News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Ticket Prices

Started by IndeanaSunday, November 16, 2008, 11:51:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rockybob12

It's funny I came accross this thread, as yesterday I was defending the cost of the tickets. My perspective is maybe "Born again"  ;D I have attended in the past and always enjoyed it, but now that I'm older and come with quite a bit of lifes lessons learned, I can tell you in IMHO $25 is more than a fair price. Last year I took the kids on a road trip down to Florida. One of the attractions I wanted to see was Silver Springs. Entry tickets were over $90.00 for the 3 of us. But it was all inclusive! Yes the food wasn't, but what attraction has free food!!??
Our Ren Fair is unique, where else can you be swept away and lost in a different century and see so many acts in such an amazing background? To be caught up in street theater and have the amount of dining options available? I don't at all mind paying $6.00 for a shish kabob with veggies and chicken and $1.00 for fresh fruit, while at the same time at Silver Springs I'm paying the same price for a hot dog!?

With what I've been through in the last 4 or 5 years, it's just wonderful the this place is still here and thanks to the new owner is better than it ever was! Thank you all for letting me vent, and thanks for the suggested itinerary! I'll print that out for this weekend!