News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Central Texas Renaissance Faire

Started by Lady Rosaline, January 28, 2009, 10:21:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lady Rosaline

Any one know of this faire? I was thinking of making a trip up there this year for it. Have any of you all been to it or heard tale of it.
I'm the reason the rum is gone! (Unless Teach is near by!)

Queen Bonnie

They have a website up and I just heard it is going on - 3 weekends in Feb- 7&8th, 14&15th, and 21&22nd and one in June20&21. I plan to go for a few trips. I wish they would post about it on this forum.
It is in Lockheart at the old Excal Site.
Wingardium Leviosa!
Tis not the length of the staff- but the magick there in!

DonaCatalina

here's the website
http://www.centraltexasrenaissancefaire.com/
The GPS coordinates listed are: N 29°, 55.090' by W 97°, 30.190'
I don't see anything on Google Earth that looks like a ren faire though.
Aurum peccamenes multifariam texit
Marquesa de Trives
Portrait Goddess

Queen Bonnie

It is very small.  Also a very wooded area!
Wingardium Leviosa!

dbaldock

Quote from: DonaCatalina on January 28, 2009, 12:35:23 PM
here's the website
http://www.centraltexasrenaissancefaire.com/
The GPS coordinates listed are: N 29°, 55.090' by W 97°, 30.190'
I don't see anything on Google Earth that looks like a ren faire though.

Some of the structures are visible on Yahoo Maps (Broadband), since they've got a newer aerial photo than Google Maps.

See: http://maps.yahoo.com/broadband#mvt=h&lat=29.921218&lon=-97.498861&mag=1&zoom=18&trf=0

Take Care,
David Baldock
Great minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, small minds discuss people... -anonymous

Queen Bonnie

I plan to go for day trips. Anyone want to tag along? I am in Elgin- about 40 minute drive away.
Wingardium Leviosa!

Lady Rosaline

Thanks everyone!
Has anyone been? I know it's a newer fair, but does it have a faire feel to it? Or more of a Rennie gathering in a park? I'm just trying to get a feel for it. I saw Moon)Dawg's pics of it from last year (I guess). It looked like everyone was having fun but they didn't show too much of the grounds.

Queen Bonnie

It is a Faire!  Lord A and I went every day when it was Excalibur and it was great. I went once last year. I am hoping more vendors and performers will be there this year.
Wingardium Leviosa!

Martin Montgomery

And I am heading out the door Right ..............NOW!!!!! See you all there!!
Half the man I used to be!! 
Landshark#79      
Member of Culloden Moor

Queen Bonnie

How was it? I hope to get out there soon!
Wingardium Leviosa!

Martin Montgomery

"How was it?" It is a small faire and seems to be willing to work with anyone who enters the grounds. Of course there is a burn ban going so no campfires were allowed,all firepits had to be enclosed,mine is!! The winds were fierce all day!! Needless to say,the group around the firepit was varied but fun was had by all! I even got to play Zaubon's role (In a very small way!) and fed any and all who graced the camp. I brought sausages,tortillas potatoes onions and enough fixin's for the two days we stayed. I also took water and sodas,most of the water came home with me and the sodas were used as a "Mixing Agent" by the others in camp! So for the next two weekends,if you are anywhere near Dale,Texas and feel the urge to attend a small,family oriented faire, you're in luck!!!
PS Say "Hi" to Lady MOM from Martin Montgomery!!
Half the man I used to be!! 
Landshark#79      
Member of Culloden Moor

Lady Rosaline

Well, I really wanted to make a trip CTRF this year but if I'm going to be able to make Scarby I'll have to pass this time. Finances don't permit both right now. :'( The bonus that i had coming was much smaller than expected. I'll have to plan it out better for next year. Thanks to all who replied.

Macintyre

I think i'm going to check it out next weekend.

Queen Bonnie

I plan to go - unless my Valentines day plans are on Go! Who knows? 
Wingardium Leviosa!

Seryn

We'll be going this weekend, arriving Saturday and camping that night.  Very excited as Excal when it was onthat site was my first faire, so even being very small, it's sort of like "going home" to me.  I haven't the foggiest notion where we will be camping, but roam around till ya find us if you're camping out there - we'll have plenty of food and beverage I expect!  Or perhaps we will see you in faire :)
Seryn
Gndecent Gnomie
Master Baiter on the HSI
Seryn of Chaos