News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

M'Crack Family Gathering at PARF 2009 - 26-27 September

Started by Lairde Guardn, November 26, 2008, 09:58:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lady de la Warr

OK - time for an update. So this is who I have on the list that is coming so far......anyone else?

Jade'n M'Crack aka Lady De La Warr
Smack'n M'Crack aka Sir Oswyn Dagworth
Flattin M'Crack aka Scotsman
Alone'n M'Crack aka Lady Guinness
Whisper'n M'Crack aka Quiet One  
Breeze'n M'Crack aka Lady Maerwynn
Snuggl'n M'Crack aka Lady Jai
Dark'n M'Crack aka TimT

I really need a head count so I can make arrangements for the activities listed below. So please let me know what - if any - activities you are planning to attend.

As far as the schedule here is what I'm thinking, keeping in mind this is all tentative.....

Friday:

Meet and Greet at Farmer's Hope Inn
3180 Lebanon Road
Manhiem, PA 17545
(717) 664-4673

I'm thinking starting around 6 - 7:00?

Those attending:

Jade'n aka Lady de la Warr
Smack'n aka Sir Oswyn Dagworth
Whisper'n aka Quiet One

Check out their web site for a menu and other info: http://www.farmershopeinn.com/

Route 72, 1/4 mile north of PA Turnpike exit 266

If you are leaving faire - turn right, go past the turnpike and it will be a little ways up on the left. It looks like an old stone farm house.

They have a lovely patio out behind the place that would be a nice area for us. I have spoken to management (a while back) and told them we are coming. I will follow up with them and remind them.

Saturday (tentative):

NOTE: Tailgating is not allowed in the parking lot at PARF. I am posting another thread to propose an alternate means of gathering Saturday morning.

9(ish): Breakfast at Kountry Kitchen (attendees will be listed in the breakfast thread)
11:00 - Canon
3:00 Chieftains Toast/Official introduction of Clan Patrick mascot, pinning of pets, group picture.

Saturday evening after faire we can go to Farmer's hope or we can find something else. Since I am not from that area I don't know everything that is in the vicinity but I can check with the Hampton Inn - then can usually suggest something if you don't want Farmer's Hope again

Sunday:

NOTE: Again, tailgating is not allowed in the parking lot at PARF. I am posting another thread to propose an alternate means of gathering Sunday morning.

11:00 - Canon
3:00 Chieftains Toast (if there is still anyone left)

I will most likely be leaving faire early to go home (probably around 4:00 or maybe earlier) as I have to work the next day and it's a 2 hour drive.

I realize this isn't very structured, but this is a new chapter so we are taking baby steps. Any suggestions for any activities are welcomed.

UPDATE: I spoke with Lairde Guard'n and he and Peddlin are not going to be able to make it up this weekend due to circumstances beyond their control. They will be terribly missed, but we will raise a pint to them in their absence.

It was brought to my attention that there are some pets coming this weekend who are looking forward to being pinned. I do want to assure any pets who are planning to attend and who are scheduled to be pinned that Scotsman and myself will still be pinning the pets scheduled for this weekend.

Lady Mikayla of Phoenicia

I've a few challenges for this weekend... I am scheduled to work Sat & Sun although I MAY be able to get out of Sunday and know I will get off early on Saturday.  Neither myne Sister nor Pyrate can attend with me so cancelled my hotel resos.  I would really like to come out Saturday night after work to enjoy Sunday at PARF however need a place to lay my head Sat nite & Sun nite before the trek back.
"Embrace those who love you and rid yourself of those who bring you down."

Joyce "Delfinia DuSwallow" Howard

Awwww. . .I'm so sorry to say that Cherry'n and Sun'n(aka Lady Joyce Ann) will not be attending, I just can't get it together on my end.Hope everyone has a great time,I'll be there in spirit.
MDRF Dandy  "Delfinia DuSwallow"
Sun'n Penny - Clan O'Morda
LandShark #71
Maker of Buttery Nipples

Scotsman

Lady Guinness and I will be there Saturday only.
We will try to make breakfast on Saturday morning, but that will depend upon the time.
We will not be attending Saturday nights events either ... we are just too wiped after faire to hit the town.
Kilted Rogue #1411
Irish Penny BDE - Flattn'
Castleteer
Teer for life
RFC #56
Was that my inside voice?

Quiet One

I'll be there for Friday nite dinner and both days at faire.  Since it is a real tight budget this trip, I'll have to skip the breakfast.
Whisper'n M'Crack
Castleteer

Lady de la Warr

Quiet One - We are looking forward to seeing you again! I understand about the budget so I will put you down for the Friday dinner head count for sure!

Quote from: Scotsman on September 21, 2009, 01:31:33 PM
Lady Guinness and I will be there Saturday only.
We will try to make breakfast on Saturday morning, but that will depend upon the time.
We will not be attending Saturday nights events either ... we are just too wiped after faire to hit the town.

OK - that's cool. As far as breakfast, since canon is at 11 I was thinking we should meet for breakfast at around 9. That will give me time to eat, then get back and get dressed (there's no way I will be able to enjoy breakfast in a court gown).

Sound good?

Lady Joyce Ann - I am very sorry to hear you and Cherry'n cannot make it this time. I will take you off the list.

Lady Mikayla - I'm sad to hear of your work challenges. I don't know if anyone can accommodate you for a couple of nights or not. Dallas and I have a hotel room with only one bed - and we will not be staying Sunday night. We will be checking out Sunday morning. Anyway, let me know if you find out you can come. Meanwhile I will leave your name on the list - maybe it will create some positive energy that will get you here!

Lady Jai

We will be there.  We won't be there until Saturday sometime though.  Staying at the Hilton Garden.
M'Crack-Snuggl'n

Lady Mikayla of Phoenicia

Quote from: Lady de la Warr on September 21, 2009, 08:10:45 PM
Lady Mikayla - I'm sad to hear of your work challenges. I don't know if anyone can accommodate you for a couple of nights or not. Dallas and I have a hotel room with only one bed - and we will not be staying Sunday night. We will be checking out Sunday morning. Anyway, let me know if you find out you can come. Meanwhile I will leave your name on the list - maybe it will create some positive energy that will get you here!

Thank-thee for thinking of me so kindly!  I am happy to have the work however with only being scheduled 3 days this month, 2 of those 1/2 days and both on this weekend... and the possibility of them not needing me on Sunday... I appreciate the positive energy!!!   :-*
"Embrace those who love you and rid yourself of those who bring you down."

Lady de la Warr

Lady Jai - you are both added to the list  :)

Lady Mikayla, you are quite welcome to have all the positive energy I can send your way!! 8)

Count Adolfo

raise a mug for me!
I'll be thinkin' of ye and wishin' I were there!

Lady de la Warr

CaraGreenleaf

Unfortunately (or fortunately, depending on how you look at it), I will be unable to attend the Gathering since I will be busy working a booth at Ohio that self-same weekend. But I can't wait to see all of you at OHRF in October!
Castleteer, IWG# 3606, MERC# 836, PRIV# 1311
Flog'n M'Crack, Chieftess of O'Cinneide

Corseter, Costumer and Crochete

Lady de la Warr

You shall be missed my dear Flog'n but 'tis well understood why you cannot attend  8)