News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Terry at the Harp, Thursday May 15

Started by mumsies, May 15, 2008, 03:51:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mumsies

Just a quick reminder, since we are all a little out of sorts with the new forum....
Terry is at the Harp tonite...8-12. Be nice to get together...maybe see some of you there!

Terry Griffith

Thanks, Mumsie for spreading the word and thanks to all who showed.  I was a great night even though the Pens lost.  Most places that I play have me only play on the period breaks and after the game.  Last night there were so many people who showed up just to hear the music that I played all evening and we just watched the game with the sound down. 

It was so good to see all my faire friends.  I'll be back at the Harp next month.  Keep an eye on my schedule here http://www.pittsburghirish.org/griffith/schedule/index.htm and we can all get together again.

Cheers,

"There's a unicorn that's hangin' in what's known as father's room......"

Lady Guinness

I can not believe I missed another show! The next time one is one a Friday or Saturday night I hope someone will please make sure I know. I am needing a Pittsburgh friend fix!! Hugs to all.

Terry Griffith

Lady G, you are most welcome at any time.  There are plans in the works for another Renstock soon and we will certainly keep you and the Scotsman well advised of the plans.  I also play other pubs in town almost every week and any time you can visit our area will be a reason for all to get together.

It seems we of Morlandshire feel the need to gather more often than other faire folk.  The bonds of friendship are strong here and we feel a kinship with all who wish to join us in merriment.  In fact, your visit would spawn an instant celebration so you don't have to wait until one of my shows.  Hope to see you soon.

Lady Guinness

Terry, Thank you for your sweet and kind words. I do feel very close to the Pittsburgh clan. If I could move my town closer to Pittsburgh I would in a heartbeat. Somehow the "group" has come to mean alot to me. I look forward to the next time I get to see everyone. I would love come to another Renstock, yes please let me know when it happens again and we will certainly be there! See you all soon. Hugs.

Professor M

Lady Guiness, I want to echo Terry's sentiment.  You don't need to wait for a special occasion to come to town.  Your presence makes it a special occasion.  I hope to see you both again soon.
"You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me."
~ C.S. Lewis

Lady Guinness

Thank you M, I do hope to be able to come up to your area soon, all of your are such great people. You guys make me feel at home.

Scotsman

Hey ... thats my wife!
You know, the road between you and us has two-way traffic ... we hope to see you guys down this way as well ... and as always, first round is on us ... okay, second round too!
Kilted Rogue #1411
Irish Penny BDE - Flattn'
Castleteer
Teer for life
RFC #56
Was that my inside voice?

Terry Griffith

Scotsman,

You never know where the road gigs will take me.  For instance, I'm at the Shannon Pub in Tonawanda, NY on October 9, 10 and 11.  That's not close to you but you never know when I'll pick up something in your area but I know some of us will be at MDRF after the PRF run.  We missed you last year so pints are owed from both of us.

You never know when I'll be knockin' on your door.