News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Impressed with Chris B and Wine & Alchemy

Started by DonaCatalina, April 19, 2009, 04:59:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Al-Nimer

The new CD is awesome, but I still think you all sound great at the live sets!  Chris, Cat & Roxanne, thanks for stopping by the BDT Star stage!  It was nice seeing people I know in the audience  :)
Oh, did I mention that the new CD is AWESOME  8)
"I reject your reality and substitute my own!" - Adam, Mythbusters

Chris B

Tukaram,

The accoustic shows are always interesting.  I think the weather was such that everyone was just trying to make the best of it and stay light hearted. 

Matty Groves was definately the one that stuck out in my mind.  None of us could hear Roxanna singing since she was standing in front of us and facing away from us so we were all talking to each other the whole time, trying to figure out where we were because I think we all que off of her vocals.  Then I got distracted and missed the que for the last 45 second fiddle solo, and we all just sat there looking at each other.  The funny part is that most the people there didn't seem to recognize that anything was missing.  I guess the band members weren't the only people drinking by that point......  ;)  I think the word for the day for everyone on Saturday was "contingency".

Al-Nimer

It was fun getting to watch one of your sets.  I will try to make the 3:00 soon so we can take in a longer one.  Great talking to you, and I am sure I will see you in the upcoming 3 weeks.

CatAshtrophy

Al Nimer, it was great to see one of your sets.

For the record, Chris, I like the accoustic sets better. They have a special magic to them.

Al-Nimer

Hey Chris,
On the new CD, what tracks are you featured as the fiddler?  Just curious.

Gauwyn of Bracknell

I just received the new CD and it is excellent.  I saw them for the first time a couple weeks back and have been looking forward to 'hearing' them again.  Really good live!!
Born 500 years late

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Richard de Graeme

"For it is the doom of man that they forget."
NE OUBLIE!
Purveyor of dubious wisdom
Player of spoons
Herbalist

Chris B

Al-Nimer,

Corrin is playing all the fiddle parts on the CD.  At this stage, I am just playing Scarborough with them and am not sure where it goes after that.  I started playing with them a week before Scarby so I haven't been there long. 

If they drop me for another fiddle, I will hopefully get picked up by another group out at TRF.  If not, I am perfectly content being a playtron and rockin the armor every weekend.  I have a few surprises up my sleeves in new looks and armor sets that haven't seen the light of day yet.....

Richard de Graeme

What happened with the Chicago based fiddler on the website?
NE OUBLIE!
Player of spoons
Herbalist

Chris B

Richard de Graeme

NE OUBLIE!
Player of spoons
Herbalist

Al-Nimer

Quote from: Chris B on May 07, 2009, 07:11:27 AM
Al-Nimer,

Corrin is playing all the fiddle parts on the CD.  At this stage, I am just playing Scarborough with them and am not sure where it goes after that.  I started playing with them a week before Scarby so I haven't been there long. 

If they drop me for another fiddle, I will hopefully get picked up by another group out at TRF.  If not, I am perfectly content being a playtron and rockin the armor every weekend.  I have a few surprises up my sleeves in new looks and armor sets that haven't seen the light of day yet.....
That's cool...I could have sworn you were playing on at least one or two of the tracks, especially when I saw your name in the credits.  Looking forward to seeing what surprises you bring...we'll be back on pirate weekend!

Merlin

My daughter introduced me to these wonderful artists this past weekend. (She has a crush on Mark...but who wouldn't. I'm a hetero dude and that guy is HAWT!) Anyhoooooo... we enjoyed the music...bought both CD's and I listened to them twice today.

Very nice!

I'll be back next weekend again to take in some more tunes!

Dark Wizard
Anál nathrach- Breath of serpent
Orth' bháis 's bethad- Spell of death and of life
Do chél dénmha- Thy omen of making

*Teach*

Two more videos of Wine & Alchemy are up from closing weekend.
I don't know the names of the songs, so if someone wants to tell me I can edit the titles.

Wine & Alchemy 2 - Scarborough '09
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qjGZWvySVQE
Wine & Alchemy 3 - Scarborough '09
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fq0Is4Tod9Y

*Camera was mounted on my rum mug... that works pretty well actually*
*Got more Rum?* "Here, Try This!"
http://forums.wearephoenixrisen.com

dragonslayer808

Never had time to really sit and listen, but I did enjoy thier rather unique sound when I wandered down that way for lunch.