News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

McLotofus Renvasion weekend?

Started by *Teach*, December 01, 2008, 12:28:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What weekend do you think would be best for the renvasion?

Opening April 4th & 5th
April 11th & 12th
April 18th & 19th
April 25th & 26th
May 2nd & 3rd
May 9th & 10th
May 16th & 17th
May 23 & 24th & 25th

LadyShadow

I will start planning and saving on my end.  Hopefully I will beable to make it this year.  So I guess I just have to wait and see what will happen.  Crossing my fingers extra tight now.
May the stars always shine upon you and yours.

Royal Order of Landsharks Guppy # 98 :)

Zaubon

Quote from: Rani Zemirah on December 02, 2008, 12:13:46 AM
I will definitely do my best to make it, no matter what the weekend... but it will probably only be for one day, since there's no camping, and I live a few hours away. Although, that gives me a few months to figure out where the after party will be, eh?
No worries, we can find a place for you in one of the hotel rooms.

Rani Zemirah

Z, you take such good care of everyone!

Has there been anyone taking care of you lately???
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede

Reaper

Quote from: Rani Zemirah on December 02, 2008, 01:47:19 PM
Z, you take such good care of everyone!

Has there been anyone taking care of you lately???

Agreed Rani. Z is an awesome person. Maybe Santa will bring him some new pots/pans and we can help him break them in..lol

Z, you are a scholar and a gentleman...but don't worry that reputation is safe with us.. ;D
Reaper the Grimm / Trool the Troll
IBRSC #1150 / Ren Merc #858
Clan McLotofus
Enforcer/Sentinel

Zaubon

Reputation? I'm already a known associate of yours!

valt

I am considering going opening weekend.  I prefer cold over warm and that seems like my best chance of cooler weather.  I'll likely make it for the Saturday, Sunday would be iffy.

RenRobin

I too would prefer opening weekend, because it is cooler.
Loki-terr (in training)

CatAshtrophy

Saw a post that had a typo for the dates for Scarby this year. Scarby is from April 4th to May 25, not April 24. Scarby is open on Saturdays and Sundays and Memorial Day Monday and is open from 10-7.

Rani Zemirah

NOOOOO!!!  That is opening weekend of our faire here, and I'm working the whole weekend!!!

(sob)
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede

Captain Kilian

Quote from: x0x_teach_x0x on December 02, 2008, 11:05:43 AM
Quote from: LadyShadow on December 02, 2008, 09:12:54 AM
When is Scarby?  I wanna go  :o  I might need to start scheduling and planning now.  Just tell me when and where so I can cross my fingers, wish and pray that I can make it  ;D
April 24th through May 25th
It looks like the general consensus is leaning mostly towards opening weekend for the main renvasion. Cooler weather seems to be prevailing over longer weekend lol
Come on folks... get to posting so we can get to planning. Some of us have to put in our weekends off this month to plan for next year.

*and I need to know how soon to start stockpiling the rum...*

good gods man, lay off the rum, you scared me! I thought, after reading your response, there was only a month of faire this year!  Scarby starts on the 4th (not 24th) of April, and continues through the 25th of may.

"I'd like to thank all the little people...that just never saw it coming." - Me
Royal Order of the Landshark, Guppy 14

Muffin

Bacardi and I are shooting for closing weekend...  The 3 day weekend works out better for us...  :-*
A Captains Wench

It's always Beer:30 here....

*sigh* So many kilts, so little time......

Ette

eloquentXI

Quote from: Muffin on December 04, 2008, 12:13:49 PM
Bacardi and I are shooting for closing weekend...  The 3 day weekend works out better for us...  :-*

That would be great to see you two finally!  :D
Still Meggers, just a little more grown up now. :)

LadyShadow

Thanks for the clarification on dates.  That is very important.
May the stars always shine upon you and yours.

Royal Order of Landsharks Guppy # 98 :)

Aiacha

Crap. No opening weekend for me...My first weekend can't be until April 25th.

*Teach*

Quote from: Captain Kilian on December 04, 2008, 12:05:04 PM
Quote from: x0x_teach_x0x on December 02, 2008, 11:05:43 AM
Quote from: LadyShadow on December 02, 2008, 09:12:54 AM
When is Scarby?  I wanna go  :o  I might need to start scheduling and planning now.  Just tell me when and where so I can cross my fingers, wish and pray that I can make it  ;D
April 4th through May 25th
It looks like the general consensus is leaning mostly towards opening weekend for the main renvasion. Cooler weather seems to be prevailing over longer weekend lol
Come on folks... get to posting so we can get to planning. Some of us have to put in our weekends off this month to plan for next year.

*and I need to know how soon to start stockpiling the rum...*
good gods man, lay off the rum, you scared me! I thought, after reading your response, there was only a month of faire this year!  Scarby starts on the 4th (not 24th) of April, and continues through the 25th of may.
I don't know what ya'll are talking about... it always said the 4th on my original post
yep it did...
nope... you have no proof
It said 4th
uh huh... yeppers
Teachers dont make mistakes... we just get misheard sometimes
yep... thats all there was to it
(sigh... anyone falling for this?)

Sorry for the confusion, I was typing in a hurry lol
Here is the Scarby site if anyone wants to look around:
http://www.scarboroughrenfest.com/index.html
They don't have the weekends set up for next year yet... prolly be right after the first of the year like last time

*must have had rum on the keyboard...*
*Got more Rum?* "Here, Try This!"
http://forums.wearephoenixrisen.com