News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

When is it busy/empty at the Festival?

Started by Methos, January 29, 2009, 01:51:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Methos

Apologies if this is one of those questions that is asked ten-thousand times, but I am new to these boards and couldn't find the answer.

Is opening weekend typically busier than average?

Many thanks.

-M.

Marcos Charron

Methos

First, WELCOME!

Second, most opening weekends depends on the weather and the traffic. If we keep going like we are?, opening weekend should be brisk. Good weather, OK gas prices, and a crappy economy will make most faire seekers want to spend their limited budget for entertainment close to home.

Bad weather?, makes the gate numbers come down a little, but not that much. If you want a slower day think about Presidents Day weekend and going that Monday, might be a good time to avoid the crowds.

Marcos
At the faire or in the wood shop, that's where I am!

Muffin

Quote from: Marcos Charron on January 29, 2009, 03:02:31 PM
If we keep going like we are?, opening weekend should be brisk.

Define Brisk.... Is that when your nostrils stick together when you breath in? Or your wet hair freezes in the car on the way to work? Or maybe its when your door locks are frozen shut on the car? No no... that would be here in MN....  :D

See you kids in two weeks!! I look forward to the brisk AZ weather!! hee hee!!
A Captains Wench

It's always Beer:30 here....

*sigh* So many kilts, so little time......

Ette

Marcos Charron

Muffin

I don't know what you are going on about.

It's going to be in the high 70's by the weekend.

For us brisk has to do with crowds and hearty tea.

Marcos

Muffin

Ooooooooooohhhhhhhh... Ok.. I get it...

Thought you meant... "cold"... hee hee!!  :D ;)
A Captains Wench

It's always Beer:30 here....

*sigh* So many kilts, so little time......

Ette

Zoë

Oh, 70 degrees....that sounds so marvelous right about now.  It was about 10 degrees here the other day. 
Capitaine Zoë D'Arcachon
Elizabeth Covington
Fritzie the Fairy

crazyrennie

Just to let you know
The monday of the Presidents Day weekend is normally one of the busiest days of the run-
CrazyRennie

looking forward to the Baebes on my stage

Julianne

Methinks this is going to be a warm season.....for everyone that's not an Arizonian...that will mean HOT for you.

If it does cool down in temperature it will only be because it's raining....which by all standards rain and Arizona...yeah...figure that.

The weather here during February and March can be most unpredictable....I will guarantee this though....it will be warmer then the rest of the continental U.S.   ;D
Oh...and I'm 99.9% sure that it won't snow here either....yeah double ;D

To answer the original question...it's not busy on Wednesday's.
;)

Zoë

We know hot up in Colorado during our season, but it being that warm in February is going to be very weird for me....

Actually, who am I kidding, we had a 70 degree day here in Denver about 2 weeks ago.  It's been a very unseasonably warm winter for us, with the exception of those few sub-zero weeks we get.
Capitaine Zoë D'Arcachon
Elizabeth Covington
Fritzie the Fairy

Marcos Charron

Geez,

Cold or Hot, cloudy or clear, faire is almost here.

I know where I will be!

Marcos

irregularjoe

In my experience at Faire, with one Presidents day brining in 26,000 people one year, 21,000 another and the line on the US60 being two hours plus of a wait, I would avoid that Monday or be there by 9:30.  The economy will most likely affect it a little but I would say the Saturday after Presidents day is a fairly slow one.  The first weekend has two for one coupons and Presidents day is a two for one day as well so that seems to draw a lot of people.  So once the first two weekends pass, most of the "some-timers" have gone and a lot of the "one-timers" have gone.  So the third Saturday seems to be a little less busy to me.  That's just my two cents.  And as been said above, a good rain runs a few out as well. :)

Marcos Charron

Joe

I think the economy and gas prices spell a good run for this year. I see more people doing things locally rather than going out of town, so I think we will see more mundanes this season, all season long.

Whatever day you go, be there before cannon, find the cool kids in the VIP parking lot, and plan for a great day.

Marcos

Julianne

Methos,

Just come and have fun.  We'll see you soon I hope.

Methos

Comte de Gilbert

when is cannon? cannon is at 10 am,   what is cannon?  they mark the opening of the gates each day by firing a cannon
Those that live by the sword, lose to those that live by the gun