News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Prayers for my puppy-update--just found out she may have a brain tumor

Started by Lady Amy of York, May 14, 2008, 05:34:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lady Renee Buchanan

At church, during the prayers of the people, I entered Bonnie's name.  So our entire church prayed for her, too.  Glad she's doing so well after the surgery.
A real Surf Diva
Landshark who loves water
Chieftesse Surf'n Penny of Clan O'Siodhachain,
Irish Penny Brigade
Giver of Big Hugs 
Member since the beginning of RF
All will be well. St. Julian of Norwich

Tipsy Gypsy

Woo hoo! Now comes the challenge of keeping her confined and quiet until she heals.  :)

Wishing her well very soon!
"It's just water, officer, I swear. And yeast. And a little honey. How the alcohol got in, I have no idea!"

Tami MacLeod

I need a update here...
Hows everything going???
Hows our little girl?
She is now all of ours little girl lol
tami

Lady Amy of York

I have been meaning to post and update...not enough hours in the day lately ! :)
   The first week after the surgery she just layed around.  We literally had to carry her in and out, which was lots of fun.   The next week  she started limping a round on three weeks, but refused to go outside  to go to the bathroom. Unfortunately all the Exits out of my house involved going down  stairs or steps.  ( the one thing i would have change if i had built  the house  :) ). we had to bribe her to get her to go out.  Then  she started going down the steps, but would stumble  comming up them.  Down she can of hobbles on  three legs and drags  the one she had the surgery on.  She got her stitches out last week,a nd the vet said she should start using the bad leg, and  that she will check her again in a couple weeks.
  I think it must be healing and itching her. she licks at it like crazy.
        My husband says she looks like one of  the Teletubbies  from the children's  tv  shows, because she has no fur at all on her sides or  her belly. she looks like some one scalped her.    But  overall she seems to be doing better then before the surgery.  Atleast she does not have the heavy labored breathing that she had prior  to the surgery. Would scare both me and my husband  at night. We were not sure whether she  was going to make it some nights.   But she is a strong little  girl ! :) Not to mention smart too.   Me thinks she may be milky this  injury abit  , cause she will be limping around, but as soon as you go for any  food, she comes  running. :)
Lady Amy of York/CaptainAmy of FeistyLady pirateship
Cheiftess Feisty of Clan O' Doinn
HF:Sterling

laedyfaire

so gald to hear she is doing better. yup, sounds like she could be milking it a bit.

whenever I go near the fridge..my ancient collie all of a sudden comes out looking like a 2 yr. old! very funny.

LadyOren

Excellent to hear of her recovery!!  Best wishes to you and Bonnie!
When I'm gone look for me beneath your boots, for I have returned to the ground from which I came.   Walt Whitman

Lady Amy of York

renren

:-*
Awww.. givin' her kisses!
She's SO adorable!

Hey, she's our ren-dog! ;D
Renren
Wench  #  3783
Treasure Guardian and giggling interrogator of the "Feisty Lady"

Guppy # 32 ROoL

Lady Amy of York

yea, she really is  a cute dog and she has the sweetest personality of any dog i have ever owned  or  met !

Luciana

Ow ... hugs from me and Mr. Cooper. Mr. Cooper sends her doggie kisses and thinks she looks really good.
Luciana
Gypsy Fur Trader
Ette,Divine Oracle

My goal in life is to be as good of a person
as my dog thinks I am.

Lady Amy of York

UPDATE  NOV  26 2008.

the last couple  days  we noticed  Bonnie  falling  down  the  stairs.   Acting like  she  was  drunk.   He  fur  still has not  grown back  in  from her surgery earlier  this  year.    Her face is sunken in  abit on  one  side.       We took her  to the vet,  and  the  vet  think  she  may have  a brain  tumor.  The only way  to know  for  sure  is  to have  an MRI  done  on her.  But i guess all her symptoms     fit  that of  atumor. 
  i am numb inside  right  now.  She  was  doing  so  well, except  for  the fact that hair  was not growing  back  in.      This is  suppose  to be  the festive  holiday season, but i don't feel  very festive  right  now.       I feel like  i have  ben slapped in the face.  after all i went  thru  with my own illness, etc...  here evrything  was  finally looking  good  and  back  to normal    for  a change,  and  now  this.
   She is  such a good  dog.  she is  still young.  she  does not deserve  this.   She is  the  sweetest, good  natured  loving  dog.      I know  some  people have it much  worse  right  now, but  please  pray  fro  Bonnie.      My liitle boy is  so attached  to her.   I  don't  want  her  to die  and  ruin his  Christmas.   I  don't want her    to die  period, i should  say.
      Life  can be  so unfair  at times  !
                          Thankyou in advance.  peace and  love   to  you all.

Ferret

I have gone through this and during holidays too.

Your puppy, and family will be in my thoughts and prayers.
Ferret

renren

Renren
Wench  #  3783
Treasure Guardian and giggling interrogator of the "Feisty Lady"

Guppy # 32 ROoL

Amras Elfwine

A candle is lit, and white magic meditations are sent Bonnie's way. I lost my Frodo years ago, and understand...
R/F member since 2004
"They say that men who go warring afield look ever to the next hope of food and of drink." ~Tolkien

"Who are you callin' plushy??" ~ Todd the Squirrel

Lady Neysa

Goodness, you poor dear!  My heart goes out to you and your dog.  Try to give her as much love and comfort as you can during this difficult time.