News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Wild about Harry- Potter that is!

Started by Queen Bonnie, May 15, 2008, 02:38:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Queen Bonnie

Here is a place to post about our favorite boy Wizard and doings at Hogwarts.

The next movie comes out on Nov 21st!
The Robert Tonner Doll Company has wonderful Harry potter dolls and is coming out with a Severus Snape doll.  Can't wait to see it!
Wingardium Leviosa!
Tis not the length of the staff- but the magick there in!

Don Giovanni de' Medici

Vostro Majesty,

I happen to work for a theme park, that shall remain unnamed, in sooth in Florida that has some close ties to the Harry Potter series.  I am aware of a few things going on within the park that are readying it for the public.  I cannot disclose that which will jeopardize my person, but I can attempt answer some questions.
Sincero,

Don Giovanni de' Medici
Ambasciatore del Granducato della Toscana
"Dio conserva il Papa"

Queen Bonnie

OOH! How exciting! What fun! Where is this park? When will it open? What will you be doing? If you can answer- that is!
Wingardium Leviosa!

Charlotte Rowan

Ahh would this be the new Harry Potter theme park?? I'm *so* going there when it opens!

Here's a question for you, Vincente...
I heard on TV awhile ago that the park would not be employing look-alikes to play Harry and his friends at the park, but that people seeking to meet Harry and his friends "wouldn't be disappointed."

How will they do this?  :D ??? (Of course, as far as you can tell us!)
Masquerading as a normal person day after day is exhausting.

Don Giovanni de' Medici

Well at the moment I will not be heading over to that section of the park.  The press has released that the within Islands of Adventure's "Lost Continent" island some changes and add-ons are being made to create "The Wizarding World of Harry Potter".  I know that the renderings showed a small snow covered village beneath the visage of a very large Hogwart's Castle.  As for the entertainment it is all rumors as to who will and will not be found in the new island.  I am not sure why they would not have any of the main three though.
Sincero,

Don Giovanni de' Medici
Ambasciatore del Granducato della Toscana
"Dio conserva il Papa"

FaireMare

I so want to take my kids there.  ....... Yes.. the kids are my Reason... Yeah.. Yeah... thats the story.

Zoë

It's a tad far away for me but I'd love to make a trip there when it opens!  I heard about it some time ago.  Can't wait.

I also can't wait to see Jim Broadbent as Professor Slughorn in the next movie.  Should be great!
Capitaine Zoë D'Arcachon
Elizabeth Covington
Fritzie the Fairy

Elinor Hakebourne

I, too, am excited for the park :) I'm also glad that they're splitting up the last book into two movies--it'll give more room for detail and intensity! What does everyone think about "Deathly Hallows" becoming two movies?

Charlotte Rowan

Quote from: Elinor Hakebourne on May 18, 2008, 08:53:16 PM
I, too, am excited for the park :) I'm also glad that they're splitting up the last book into two movies--it'll give more room for detail and intensity! What does everyone think about "Deathly Hallows" becoming two movies?

I'm enthused! I wish they'd have done it for Order of the Phoenix too, though, that was  my favorite book and I really didn't think the film did it justice.
Masquerading as a normal person day after day is exhausting.

Elinor Hakebourne

Definitely :)

I would have liked them to have done that with Goblet of Fire *is sad they cut the Quidditch World Cup too short*

Queen Bonnie

More of Harry is always a good thing! I would rather see more movies than parts cut out. Poor house elves suffered in many movies.
Wingardium Leviosa!

Ginette

Quote from: Queen Bonnie on May 15, 2008, 02:38:58 PM
Here is a place to post about our favorite boy Wizard and doings at Hogwarts.

The next movie comes out on Nov 21st!
The Robert Tonner Doll Company has wonderful Harry potter dolls and is coming out with a Severus Snape doll.  Can't wait to see it!

My Queen, when the next Harry Potter movie comes out we'll go see it together.  Make a Harry Potter day of it!
Weddings & Events at Sherwood Forest Faire.
PR for life!

Elinor Hakebourne

QuotePoor house elves suffered in many movies.

I was sad they didn't have Winky in Goblet of Fire :( Winky rocks!

Dracconia

Does anyone know when the next movie is schoduled to come out?

PR ~Faire Daughter~
Shake-N-Bake

Zoë

It's something like November 21 or thereabouts.

Or in other words....TOO FAR AWAY!!
Capitaine Zoë D'Arcachon
Elizabeth Covington
Fritzie the Fairy