News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Central Texas Renaissance Faire

Started by Lady Rosaline, January 28, 2009, 10:21:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sonata

I'm going to try to make it out again this Saturday night/Sunday, last weekend was almost too much fun (assuming that there's any such thing). Wish I didn't have so much packing to do, I'd be out for the whole weekend!
Humans need fantasy to be human, to be the place where the fallen angel meets the rising ape. Terry Pratchett

Seryn

We're going to have s'mores, too!  Yay smores!
Seryn
Gndecent Gnomie
Master Baiter on the HSI
Seryn of Chaos

Sonata

Humans need fantasy to be human, to be the place where the fallen angel meets the rising ape. Terry Pratchett

Seryn

I think drool is appropriate in this case lol
Seryn
Gndecent Gnomie
Master Baiter on the HSI
Seryn of Chaos

Indigo

We had another great weekend at Central Texas Ren Faire. Got there Saturday morning right as the rain was clearing up, set up camp, garbed up, and went into the faire. It was just like being back home again. Of course, we headed straight for Amtgard for the jugging schedule. lol. Then to Renshirts for some good garb stuff. Then to Dark Cloud for raffle tickets. During their auction, Drake got some great armor at a really good price. Spent the day shopping, watching the entertainment, and hanging out with everyone. Saturday night was cold, but Tom had bought me an outside propane heater and the 20 gallon propane tank for it. We put curtains around three sides of the ez-up and it was toasty warm inside. Plus we had the fire from the holy grill outside the ez up. I got a wee bit tipsy because Sonata forced me to drink stuff on an empty stomach. lol. It was brutally cold in the little tent Saturday night. Next time I'll sleep in the ez up with the propane heater. We had a great time around the campfire of course, and we had Teiwaz and Rigor to entertain us (Amy, Lionel, Sammi, Drake, Sonata, Rick, Corvin, and me).

Sunday morning Jerry Garcia gave us a hilarious reinactment of a dance he'd done in front of his tent that morning (long story there. lol). Back into faire. Hung out, shopped, watched the parade and Crow get knighted. Waiting, waiting, then finally it was time for Amtgard's jugging tournament! Fantastic game! Mr Smiley (the skull they fight over) had his jaw broken off during the games. Amy, Sammi and Medea were given the parts, which I think they are going to turn into pendants. After the games, Warlock and the fighters presented me with the skull and said lots of nice things and greatly honored me. I was speechless, and still am. They are great friends. During the games, these guys/gals beat the crap out of each other and were dead tired, but they kept playing cause the audience was yelling for more. There were danes there who had never been to faire before, but plan on coming out for the next one now. Then it was more shopping, visiting, etc. I'd won a coupon from the Golden Dragon for a free Chili Special the week before, so they found me and told me they were almost sold out but were saving one for me. It was delicious! After that, it was sadly time to leave and for me to break camp. The rest of our camp spent Sunday night there cause they couldn't force themselves to leave.

The next CTRF will be in June for one weekend, June 21-22, so everyone show up, have a great time, and support this faire and the great people who are running it. And don't forget, Amtgard is having a jugging tournament March 20 at their Spring Wars.
Andi
Gnemesis Gnomie, DRNKNGNM#137
Captain Indigo of the High Ship Inebriation
Claw Member
Indigo of Chaos~Warlord of Azaroth
High Coop Brood Hen of C.O.C.T.

Seryn

What a fun, fun couple of weekends we had, and I think this was the best!  I loved being there, especially as Excal when it was at that site was my first faire, so it was very much like going home for me.  So much fun with my fairemily, seeing friends and making new friends!  Drake could not be more excited about his armor and is already anticipating the rest of it which should be here in a couple of months.  I cannot say enough how much I love the Dark Cloud guys and gals - they are a great bunch and really took care of us the past two weeks with much of our garbing!  And the Amptgard guys and gals - what a wonderful, fun, and kind group.  I love them so much - they give there all to entertain us and keep on going because we want to see more :)  Such great new friends there!

I had such fun and I can't wait for the June faire.  I hope more of you can make it out in June and support this wonderful faire :)
Seryn
Gndecent Gnomie
Master Baiter on the HSI
Seryn of Chaos

Queen Bonnie

My Evil Pirate Twin went out Sunday. Of course I let her drive the MeowMobile- but she always prefers to think she stole it! PIRATES!
The weather was perfect and the folks there are the best!
She enjoyed the chicken on a stick! Yummy! Those food vendors are fantastic!
She even made a fool of herself belly dancing!
Twas much fun! I plan to go again in June!
Huzzah for CTRF!
Wingardium Leviosa!
Tis not the length of the staff- but the magick there in!

Seryn

Seryn
Gndecent Gnomie
Master Baiter on the HSI
Seryn of Chaos

Sonata

Argh, can't access photobucket from work! I'll have to check it out when I get home tonight.

I wish there were a few more weekends! I had so much fun  :D

Seryn

Quote from: Sonata on February 24, 2009, 04:19:37 PM
Argh, can't access photobucket from work! I'll have to check it out when I get home tonight.

I wish there were a few more weekends! I had so much fun  :D

Yeah it was so much fun, I wish we could go again now.  And I know you definitely had a good time   ;D
Seryn
Gndecent Gnomie
Master Baiter on the HSI
Seryn of Chaos

Sonata

Sonata

Just checked the pics, very nice! I saved some, hope you don't mind :)

Seryn

Not at all :)  Glad you found some you like. Hehe.
Seryn
Gndecent Gnomie
Master Baiter on the HSI
Seryn of Chaos