News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Party at Campground?

Started by bagpiper, May 13, 2008, 09:56:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bagpiper

Hey everyone. I seen to remember Caroll Black (Lady Ettie) saying something about a party for RESCU held at a campground tomorrow night. Anyone know any more info on this?
There Can Be Only One

renfairephotog

Tomorrow at the campgrounds. 3-6
Twenty seasons of covering renaissance  festivals. Photos/calendar/blog.
Fairy photographer

bagpiper

good deal. Where exactly are the campgrounds?
There Can Be Only One

Escarlata

I'm waiting on detailed information, but what I have so far says:

RESCU Rally
Nashville-I24 Campground
1130 Rocky Fork Rd, Smyrna

Pool Olympics
Patrons Welcome
Esc be no lady!
Bringing Good and Bad Dreams...as appropriate
FaireNews-spreading the Joy of Faire, one post at a time

renfairephotog

Off Sam Ridley. The turn is near Toots.
Twenty seasons of covering renaissance  festivals. Photos/calendar/blog.
Fairy photographer

Escarlata

Jezzie McPeaks, who I don't think has made it over here yet, posted the following recap over on MySpace about the RESCU Rally that was held at the campground. Sounds like a great time was had and lots of money raised.

Quote from: Jezzie McPeaks
We started off with a wonderful spread of food, salads, BBQ'd meats, cookies and even cotton candy! Soon after partaking of this marvelous spread, everyone went outside to enjoy the games, which began with a "Corn Shucking contest".

There was a tie, which resulted in a "shuck-off". It was a blast to watch, and you can enjoy photos of this and the rest of the day in my [MySpace] "RESCU Rally" photo album!

We then turned our attention the very humorous "Passing of the Olympic Torch" which announced the beginning of our RESCU Olympic Games. Books of game tickets were pre-sold for $20 each, with the opportunity to play 18 games, which included such games as Ring Toss over a tree stump, passing 3 Frisbee's through fence rails, throwing balls through various sized holes, putting golf balls and swatting badmitton birdies into circles, etc.. At the end of the games the scores were tallied and prizes were awarded. Yours Truly actually won a prize for being the Biggest LOSER! *LOL*

All during the day, for a $3 donation, there was the opportunity to go fishing for Grab Bags off a swinging bridge. It was well worth the fun and donation, as there were prizes such as four $25 gas cards and gift certificates for FREE FOOD at Toots! The other prizes were excellent, as well.

We were then called in for the Live Auction, which included a neat pirate frock made up of burlap. Many of us had been bidding on a multitude of items included in the Silent Auction throughout the day. We finished up with a Cake and Cookie auction and "BONEPONY", a Rockin' Bluegrass band came and played a few songs, to which we danced. Music continued outside by the pool and well into the night by many of our beloved Rennie Musicians.

Although it was overcast and drizzly most of the day, and we couldn't have our pool party, we still had a fab-o time and successfully raised $3,100 for the cause! All the hard work paid off! A huge "HUZZAH" goes to Sue, Carol (Lady Ettie) and Tattoo Sue for coordinating this event and working so hard to make this a grand event. Thanks also to all those who volunteered to clean out the building, set up the tables and auction items, running the games, cooking the food, and cleaning up afterwards. You are all a very valuable asset to RESCU. (Forgive me if I've forgotten to mention anyone in particular.)
Esc be no lady!
Bringing Good and Bad Dreams...as appropriate
FaireNews-spreading the Joy of Faire, one post at a time

Syrilla

That was such great fun, even tho I had to leave early.  Many silly, fun games and *sigh* I didn't win... For some reason at faire I win everything!  ;P

BLAKDUKE

Quote from: Syrilla on May 16, 2008, 01:46:25 PM
That was such great fun, even tho I had to leave early.  Many silly, fun games and *sigh* I didn't win... For some reason at faire I win everything!  ;P

Yeah go figure why that is............. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Ancient swordsman/royalty
Have Crown/Sword Will Travel

enchantedchains

GREAT LAKES RESCU RALLY! TOMORROW!!!!!!!!

You are invited to join us at our Annual RESCU Rally that is being held this year at Richard's Campground on Barrett/Thompson Road in Thompson, Ohio.

The event will run on Wednesday, August 6th from 12:00 to 8:00pm. 

This year we are featuring a unique RESCU Olympics (featuring 18 not-so-world-class events from 2-4pm), Auctions, Raffles, Grab Bag, Musical Entertainment, Games, Cookout and Pot Luck (bring a dish to share).

Please join us as we put the 'fun' in FUNdraising.

RESCU - Renaissance Entertainers, Services and Crafters United - is a federally recognized non-profit organization that was developed to promote and maintain the health and medical well-being of the participants of Renaissance Faires, historical performances and other artistic events through financial assistance, education, advocacy and preventative programs. It provides support whether self-employed, uninsured or underinsured, when medical crises occur. Rallies, auctions and other fund-raisers are held within our community during the run of each faire, every year, to help fund this program.

HOW CAN YOU HELP? Call us at 1-800-374-9215 or contact us online at www.RESCUfoundation.org, or email us at Melissa@Rescufoundation.org if you can:

# Donate $$$ to sponsor an Olympic prize for the Great Lakes Rally
# Donate $$$ or items for out auctions
# Provide medical, dental or other Professional services at reduced rates
# Set up a RESCU as a charity option at your place of employment with possible Corporate Matching
# Sponsor fund-raisers with proceeds donated to RESCU
# Use GoodSearch.com as your search engine and online shopping mall. Select RESCU Foundation as your charity then, every time you search the internet or make an online purchase at one of their partner merchants, GoodSearch makes a donation to RESCU

DIRECTIONS to the event: From I-90, take the 534 exit at Geneva and head towards the faire. Go approximately 4 ½ miles and take a right on Barrett Rd. Go another 4 ½ miles to Richard's Campground; entrance is on the right.