News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Sherwood Forest Faire

Started by rengypsy, May 13, 2008, 08:47:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rengypsy

thanks folk.  got in touch with him last nite. will be discussing his possible participation in sherwood forest faire next week.  fantastic.  he'd add a lot to the show. have always thought so much of his work and his performance.

rengypsy
it's all about the journey and the people we choose to make the journey with

rengypsy

PAPERS GET SIGNED TODAY at 3pm!!!

The land will be ours and ready for development to begin.

Looking for artists/merchants, food vendors, fortune tellers, henna folk, etc.

Get all excited, go tell everybody that...well, Jesus isn't coming, but Sherwood Forest Faire is!

daylight

I`am so excited for you, I sure it will be a wounderful fair, I would love come keep us informed of how it is going from the beginnig constuction to the last nail, Congrats to you once again

rengypsy

we closed today

the billboard should be up by month's end

clearing will start in a couple of weeks

meeting with water and electrical folk tomorrow

its a beautiful piece of property

do consider being a part of this from inception, to design, to the day the gates open in a year and a half

i know there have been a lot of beginnings with no follow-thru of late.
my wife refers to this as the "build it and they will come" failed paradigm.

success takes money, planning, reason and logic, passion, money, support from all walks and angles, luck, faith, money, a business mind and a rennie heart.

send us your renaissance vibes.

thanks for your thoughts,

rengypsy

eloquentXI

Sending lots and lots of good thoughts your way! I'm so excited for this, and am greatly looking forward to it!
Still Meggers, just a little more grown up now. :)

Queen Bonnie

Very excited about your faire! Sending magical vibes for everything going along with no problems! Huzzah!
Wingardium Leviosa!
Tis not the length of the staff- but the magick there in!

Blackbead

Remember to save a space for "Blackbead's Treasure Chest"!  For this faire, I can see me doing an impression of a down-on-his-luck crusader who is having to sell off the plunder he got in the last crusade.  Or maybe go for a "traveler from the East" look and try not to have the Christians throw rotting vegetables at me.  Or just do a "Thieves Market" and be selling off the goods I've acquired from the nobles as they wander through the "Green Wood"!

Blackbead
"It's not the gold that sets our sails, 'tis freedom and the promise of a better life that raises our black flags."

Yrose

Congratulations and sending good vibes your way. We need another fair!
Don't forget to smell the roses, but watch out for the thorns!

rengypsy

if any of you are vendors, start thinking about being a part of the faire.  policies and application will be up soon on the website, but here are the categories...and the shoppes i have lined up thus far:

Jewelry
The Shire's Silversmith Shoppe-Sterling Silver Jewelry
A Twist of Fate--Puzzle Rings

Clothing/Costumes

Art

Swords & Weaponry

Footware

Woodenware

Candles, Soap and Incense

Glassware

Ironware

Earthenware/Pottery

Fortune Telling/Gypsy Lore

Massage

Musical Instruments

Stoneware

Magical/Enchanted Items

Gifts from Afar
The Silk Road--Tapestries, Jewelry, Incense, and many things that jingle and glitter

Henna

Face Painting

Souvenirs from Sherwood Forest
Sherwood's Hollow--mugs/steins, T-shirts, Posters
Wings and Dust--Fairy Wings and Pixie Dust
Pan's Persuasions--Horns and Flutes
Wee Lad's Sword & Shield

RenRobin

Huzzah on the closing!  Best of wishes for your sucess!  I am so excited for a new faire!!! :D :D :D
Loki-terr (in training)

Blackbead

Please include "Blackbead's Treasure Chest" as one of your merchants - let me know what I need to do to get listed.  I do beaded jewelry and also sell pirate toys for buccaneers of all ages.  That includes replica flintlocks, treasure chests, and more!
"It's not the gold that sets our sails, 'tis freedom and the promise of a better life that raises our black flags."

queeneleanore

Excellent news, my best for your success! :-)

~Eleanore
Queen of Portugal, 1518–1521
Queen of France, 1530-1547

rengypsy

we will begin clearing and construction september 1st!!!

rengypsy

Queen Bonnie

Great news! Happy things are progressing!
Wingardium Leviosa!
Tis not the length of the staff- but the magick there in!

rengypsy

unbelievable discovery

this weekend, we walked more of the land than ever before.  the lake is fed by an artesian spring.  we thought it started on the neighbor's property, but it seems to bubble out of the ground on our property.  ok, so that was great news...but an even more surprising discovery was about midway through the back of the property...on the other side of the lake, there is another seasonal (now dry) creek bed...but, we walked along the creek bed, we found an amazing site: a circular pool (maybe 12-20' across) surrounded by a very cool sandstone formation...the pool filled with water and pouring into a creek that leads off the property--obviously fed by its own artesian spring--all of this hidden away in the middle of the woods.  another secret unveiled about this very magical place. 

blessings to you all.

rengypsy