News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

A Tour of the Grounds

Started by rengypsy, December 28, 2008, 06:38:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mpullen

Couldn't make it. I had planned on driving up around noon after working at Seawolf Park in Galveston, but unfortunately the cold and wet weather took it's toll. About the time I got by my exit to Pearland on the Beltway, I was really bad off, so headed to home.

Hope someone gets some great pictures of the faire site.

*Teach*

Just got back a bit ago.
Walking about the grounds with Rengypsy you can really get a feeling for what is coming.
I am definitely hooked on this faire and plan to do anything I can to make it a success (even possibly opening a booth myself with some cohorts).

*I can see myself drinking a lot of rum out there...*
*Got more Rum?* "Here, Try This!"
http://forums.wearephoenixrisen.com

dbaldock

Quote from: *Teach* on January 24, 2009, 08:47:55 PM
Just got back a bit ago.
Walking about the grounds with Rengypsy you can really get a feeling for what is coming.
I am definitely hooked on this faire and plan to do anything I can to make it a success (even possibly opening a booth myself with some cohorts).

*I can see myself drinking a lot of rum out there...*

You're going to open a Rum Drinking Booth?   ;)  ;D
Great minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, small minds discuss people... -anonymous

Lady Katherine

I hope to hear all about the site.  Master Benjamin and I are both excited about the new Faire from all we've been reading, and want to do whatever we can to help out.  We truely wanted to be there today.

MacLaren

I wish I'd been able to stay longer. Kilt, cold, blasted wind, all said go home. The grounds look good. I'll surely be peddling my wares at opening cannon!
Dan
Clan McLotofus
Captain, HMS Landshark
ROoL #78, guppy
FOKTOP

Pascal

Darn, we got there a little late and missed the tour.  Enjoyed the company and the faire plans in the tent.  Got too cold and windy, so left a little early (and missed the second tour if there was one).

Drove down Old Potato Road to see the "entrance".  When you drive that road, the first half or so has the wooded land to the right, then an open and sloping field to the right for the second half.  It's my understanding that the faire grounds will be on the open sloping portion -- is that correct?  Looks really, really nice.  Parking looks ample on the left hand side of Old Potato Road.

Turning left back onto 290 from Old Potato Road was pretty rough, though.

dbaldock

Quote from: Pascal on January 25, 2009, 09:18:53 AM
Turning left back onto 290 from Old Potato Road was pretty rough, though.

The safest way to cross Hwy 290 from Old Potato Road is to go East (Right) on Old Hwy 20 (at the back side of the Sherwood Forest Faire) to Hwy 21, then turn right and cross the Hwy 290 overpass so you can use the East-bound entrance ramp.

Take Care,
David Baldock
Great minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, small minds discuss people... -anonymous

rengypsy

what a great outing yesterday.
thanks for all who attended. sorry we didnt make it clear that entry for the day's event was off 290--not old potato road.  at my estimate we had well over a hundred folk on site.  hope you could all see the vision and could start to find your space (and paint brush) within the project. 
lots of interest in vendor possibilities.  that was fantastic.
would like all comments, concerns, and suggestions...
deepest apologies for those who did not find the entrance on 290 well-marked.  i know we failed horribly at our signage and directions. we will do better next time.  hoping for a repeat gathering in late february. 
it's all about the journey and the people we choose to make the journey with

Pascal

Quote from: rengypsy on January 25, 2009, 02:56:58 PM
entry for the day's event was off 290--not old potato road. 

Not a problem here -- after we left, we went down Old Potato Road to see the eventual Faire entrance.

I'm assuming the Faire grounds will be the sloped cleared area bounded by Old Potato Road and Old Hwy 20.  Will there be a view-blocking fence bounding Old Potato Road -- or will the backs of the vendor huts be visible from the road?

Or do I just have the map upside down! (a distinct possibility!)

Moon Dawg

There was a good turnout of Vendors and Rennies at the faire Grounds on a cold blustery Texas day this past Saturday. We had 1554, Ale and red Wine to fortify our blood somewhat and a huge dose of cheese pizza for fuel and we needed it. Some brave souls even camped out that night. Anyway here are the pic's from that day.

Sherwood has an absolutely beautiful site with trees of all kinds, a spring fed lake that keeps a creek flowing year round (Can you say "Skinny Dip"?) and sandy soil throughout! NO BLACK MUCK! HUZZAH! As things progress I will return and take more pic's!

Namaste
Moon)Dawg
Mage of the Majick Box
Keeper of the Pygmypony
Wizard to the Kingdom of Onondaga

http://www.pygmypony.net
Photos: http://www.pygmypony.net/Sherwood%20Forest/SherwoodForestPt1/index.htm
Moon)Dawg
Mage of the Majick Box
Keeper of the Pygmypony
Wizard to the Kingdom of Onondaga

Aiacha

Thanks for the pictures Moon)Dawg.  I'm sorry I didn't make it, but the cold and the wind took it all out of me that morning.  That will be a lovely site with all those nice trees!

Queen Bonnie

I had no trouble finding the butterfly! Good directions! It was a lovely time! So grand to see so many friends and such a great turnout!
Many thanks to RennGypsy for a lovely party. The grounds are magical. I even found a wand ! Even on such a nasty cold windy day I could feel what a great faire this will be. I am excited! The faire is 20 minutes away from MeowManor! Huzzah!
I look forward to being a part of this wonderous faire! HUZZAH!
Can't wait for the next gathering in Feb!
Wingardium Leviosa!
Tis not the length of the staff- but the magick there in!

rengypsy

queen bonnie,

thanks so much for making the trek.  your presence was most appreciated.  i apologize i did not get to bid you farewell.

rengypsy
it's all about the journey and the people we choose to make the journey with

Harbinger

Thanks again for allowing me to come out and visit the grounds, it was a great time. It was
great meeting everyone. I can't wait for the opening. I apologize for having to leave early,
but it was a bit cold and once it gets dark it can get slippery on a bike  ;D

-Harb
BĂ©nigne Dauvergne Saint de Mars
Private First Class, Texas Musketeers
Rex Dolor, Malleus De Deus

Queen Bonnie

LOl! I had to get the MeowMobile home before Dark- otherwise it turns into a Pumpkin! Sorry I did not bid you farewell- but I also needed a privy! Glad I was only 20 Min away!  Huzzah and well done RennGypsy! I thank you for your hospitality! I look forward to more good times at Sherwood and will happily spread the word far and wide about this lovely and magical faire to be!
Wingardium Leviosa!
Tis not the length of the staff- but the magick there in!