News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Started by Goody, January 07, 2009, 11:06:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dayna

When you're there, please consider visiting the Friends of Faire garden.  For the small sum of $5 for the weekend, you'll have all the free Gatorade and cold water you can drink, tables and benches for sitting, an opportunity for pleasant conversation and perhaps a class, and cubby holes where you can store purchases so that you don't have to schlep them around all day and/or remember to run around picking them up before you leave.

Dayna Thomas
Bristol Hench 2009
Dayna Thomas
Nixie's Mom
Bristol FoF Hench
Education Goddess...yeah, right
FoF Merchant Liason/Merchandizing Maven

Vartha

Quote from: Dinobabe on February 02, 2009, 08:23:19 PM
I am SOOO jealous of you guys!  :'(  ;)  I would LOVE to have Bristol in my backyard.  I consider it my home faire since grandma and grandpa were there for 17 years. 
I hear ya Dinobabae. I consider it my home faire too even being in Arkansas. In some cases I stay in contact with more Bristol Rennies than anyone else other than family. I was only 25 minutes away from Bristol When I lived up there, and walked through at least twice a month in the off season.

Lord Clisto of York

I am going to be there as I have been each weekend since 1977. But not until I finish performing up north, which overlaps it by 2 weeks the last 2 years. So, most likely the weekend after July 18/19.
Invictus Maneo - I Remain Unvanquished

Marietta Graziella

I just discoverd that my cousin lives 45 minutes from Bristol so I might just have to make the trip this year.  Have been wanting to visit this much talked about village. 

Perhaps we'll have to sort out a MN invasion.
Nothing clever to say here.  Not enough caffine yet.

Lord Clisto of York

would be nice to meet you.

Marietta Graziella

Quote from: sir clisto on March 17, 2009, 01:44:13 AM

Sir Clisto, I've spoken to you at WIRF (Chippewa Falls) the last 2 years.  Apparently I'm quite forgettable.  :-\

Dayna

Oh, Do Come visit!!!  After all, it's only 300 miles further than WIRF.  If I can do it every weekend, you can do it once  :D

Dayna
Dayna Thomas
Nixie's Mom
Bristol FoF Hench
Education Goddess...yeah, right
FoF Merchant Liason/Merchandizing Maven

Lady Renee Buchanan

Quote from: Marietta Graziella on March 16, 2009, 07:56:15 AM
I just discoverd that my cousin lives 45 minutes from Bristol so I might just have to make the trip this year.  Have been wanting to visit this much talked about village. 

Perhaps we'll have to sort out a MN invasion.

That would be awesome.  Please let me know what weekend (and hopefully, not July 18-19, because I'll be in NJ for a wedding!).
A real Surf Diva
Landshark who loves water
Chieftesse Surf'n Penny of Clan O'Siodhachain,
Irish Penny Brigade
Giver of Big Hugs 
Member since the beginning of RF
All will be well. St. Julian of Norwich

Lord Clisto of York

Quote from: Marietta Graziella on March 17, 2009, 03:40:54 PM

Sir Clisto, I've spoken to you at WIRF (Chippewa Falls) the last 2 years.  Apparently I'm quite forgettable.  :-\

Marietta Graziella,

I do apologize in that I see so many people each year and names are so bad with me. I feel like a fool. Please forgive my stupidity. If I saw a bigger pic of you I would probably remember. Send one to my e-mail addy. Faces I do but names not for a while. Really am sorry. At least I will be able to make it up to you if you are at Bristol when I am. I will buy you and ale, or whatever beverage you like.

Sir Clisto

Marietta Graziella

Quote from: sir clisto on March 17, 2009, 11:02:18 PM

Marietta Graziella,

I do apologize in that I see so many people each year and names are so bad with me. I feel like a fool. Please forgive my stupidity. If I saw a bigger pic of you I would probably remember. Send one to my e-mail addy. Faces I do but names not for a while. Really am sorry. At least I will be able to make it up to you if you are at Bristol when I am. I will buy you and ale, or whatever beverage you like.

Sir Clisto
No need for a de-hurtful retraction, Sir Clisto.  Reading your posts on this forum the past couple of years I know you are chivalrous and meant no insult with your comment.   My retort was more of a good natured "elbow to the ribs", if you will, since we have indeed already met and spoken on several occasions. 

I'll still take that ale, though.   ;) ;D

MG

Lord Clisto of York

Quote from: Marietta Graziella on March 19, 2009, 06:34:59 AM
Quote from: sir clisto on March 17, 2009, 11:02:18 PM

Marietta Graziella,

Sir Clisto
No need for a de-hurtful retraction, Sir Clisto.  Reading your posts on this forum the past couple of years I know you are chivalrous and meant no insult with your comment.   My retort was more of a good natured "elbow to the ribs", if you will, since we have indeed already met and spoken on several occasions. 

I'll still take that ale, though.   ;) ;D

MG

And I still offer it. Now...to bandage that rib... LOL

flidais

Yeah!!!!  We will be visiting Bristol this year.  Didn't make it out last year and can't wait to come out this year!!!!  But we have our campsite reserved and tickets purchased so it official!!! weeeeeeee!!!!   

Goody

Quote from: flidais on May 17, 2009, 09:28:37 AM
Yeah!!!!  We will be visiting Bristol this year.  Didn't make it out last year and can't wait to come out this year!!!!  But we have our campsite reserved and tickets purchased so it official!!! weeeeeeee!!!!   

Where do you camp?

flidais

Quote from: Goody on May 17, 2009, 05:00:47 PM

Where do you camp?

We camp at the Bong Rec Area.  We've stayed there in the past and have liked it.  Kinda a little drive, but the price is perfect, the showers are nice. 

Goody

Quote from: flidais on May 17, 2009, 08:43:09 PM
Quote from: Goody on May 17, 2009, 05:00:47 PM

Where do you camp?

We camp at the Bong Rec Area.  We've stayed there in the past and have liked it.  Kinda a little drive, but the price is perfect, the showers are nice. 

Have been curious about staying there but have been at Happy Acres last 3 yrs and like having pool etc. Maybe some yr I'll try something new. (Res are already made for this yr)