News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Weird question

Started by CountessofPhoenix, May 13, 2008, 11:19:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountessofPhoenix

I have a weird question. The other day I saw a package of chicken feet. I wondered about painting them, decorating them and selling them as dragon feet. Any thoughts on this subject would be more than appreciated.
Countess of Phoenix
Descendant of Celtic Nobility
Designer Extraordinaire
We are only limited by what we can dream

Tami MacLeod

Are they dried?
Cause they will turn moldy after time, if you dont seal it, and to seal it it needs to be fully dried..
I think thats a cool idea, do chicken feet look like dragon feet?

I have seen some in LA, they were painted and sold as good luck charms..

Magister

I saw something like that in a little shack shop in Louisiana a long time ago.  They were sold as a "voodoo" charm of some type or another.

As for the drying and sealing.  So long as they are completely dried, you could seal them with a polyurethane sealant after painting.  That should keep them from going moldy and protect the paint work.

Not sure on the viability of how well they would sell.. but certainly an interesting idea.

- Mag
Magister
Moderator: Crafting Corner, Buy + Sale + Trade

CapnFayeCutler

Ooh perhaps have a few on sticks and sell them as back scratchers? Sorry, couldn't resist. I *DO* love a good back scratcher.  ;D :D
Slack'n Penny -  Chieftess, Clan Byrne of the IPB
IFRP# 1264 IWG #3575
RoOL 26 | Castleteer | ETTE

Cobaltblu

Interesting...however wouldn't they be a bit small for dragon feet?

Regards,

CB
Click on my website icon on the left to view my photo album of garb and items.

Hoowil

Hey, baby dragon feet, or drake feet, or shrunken dragon feet (think shrunken heads). Wyvern feet?
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy and taste good with catsup.

ladiedragon

Quote from: Moiramcleod on May 13, 2008, 03:13:45 PM
Are they dried?
Cause they will turn moldy after time, if you dont seal it, and to seal it it needs to be fully dried..
I think thats a cool idea, do chicken feet look like dragon feet?

I have seen some in LA, they were painted and sold as good luck charms..

if you pack the chicken feet in salt it will actually help dry out the feet.. i did it with two a few years ago.

Element of Air

That actually sounds like a really interesting and fun thing to do. and I do agree they would need to be sealed and fully dry.

I think it would work marvelously if you could get it to work properly.
Royal Duchess of Air, Music and Beauty in the court of Queen Bonnie.
FOKTOP
Royal Order of Landsharks, Guppy No. 25

Tami MacLeod

Can you do the kitty litter in microwave thing , like we do to dry  flowers??? to dry them?
tami