News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Royal Felines

Started by Queen Bonnie, May 14, 2008, 08:43:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

raevyncait

she's rotten as all get out... there's a pic on my FB page of her licking my eye when I was napping at lunch today, you should be able to see it
Raevyn
IWG 3450
The ORIGINAL Pipe Wench
Wench @ Large #2
Resident Scottish Gypsy
Royal Aromatherapist

raevyncait

When I moved into my place, back in January, there were a handful of ferals in the neighborhood, including a couple of tabbys that are totally into trying to get IN the house with me.  Obviously, with my purebreds (1 sphynx, 1 dwelf), that are part of a breedable line, and without fleas, I REALLY don't want to bring other cats into the house, but that hasn't stopped them! Well, the female, I noticed about 2.5 weeks ago was suddenly FAT... or pregnant.  When I arrived home today, after a REALLY crummy start to the week (extra long day at work yesterday topped off with a flat tire halfway home, not enough sleep either Sunday or Monday nights), she'd had her kittens in a box on my front porch. 1 didn't make it but the other 4 seem healthy and active. She's let me check them, and as long as I put them back in the box, she's fine with me touching them. While I'm gone this weekend, my upstairs neighbors are going to make sure she's fed & watered for me.

Feral Kittens born 4/3/12 by rainertx, on Flickr
Raevyn
IWG 3450
The ORIGINAL Pipe Wench
Wench @ Large #2
Resident Scottish Gypsy
Royal Aromatherapist

Queen Bonnie

There is just no stopping kittens! So cute!
Wingardium Leviosa!
Tis not the length of the staff- but the magick there in!

Merlin the Elder

We returned from our renewal at Scarby to find a litter from a feral that we've been trying to befriend. I think there's 6, but she won't let me close enough to see. (By the way, Bonnie, thanks for sharing with us!)
Living life in the slow lane
ROoL #116; the Jack of Daniels; AARP #7; SS# 000-00-0013
I've upped my standards. Now, up yours.
...and may all your babies be born naked...

Queen Bonnie

You got kittens- I got a scruffy old tom cat who is now hanging around.I feed him but he is a wild stray.
Renvy! Kittens are cute!
Merlin - it was my pleasure to be at your lovely anniversary! It was a wondrous experience. I really enjoyed it. Much love!
Wingardium Leviosa!

Lady Neysa

Hello all, my cat just had kittens 2 days ago!  Six were born, but one died right after birth. (It was already dead when we discovered them. They were born sometime between 7 am and 2 pm friday.) The runt unfortunately didn't make it either. It must have  been too weak to nurse, and expired last night.  For them being just 2 days old, it sure does seem like momma is spending a lot of time out of the box. I know she needs breaks and to eat, drink and use the litter pan, but right now she's just laying, seemingly unconcerned on the kitchen floor in another room.  She's been away from them a lot today, or it seems to me.  Once yesterday when I felt like she was gone too long, I put her back in with them.  The 4 remaining babies don't seem to be in any distress,  no crying or anything, and they just squirm around a bit and sleep in a little kitten pile.  Should I just leave momma alone, and assume she knows what to do?  How do you know if she's being an attentive enough momma?  I've read sometimes queens don't have the mothering instinct and will abandon them, or just not be a good mother.  I'm probably being silly, she probably knows better than I do, but I've never had newborn kittens before!

William the Braveheart

Quote from: Queen Bonnie on April 15, 2012, 09:35:00 AM
There is just no stopping kittens! So cute!
I like it when they get just old enough to start the stalking and sneak attacking each other. It's hilarious.

I'm a cat lover and will post some pics of mine and some of Mimick (Peter Andres's cat, the Glass Blower from Scarborough) whenever I can master the fine art of posting photos. My computer is ancient with USB ports that don't work, so I'll have to do it on another computer.

BTW, many thanks to Captain Teague for helping me get the Avatar/Profile pic up and running..........
"Consuming my enemies with fireballs from my eyes and bolts of lightning from my arse"

Queen Bonnie

I am now up to 5 cats! My neighbor gave me a stray kitten he found on Mothers day.  Furrgus is a yellow and white tiger tabby and cute and well behaved. Koda likes him so do the rest of my Royal Felines. I am having a lot of fun with this kitten. Just what I needed to cheer me up.
Wingardium Leviosa!

Alaric

We have several Kitty's but this one is my buddy.  His name is Pandy and he is a super rare male tortise shell.

We thought he was a girl until we took him to get fixed. The vet couldn't believe it and made a huge deal about it.

Queen Bonnie

I have never seen a male tortie! You do have a very rare cat Alaric! wow!
Wingardium Leviosa!

Rendiami03

Queen Bonnie

Lovely Felines Diami!
I love them alll but black cats are special.
Wingardium Leviosa!