!
A book is like a garden carried in the pocket. ~ Chinese Proverb

Escarlata

Esc be no lady!
Bringing Good and Bad Dreams...as appropriate
FaireNews-spreading the Joy of Faire, one post at a time

Welsh Wench

Yeah, his goose could have REALLY been cooked!

Show me your tan lines..and I'll show you mine!

I just want to be Layla.....

Peddlin

I feel baking coming on. Anybody got a file? Seriously, I hope this issue has been resolved by now, and that we can all spend this weekend giving Molden a hard time about being a criminal. I fully expect to see him tomorrow night at The Hooker.  :-*  :-*
Peddlin M'Crack
Countess of Tyrone
Ette
IWG #3790, Local 96

Pinn

Doesn't he still owe you something, Peddlin? For allowing him to take someone on a walkabout?
I.P.B.
IWG# 3681
Ette
ROL #101
FOKTOP

Escarlata

Peddlin, if you're gonna tease him about bein' a criminal, ask him about the trip to St Molden's last year. I swear that if he's not a Saint, the Saints are looking out for me favorite Pyrate.
Esc be no lady!
Bringing Good and Bad Dreams...as appropriate
FaireNews-spreading the Joy of Faire, one post at a time

Peddlin

Mornin' Escalarta!
And a good day to you. I am afraid to ask about St. Molden. Lightning scares me.    :o  :o  :o
Peddlin M'Crack
Countess of Tyrone
Ette
IWG #3790, Local 96

Peddlin

And yes, Pin'n -

He does, and I love it when men owe me.    ;)
Peddlin M'Crack
Countess of Tyrone
Ette
IWG #3790, Local 96

Lady Mikayla of Phoenicia

Thank-thee Lady D for providing the updates for me!  Thank-thee all for thyne's positive energy... Me Pyrate is out back in the forest as we speak collectin' pine cones to build a fyre for me and my Sis Lady D.  Whewwww...

We are hoping he receives nothing more than a letter saying, "shame on you."

And yes, yes Peddlin' the good Pyrate comes prepared with gift... in fact he sent it aforehand to ensure it's safe arrival, in fact, am looking at it right now!   ;D

Y'all think YOU were scared!   :o :o :o

Thank-thee again to all for keeping he & I in your positive thoughts and prayers.  We look forward to seeing many of you tomorrow night!   :-*
"Embrace those who love you and rid yourself of those who bring you down."

Molden

Grammercy One & All!!! 'Twas surely ALL Y'all's prayers wot kept me outta shackles fer sure!

I had mostly unpacked my garb bag after All Hallows at TRF, but left some towels down inside to lay over my boots to keep the boot polish offa me garb. It was under the towels and I forgot about it. Austin PD and TSA were involved. I did the whole mea culpa and apologized profusely. The TSA officer said that it was a felony to carry a weapon past the security check point, and they had to turn it over to Austin PD. In addition, the APD officer said it was illegal to carry a knife with a blade in excess of 7 1/2" in Texas.

After many questions, and exchange of information, APD decided to turn me over to TSA - they weren't charging me. He actually had to flag down the TSA officer who was writing the report, I was kind of an after thought at that point. The TSA officer dismissively said "yeah, let him go...". I was told I would be contacted by mail - with anything from a letter saying "don't do it again" to a notice of a court date.

The other TSA officer that was in the area was pretty non-chalant, and said "Don't worry about it, this happens all the time." I also spoke to another bloke who had been detained for other reasons, who was on my flight while we were waiting to board. He had been flying to the Bahamas in August for a fishing trip. He had 3 knives, and like me had been let go with the same news as me. He still hasn't heard from them - - - soooo hopefully I'll be good to go.

Thanks again ALL Y'all!!! WHEW!!!  :o ::) :P :)
Cat-like & Mercurial

Reliably Unreliable

Taffy Saltwater

I'm glad your butt is on this side of the cell bars. 
Sveethot!

Molden

Quote from: PinnMcrack on November 13, 2008, 07:28:20 AM
Doesn't he still owe you something, Peddlin? For allowing him to take someone on a walkabout?

AYE! That I do - I've sent and brought Peddlin's fyne gift - made by me own scurvy 'ands 'tis!  ;D
Cat-like & Mercurial

Reliably Unreliable

Molden

Quote from: Escarlata on November 13, 2008, 07:32:10 AM
Peddlin, if you're gonna tease him about bein' a criminal, ask him about the trip to St Molden's last year. I swear that if he's not a Saint, the Saints are looking out for me favorite Pyrate.

Aye! the prevailin' thought I gots  is - It ain't a Magnanimous Faire if'n the Cops ain't called in!!!  ;D
Cat-like & Mercurial

Reliably Unreliable

lordwriothsley

Molden I'm glad to hear that everything turned out alright for you my friend.See you this weekend at CRF cousin.
Irish Penny Brigade
IBRSC# 1584
Part Time Noble
Full Time Rogue
Overall Ren Geek
Man of many names
"Did I say that"

Sir LJ

You better thank Chesty tonight. Where ever he is!
Semper Fi,

Sir LJ

The Red Horseman / Marine'n M'Crack

Wandering Rogue

Lady M, I'm glad to hear of Moldens safe journey. I was worried that he might be in need of a jail break from brother rogues!. I look forward to seeing all of you this weekend.
Ale cures what ails you
A full tankard is a happy tankard

Peddlin

Oh, Goodie, Goodie!!!
Molden, Darlin', I am in breathless anticipation! I love it when men give me presents.
See you tonight.     :-*   :-*
Peddlin M'Crack
Countess of Tyrone
Ette
IWG #3790, Local 96