News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Wild about Harry- Potter that is!

Started by Queen Bonnie, May 15, 2008, 02:38:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CatAshtrophy

I think the ida of going to the theater in garb as a big group is a great one. It would be such a fun time. I hope it will be for the Celtic Christmas weekend too so more can go.

Queen Bonnie

The movie opens on Fri- Nov 21st!  It would be fun to go as a group.
Wingardium Leviosa!
Tis not the length of the staff- but the magick there in!

daylight

Cat, and Queen Bonnie if you can you need to dress up as a group you guys would love it ,it so much fun. As I said Me and my Daughters and grandkids get all dressed up and then My daughters sister in-law and her mother go, we all go to one persons house and fix garb and do make up and clothes. That1s fun in`s self.  We look so cute in our garb and we do have so much fun as we wait in line people come up to us and we get a chance to met others who are all dressed up and see what there take on the mivie is. We talk about the movie and Harry Potter books that we have read and how we think this will play out in the theaters. So even waiting in line is so much fun, We get our tickets in advance but there is always a wait to get in anyway, as so many others get advance tickets to. We talk take pic and laugh while we wait and the tv stations and radio stations are there  and you get a chance to talk to them about the movie and Harry Potter. Yes going all dressed up is fun try it with a group you will like it

Queen Bonnie

The only family I have is here! Rennies! 
My Evil Twin went to the Pirates of the Carribean movies with a huge group of pirates. I went last year to Harry Potter- in Wizard garb- not opening- but free popcorn and free tickets.
Tis fun!
Wingardium Leviosa!

daylight

Queen Bonnie go with your rennie friends and have fun If you lived close to me I would go with you. I think you are a neat lady and would be so much fun to hang with. ;D

Queen Bonnie

That is my plan! I have rennie friends in the Austin Area! Too bad the movie opening conflicts with TRF though. I usually go up on Fri night.
You sound like a fun person, Daylight- see you at TRF!
Wingardium Leviosa!

Zaubon

Queen Bonnie

Wingardium Leviosa!

Var Greyshadow

There's the Silverado IMAX a bit further south on 249 too.  Not as convenient maybe, but the movie has got to be awesome on IMAX. 
"All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost..." ~J.R.R. Tolkien "The Fellowship of the Ring"

Yrose

Quote from: Zaubon on July 30, 2008, 03:35:10 PM
Here are the two closest theatres to TRF:

http://movies.yahoo.com/showtimes/theater?id=8698&date=20080730
http://movies.yahoo.com/showtimes/theater?id=4144&date=20080730
The first is in Conroe.
The second is in Tomball.

The Grand in Conroe is alot like Tinseltown and is at the north end of Conroe. It would probably be 9.00 on a Friday. The Premire in Tomball is small, only 6 shows and at most 5.00. It's at the main intersection of 249 and 2920. The Silverado is also around 9.00 for the regular show, not sure about the Imax.

Don't forget to smell the roses, but watch out for the thorns!

Trillium

Something to think about though...IMAX theatres tend to not have really comfy seats.  They are meant for 15-30 minute movies.  
I know from experience...we saw one of the Star Wars on IMAX at Moody Gardens, I was starting to hurt half way through! :P
Got faerie dust?

Lord Figaro

The ImaX theater at the Minnesota zoo isn't like that at all. The seats there are pretty comfy. The ones at the higher rows right dead center are wide almost like a love seat. Way big for one person but to small for two normal sized people.  I missed seeing the last Harry Potter movie there, but a friend of mine went and said the last part of the movie was in 3-D, that would have been awesome to see that.
Those who do not remember their past are condemned to repeat their mistakes.

George Santayana

Queen Bonnie

I have never been to an IMax.
Today is JK Rowling's Birthday!  Huzzah!
Break out the firewhisky and butterbeer and pumpkin ale too!
Wingardium Leviosa!

daylight

Huzzah to JK rowlings Queen Bonnie lets lift our cup to her.

Queen Bonnie

This is a JK Rowlings day! Amazon just sent me an e-mail that her Tales of Beedle the Bard is available for pre order. The Standard edition is $7.97 The Collectors edition is $100! Guess which one I am Not getting- sigh.  Using all my Alchemy spells for TRF!
Also went to a concert last PM by Marc Gunn! Cedric also joined him. He has a new CD coming out- What is the color of Your Dragon- Has a Harry Potter song on it- as well as more Lord of the rings tunes and it sure made me smile!
  I drink a Toast To JK and Harry and Hogwarts! Huzzah!
Wingardium Leviosa!