News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Hoggetowne midieval Faire

Started by Woodsman, January 04, 2009, 04:34:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

renfairenewb

Woodsman, thank you I will.  Will you be wearing the same thing as in your avatar?

Woodsman

Yes I will. If it is cold I will also be wearing a cape. I hope to see you there.
Landshark #77

Squire Mickey

Ok, Ok, So who is going this weekend then??????
Mickey Flint, Esquire
First Mate, The Harbinger
Landshark #107
IFRP #1473
Clan M'Crack P.E.T.
Captain, Ithilean Ran

Anna Iram

I was toying with coming up, but Sunday is the only day I have free and it's Superbowl. Rather be eating pizza and cheering on the underdogs than doing a six hour/ round trip drive with some possible superbowl traffic spillover.

Squire Mickey

Quote from: Anna Iram on January 29, 2009, 01:33:30 PM
I was toying with coming up, but Sunday is the only day I have free and it's Superbowl. Rather be eating pizza and cheering on the underdogs than doing a six hour/ round trip drive with some possible superbowl traffic spillover.

Yeah 6 hours is alot. Its only about 3 hour round trip for me. I am either going Sat. or not at all...
Mickey Flint, Esquire
Landshark #107
IFRP #1473
Clan M'Crack P.E.T.
Captain, Ithilean Ran

Woodsman

I am going to be there Saturday. My wife just finished my new cloak and as cold as it is suppose to be I'll need it. Hope to see you there Mickey.
Landshark #77

Squire Mickey

Mickey Flint, Esquire
Landshark #107
IFRP #1473
Clan M'Crack P.E.T.
Captain, Ithilean Ran

Celtic_Fae

The last time I checked, it was supposed to be 60's. Beautiful faire weather if you ask me: it's not going to be crazy-hot! We'll be going this weekend, as well.

Woodsman

30's on Saturday morning, with a high of 60. Clear and sunny.
Landshark #77

renfairenewb

My wife and I will be there this weekend.  It's our second Ren Faire and our first attempt in any garb (hers is much better than mine). 

Squire Mickey

Anyone have any pictures from last weekend?
Mickey Flint, Esquire
Landshark #107
IFRP #1473
Clan M'Crack P.E.T.
Captain, Ithilean Ran

BLAKDUKE

renfaireweb:

I hope you succeed on your mongol warrior garb.  However let me add this, the mongols also had higher ups like noblemen and I think their garb was a bit more ornate.  Check with the library reference room in the costume section, I'm sure they would have something.  It is always refreshing to see something different at faire.  With all the English, French, Italian, Spanish, and German  one would think that orientals did not exist in renaissance times(I was actually told that by a playtron who objected to my Ninja garbed body guard).  Actually the comment was that his outfit was not histrically correct(????).   Good luck, hope to see you at faire someplace.   
Ancient swordsman/royalty
Have Crown/Sword Will Travel

Celtic_Fae

renfairenewb

Quote from: BLAKDUKE on January 30, 2009, 11:10:17 AM
renfaireweb:

I hope you succeed on your mongol warrior garb.  However let me add this, the mongols also had higher ups like noblemen and I think their garb was a bit more ornate.  Check with the library reference room in the costume section, I'm sure they would have something.  It is always refreshing to see something different at faire.  With all the English, French, Italian, Spanish, and German  one would think that orientals did not exist in renaissance times(I was actually told that by a playtron who objected to my Ninja garbed body guard).  Actually the comment was that his outfit was not histrically correct(????).   Good luck, hope to see you at faire someplace.   
I tried to do a bit of research and what I attempted was to create more a lower class warrior, but I didn't have a lot of time.  I literally put it together last weekend and have worked on parts of it every night this week.  The look I wanted I did not quite achieve...LOL.  The garb ended up looking like a Franciscan monk, but with more of tan color robes and a sash.  My son said I look like a poor man's version of the character from the video game Assassin's Creed (sadly, it's not even that cool looking).  I will probably add some leather to it over time.  My wife and I will make an odd pair.  We won't match at all.  I'll be this pseudo mongol warrior and she'll be a blonde in tights, boots, corset, and Spanish rapier.  I really need to learn how to use that old sewing machine I've got sitting in the garage.  We just plan to have fun and hope we don't get too many negative comments about our garb.

sorry, but exactly where is the "costume section?"

Squire Mickey

Quote from: renfairenewb on January 30, 2009, 12:28:37 PM
Quote from: BLAKDUKE on January 30, 2009, 11:10:17 AM
renfaireweb:

I tried to do a bit of research and what I attempted was to create more a lower class warrior, but I didn't have a lot of time.  I literally put it together last weekend and have worked on parts of it every night this week.  The look I wanted I did not quite achieve...LOL.  The garb ended up looking like a Franciscan monk, but with more of tan color robes and a sash.  My son said I look like a poor man's version of the character from the video game Assassin's Creed (sadly, it's not even that cool looking).  I will probably add some leather to it over time.  My wife and I will make an odd pair.  We won't match at all.  I'll be this pseudo mongol warrior and she'll be a blonde in tights, boots, corset, and Spanish rapier.  I really need to learn how to use that old sewing machine I've got sitting in the garage.  We just plan to have fun and hope we don't get too many negative comments about our garb.

sorry, but exactly where is the "costume section?"

If anyone gives ye a negative comment, send them my way and I'll have a bit o chat with em.

Fun is what we are after, and the coin of a faire. Those who don't understand that should be in the stocks or the brig.
Mickey Flint, Esquire
Landshark #107
IFRP #1473
Clan M'Crack P.E.T.
Captain, Ithilean Ran