News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Shopping Advice at TRF

Started by ADraeger, November 19, 2008, 10:20:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ADraeger

Hi guys!  I was wondering if anyone knows where/from whom (if at all) I could purchase some warm cloaks/coat of some kind at TRF.  I was in the process of making them, but they're far from being done... AND I imagine both of us are going to be freezing our butts off unless we can find something (I don't want to have to wear our regular coats.. kinda ruins the look of the garb. lol).  Thanks for the help! :) :)

PurpleDragon

Authentic Wardrobe is the place to go for a nice warm cloak.  They are located on Mockingbird Lane roughly half way down the lane on the left hand side.  It is a 4 story booth and relatively close to the main entrance of the faire. 
Karl "Dragon" Wolff
The Pirates Cove

Bin Ich SCHLECHT? Ja BIN Ich.

ADraeger

PyroMaster

There is also Mystic Cloaks on the way into Sherwood Forest, on the left.
Do not burden yourself with the secrets of scary people.

dbaldock

I don't know if she's made them this year, but I bought a very nice medium weight Black Silk Noil Cloak from the House of Dra a couple of years ago.  Can't remember exactly where her booth(s) is/are at TRF.  (I was a regular visitor/customer at Scarby.)

Take Care,
David Baldock
Great minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, small minds discuss people... -anonymous

Aiacha

Quote from: dbaldock on November 19, 2008, 12:50:30 PM
I don't know if she's made them this year, but I bought a very nice medium weight Black Silk Noil Cloak from the House of Dra a couple of years ago.  Can't remember exactly where her booth(s) is/are at TRF.  (I was a regular visitor/customer at Scarby.)

Take Care,
David Baldock

Dra has two booths, one almost as soon as you walk in on the right, and the second is next to the privies beside the Sea Devil.

ADraeger

Thank you guys - very much. :)  I've never been to TRF so late in the season - I'm used to going to Scarby near the end of theirs, however.. thus, most of my garb is for warmer weather. lol

PurpleDragon

House of Dra and Mystic Cloaks do both have some wonderfully beautiful cloaks.  I suggested Authentic Wardrobe for the mere reason of price as I know many are often on a somewhat tight budget and to purchase 2 cloaks it might be easier on the wallet if the weren't so pricey ;)  ((I LOVE House of Dra and only wish I could afford to purchase some of her shirts for myself, as to cloaks, I have one that was special made for me that rests upon the shoulders and not the neck area so there isn't that tugging choking feeling)).
Karl "Dragon" Wolff
The Pirates Cove

Bin Ich SCHLECHT? Ja BIN Ich.

ADraeger

Quote from: PurpleDragon on November 19, 2008, 02:44:03 PM
House of Dra and Mystic Cloaks do both have some wonderfully beautiful cloaks.  I suggested Authentic Wardrobe for the mere reason of price as I know many are often on a somewhat tight budget and to purchase 2 cloaks it might be easier on the wallet if the weren't so pricey ;)  ((I LOVE House of Dra and only wish I could afford to purchase some of her shirts for myself, as to cloaks, I have one that was special made for me that rests upon the shoulders and not the neck area so there isn't that tugging choking feeling)).

Price is definitely going to be an issue, unfortunately.  Authentic Wardrobe's cloaks look beautiful as well (at least online), so I imagine we'll be checking them out first (thanks for the tip!).  As to your special made cloak - that is a wonderful idea!  If we had time to gather more funds (or if I had time to craft something for us), I'd certainly look into that.  Maybe specially made, non-choking cloaks will be a purchase later down the road. :) :)

Var Greyshadow

There's also Moresca, though they're a bit pricey.
"All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost..." ~J.R.R. Tolkien "The Fellowship of the Ring"

MacLaren

Quote from: PyroMaster on November 19, 2008, 12:17:47 PM
There is also Mystic Cloaks on the way into Sherwood Forest, on the left.

Ditto....a customer of mine got one, and it was perfect for what he got from me.
Dan
Clan McLotofus
Captain, HMS Landshark
ROoL #78, guppy
FOKTOP

ourevilone

Quote from: Var Greyshadow on November 19, 2008, 04:52:17 PM

I got the cotton cloak from Moresca. It was $110. The ones on the back wall are not badly priced either.

ADraeger

Quote from: ourevilone on November 20, 2008, 07:37:59 AM
Quote from: Var Greyshadow on November 19, 2008, 04:52:17 PM

I got the cotton cloak from Moresca. It was $110. The ones on the back wall are not badly priced either.

Wow.  I go into Moresca every time I go to faire and I have never noticed any cloaks... :P  Must be too busy drooling over the bodices.  ;D

dbaldock

Quote from: ADraeger on November 20, 2008, 07:55:26 AM
Wow.  I go into Moresca every time I go to faire and I have never noticed any cloaks... :P  Must be too busy drooling over the bodices.  ;D

Was there anyone in the bodices?  ;)   :D

The Cloak I bought from Dra is actually called the Agouti Hooded Cape.

Take Care,
David Baldock
Great minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, small minds discuss people... -anonymous

ADraeger

Quote from: dbaldock on November 20, 2008, 08:08:57 AM
Quote from: ADraeger on November 20, 2008, 07:55:26 AM

Was there anyone in the bodices?  ;)   :D

Not to my knowledge. haha  If there were, I wouldn't notice them.  ;D

Praetorian

We may be in the same boat and need something. From looking online it looks like Pendragon has something that is reasonably priced. Our problem is we are photographing a wedding their Saturday and will be starting around 8 that morning. Doubt we will have time to get a cloak if it is really cold Saturday AM.