News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

MNRF website

Started by groomporter, May 14, 2008, 09:19:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

groomporter

They've been doing a little more work on the site. On this page there's a list of the new crafters for 2008 and they're letting us E-mail in one photo of one of our best pieces and they are posting links them next to our booth name (see the camera icons lower on the page -just a couple are up so far)
http://www.renaissancefest.com/MRF/marketplace.html
When you die can you donate your body to pseudo-science?

violetrose

Wish they hadn't made that list an image. Would have been nice to be able to search the list for names.
~Coffee Wench~
TheCastleGrounds.com
God Save the Bean!

groomporter

I didn't notice the list was a graphic. How silly, doesn't that make it a lot harder to edit?

DeadBishop

Well that's annoying.  Would be nice if it wasn't a graphic.  Add links to the crafters' names who have websites and such.

R/F.com member since 2003

escherblacksmith

Especially since the picture links are hard coded coordinates.

What a stupid way of handling it.

--

groomporter

I think it's a very "graphic artist" way of doing websites with text embedded in graphics instead of standing on it's own.

violetrose

Editing nightmare! You have to recreate and upload a new image every time you want to add someone or want to edit the list!
~Coffee Wench~
TheCastleGrounds.com
God Save the Bean!

Lord Figaro

Doesn't make a whole lotta sense, but then we are talking about management here.
Those who do not remember their past are condemned to repeat their mistakes.

George Santayana

SleepyArcher

Hey Groomporter can you find out if they are going to have the Archery Contest again? I suppose I could call but I feel I wont get anywhere with the office people.
Knight, FOP, Pirate, Woodsman...I am a man of many faces.

groomporter

I'll see what I can find out. I have a vague memory of it not happening last year because they suddenly realized they didn't really have anyplace suitable to do it safely.

I did find the rules from last year. Would this fit in the archery booth in the games area that's around the corner from the BLT?

Archery Tournament Rules:

* Awards will be given for 1st, 2nd, 3rd places.
    * Complimentary tickets will be given to you and one guest on the day you are competing.  Ticket must be picked up at Will Call.
    * You must have some experience in this sport to be accepted in the competition.
    * Tournament is of retreating distance style starting between five and fifteen yards and retreating in ten yard increments to a maximum of 100 yards.
    * Each archer is allowed three shots from each distance until disqualified.
    * Disqualification happens when archer fails to hit the target area with one of their three shots.
    * Tie-breaker: In case of a tie a random distance that all of the remaining archers have qualified in will be used.  Each archer will be allowed one shot at this distance.  Closest to the bulls eye will win the contested position.  The next closest competitor will place in the next lower position.

Equipment:

* Bows: Tournament is open to all bows of traditional design (recurve and long bow) with no restrictions on the material used in the bow.
          o Self bows, laminated and laminated recurve bows allowed.
          o No Compound or cross bows will be allowed
    * Arrows: Are to be made of wood with feather fletching, plastic nocks are allowed. Standard field type tips are to be used.
    * Sighting devices: - Are not allowed

groomporter

Here's what I got from a friend: The archery contest was a no-go because there were some major safety concerns as well as some confusing aspects of the sign up process. He didn't know if they are planning another go at it but would be rather surprised if they attempted it with out some major changes.