News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Since no one else is here...

Started by maelstrom0370, May 14, 2008, 06:55:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

maelstrom0370

...I'll say it!

HUZZAH for the new Faire!!!
It actually happens during the "off season" for me and I shouldn't have any trouble attending!!!

Guinevere of Leonesse

I simply agree with you there. Huzzah for the new faire and hoping/fingers crossed my husband and I will be there with our new baby daughter. :)
The more you worry, the longer it will take.

max and kate

We are still planning to attend after our trip to MdRF and before ORF.
Brethren of the Great Lakes
Outlanders
Castleteers
Irish Penny Brigade
M'Cracks

Lady Gwyndolyn

DW and I are so excited about this faire...  we couldn't be happier at the location, time of year, and excitement that we have seen and heard.  It is going to be another beautiful month to share with our Ren family!!!  HUZZAH
Lady Gwyndolyn
Duchess of Kearsley

Black Armor

Are there any photos of the grounds yet?  I would be interested in seeing a few photos of where it is going to be.

King Henry Tudor

Quote from: Black Armor on June 13, 2008, 07:25:17 PM
Are there any photos of the grounds yet?  I would be interested in seeing a few photos of where it is going to be.

I know Lady Gwyndolyn was taking photos when we were working there last weekend.  She may have been there today as well and took more.  Perhaps she can post some of those soon??  What say you, M' Lady?

I will offer this description to wet your appetite....

A 12 acre field of Alfalfa next to the road for parking.  A large "wall" of forest stretches along the far edge of the field.  A single opening in this "wall" leads to the actual Festival grounds.  Upon entering you are plunged into a fairly dense forest with several winding paths to explore.

You now must wait for either photos to be posted or for October 11th to arrive so you can come and see it in person!

James Raley
King Henry VIII
Sovereign Monarch of England
Mid-Michigan Renaissance Festival
www.midmichiganrenfest.com
King Henry Tudor VIII
King of England and Wales

AnyuBoo

The Duke and I will try, work permitting, to come to MMRF at least once.  I'm hoping for the 18th.   ;D
When everything seems to be coming your way...
...you're in the wrong lane!

Black Armor

The next important question......will there be turkey legs?

robert of armstrong

Mmmmmm......Saucy turkey legs...... ;D
Always on the lookout for my next noble cause.

And because a flail don't need reloading, that's why.

Lady Gwyndolyn

I think they have someone that is going to be selling turkey legs....  I have never had one myself, but this year, I think I may have to try one!!!
Lady Gwyndolyn
Duchess of Kearsley

Lady Gwyndolyn

Quote from: Sir William Sargent on June 14, 2008, 11:48:40 PM
Quote from: Black Armor on June 13, 2008, 07:25:17 PM

I know Lady Gwyndolyn was taking photos when we were working there last weekend.  She may have been there today as well and took more.  Perhaps she can post some of those soon??  What say you, M' Lady?

Well, here are some of the photo's that I took...

The entrance

The court area

One of the lanes

A merchant booth area

The Fairie Field being cleaned up

down the lane

more pictures are at the mmrf my space.

Lady Gwyndolyn
Duchess of Kearsley

King Henry Tudor

Quote from: Lady Gwyndolyn on June 18, 2008, 06:12:18 PM
The court area

My Goode Lady Gwyndolyn,

Me thinks that rather large tree at center of thy portraiture need be moved several feet to its left.  Aye, that wouldst make a much improved background to accentuate Myne glory and make Court look somewhat better as well.  See to the details, m'Lady, and hath said tree moved within the fortnight.  Make it be so!  (zounds, that doth sounds familiar, what)

Thy Sovereign,

King Henry VIII
King Henry Tudor VIII
King of England and Wales

Black Armor

Anndwalynn

My Dearest Brother,
Thou commandeth well!

I am must certain that Duchess Gwendolyn that the preparations are indeed fit for such a wonderous King as thou.

Love you good Brother!
Margaret
Eyfeelya Lotts
MRF

Margaret Tudor (Sis to King Henry VIII)
Mid Mich Ren Fest

Queen Anndwalynn Bolyn
Mayfayfaire

Lady Gwyndolyn

Your most royal Magesty,

If the picture would have been taken at the center of the court, you would not see the tree.  However I will double check it's location to make sure that it will not be in thine way.

*chuckles*

Lady Gwyndolyn
Duchess of Kearsley

Poldugarian Warrior

Looks like a great piece of land for faire, especially the wooded shaded areas. These will help keep us cool especially when wearing leather and steel armor. And it gives a sense of mystery to what shop or show is around the next bend. Keep up the good work.

Lady Gwyndolyn

As many of our entertainers and merchants have come to check out the sight, they all seem to say the same thing, it is "enchanting".  As soon as you walk through the archway of trees you feel the weight of the world lifting off of your shoulders and you are transfered to an enchanted realm.  The feeling was there from the first day we set foot in the woods.  It is like it was waiting for a festival to be built on its grounds.  It was waiting for the transfermation.  And now we are making it!!!  It is definately a wonderous place for certain!!
Lady Gwyndolyn
Duchess of Kearsley

Captain Cornelius Howard Duckman

So I'm wondering, is there a storyline for the faire?

Guinevere of Leonesse

I think we've finally made our mind up to which day we shall be attending MMRF, it will be the 12th of October which is a Sunday. Have to work these things around everyone back home you know. :D
The more you worry, the longer it will take.