News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Nice Faire

Started by dinkywench, December 05, 2008, 08:58:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dinkywench

Over the Thanksgiving weekend I visited the LARF for the first time and I would like to say that I had a great time and you all put on a fun faire. Everyone was welcoming, the shows were fun and the drinks plentiful!

UrsulaChandler

Thank you very much. I hope you come back!
Ursula Chandler
Louisiana Renaissance Festival
Cast, RLHC

MacLaren

I'm still on the fence on whether I want to drive 5+ hours from Houston....I'd have to pack everything back into the truck, and leave here at oh-God hundred hours to do it. For that matter, I'm still in detox from TRF, so maybe a minor relapse would calm the nerves!

I'll likely break down and come out on the morn, camp, do a half day Sunday, and drive back to mundania.... :-\
Dan
Clan McLotofus
Captain, HMS Landshark
ROoL #78, guppy
FOKTOP

UrsulaChandler

Don't go cold turkey. You could have a seizure. Now, we're a little smaller than TRF. Its a good way to step down. But I can't promise LRF will ease the transition to mundane.  ;)
Ursula Chandler
Cast, RLHC

posaune

MacLaren, come on over.... I'm buying.  BTW, I've made the drive from here to Houston in much less than 5 hours, although I was much younger and invincible.... and on two wheels.

MacLaren

I had a great time, no doubt. Couldn't see everything...family emergency dragged me away Sat evening. Still a great time.

However, I've got a problem. Who was the young lass that was sewing rabbit pelts to a tunic for me? I'd sure like to get in touch with her. I'll pay the shipping, whatever, for her troubles. I apologize for not remembering her name, but I'd love to get in touch with her.
Dan
Clan McLotofus
Captain, HMS Landshark
ROoL #78, guppy
FOKTOP

Zaubon

I believe that was Taadia (sp) I don't have a way to contact her, but mayhap Mistress Chandler can help?

brier patch charlie

Well, I just got home from the LARF, and I want every one to know I had a great time. And I will try to make it next year. It was worth the 8 hours I drove. Thanks Ya'll
Charles Coleman

UrsulaChandler

I don't know Taadia. I'll ask on our chatter. Do you have any other description of her?
Ursula Chandler
Cast, RLHC

Zaubon

A very sweet young lady with blond hair that works at the Mediterranean food tent. She came down from Michigan with the Red Cross to help after Katrina.

UrsulaChandler

Dan,

Taadia has been identified. Llort the Troll actually has the pelts right now and is bringing them to her. May I give him your contact info to give to her?
Ursula Chandler
Cast, RLHC

Lady Guinevere

I had a great time at LRF...thanks for being so welcoming!
Clan McLotofus Elder