News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Renfaire paper

Started by c_riley, January 17, 2009, 06:26:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

c_riley

Hey, everyone!  Sorry it's been so long, but for those of you who were curious about that random researcher--it's me.  I was hoping to get some feedback on the paper before posting it, but oh well.  I'll warn you, it's the first paper on folklore I've written, and I tried to do you guys justice.  If ya'll have any feedback you want to give me feel free.   This isn't something I can publish (I know some of you were interested in that) due to rights/restrictions/consent forms and a ton of other stuff, but you can read it and share it among yourselves.  Just let me know ahead of time if it's going out of the Rennie circle.  It's about 20 pages, so I had to upload it for file sharing. 

Volume Way Up.doc

If you'd rather I e-mailed it to you, I think my e-mail's available through my profile (but if I'm slow to respond, forgive me--this semester's a doozy). 

I submit myself to your mercy!

Sonata

I can't speak for anyone else, but I like it. I don't believe I met you, but I'm glad you came out and appreciate what you've written.

It's always fascinating to me to get an "outsider's"-eye-view of our community. Many of the things you point out about our culture, the way we interact with each other, and the common beliefs that we hold resonate as true to me, though I might never have taken the time to sit down and articulate them so clearly.

Thank you for writing this piece, and for sharing it with us. I hope your experience while researching was enjoyable enough to bring you back for its own sake; I'd like to have an opportunity to meet you :)
Humans need fantasy to be human, to be the place where the fallen angel meets the rising ape. Terry Pratchett