News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Richmond Christmas Parade

Started by Tim T, December 06, 2008, 04:19:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tim T

Here's the cast getting ready for the Richmond Christmas Parade.

And here they are making their grand entrance!

Okay, a bit off topic, but it's still a cool picture of my son and the Star Wars guys.  Imagine, a bunch of grown adults spending all this time and money just so they can walk around in funny clothes.  I'm glad WE aren't so foolish!

Tim
aka Dark'n M'Crack of Clan M'Crack/Clan White

lordwriothsley

Nice photo's Tim.Thanks for sharing.I so wanted to be there today to march with the cast but unfortunately I had to work,but it looked like they all had fun and that it was a great turnout indeed.
Irish Penny Brigade
IBRSC# 1584
Part Time Noble
Full Time Rogue
Overall Ren Geek
Man of many names
"Did I say that"

Feline Groovy

Wonderful pics!  Wish I could have been there!

How did the F'burg parade go?
Where was I going and how do I get there?

Master James

Excellent job my friend!  Any chance you can send me copies of these so I can get them to Cornie?  Thanks.  The Richmond Parade was fantastic but I wish the band behind us had a clue about parade edicate.  They kept running up on us and literally running us over!  Not only that, when we got to the cameras and started our presentation, the jerks started playing a song as loud as they could!  Totally drowned us out!  I wish I knew how to get a hold of them because I'd like to explain to him/her that that was VERY rude!

Fredericksburg parade was the first time I have been snowed on and cold in my court garb!  I'll just have to remember that once the faire starts and I'm complaining how hot I am!  Once we got going the parade was great although we were behind the Turkey Hill entry that was giving away ice cream so it was a bit hard to interact with people with their mouths full!  It wasn't a total loss though because while waiting we found a GREAT new store that sells vintage jewelry for GREAT prices and got warm in the deal while we were waiting for the parade to start.  I forgot her card but I'll put it up here tomorrow when I get her card from home.
Why can't reality be more like faire?
Clan M'Crack
RenVet
Royal Order of Landsharks #59
FoMDRF
RFC #51

lordwriothsley

Jim I'm glad that Richmond Parade went well however I'm sorry that those jerks behind you all just couldn't get the idea to stop being so rude to you all.I don't blame you one bit for being frustrated with them cause crap like would have pissed me off in a skinny minute.I'm sorry I couldn't be there to march with you all but I had to work that day but I did think about you all all day.As for the F'burg parade I would have welcomed the snow and the cold weather for a change as VARF is just so ungodly hot.Kind of makes you wish that VARF started in the later months of the year for some of that good old cold weather fall and winter weather don't it?
Irish Penny Brigade
IBRSC# 1584
Part Time Noble
Full Time Rogue
Overall Ren Geek
Man of many names
"Did I say that"

Master James

Well when I'm sweating like crazy I'm going to just remember that cold day and night and maybe I can be a little cooler!  LOL
Why can't reality be more like faire?
Clan M'Crack
RenVet
Royal Order of Landsharks #59
FoMDRF
RFC #51

lordwriothsley

I hadn't really thought of that.It kind of reminds me of a similar situation I was in about 3 years ago with another renaissance group when I marched in the Scottish Walk Christmas Parade and it was freezing cold as well.After doing VARF boy did I welcome the change in the weather then,however although some may like it cold but others do prefer the hot weather of course.It all just depends on the person.
Irish Penny Brigade
IBRSC# 1584
Part Time Noble
Full Time Rogue
Overall Ren Geek
Man of many names
"Did I say that"