News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Norman Medieval Faire

Started by Castle Canine Creations, February 09, 2009, 03:30:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Castle Canine Creations

Being the third largest event in the state of Oklahoma makes it a cute little event for a Texan to attend. It is scheduled for April 3 - 5 this year, and we are going to be vendors for the first time. I wanted to make sure everyone knows to bring their dogs out to enjoy the faire and come and say hello. Does anyone have any good stories to tell about this faire? Thanks, and have a great day. Bill B.
Castle Canine Creations & Celtic Cords
Bill & Charlene
*Images and URLs not allowed in signature* - Admin

woodenjournals

We will be there also Ive been told to bring everything!!! you will sell out !! I really hope so. over 300,000 going through in 3 days WOW!!
WoodenJournals & More The StaggerStick store

Sir William Marcus

300 thousand in three days is some strong attendance. Might just have to add that to the do list!

Best of everything, and in leaving I'll leave a link for those inquiring more info..

http://www.medievalfair.org/
VENI, VIDI, VELCRO! Spelling and grammatical errors are beyond my control, it's the way I'm wired.

Rani Zemirah

Stop by our Gypsy camp and say hi! We'll be presenting "A Day in the Life of the Gypsies", with period craft demos and authentic Gypsy storytelling, poetry and song. It's a nice Faire, with lots of wonderful crafters and performers, so I hope we'll see you all there!
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede

woodenjournals

Quote from: Rani Zemirah on February 12, 2009, 10:52:43 PM
Stop by our Gypsy camp and say hi! We'll be presenting "A Day in the Life of the Gypsies", with period craft demos and authentic Gypsy storytelling, poetry and song. It's a nice Faire, with lots of wonderful crafters and performers, so I hope we'll see you all there!

Will there be any free time??
lol

Rani Zemirah

Well, not much, but there's always a moment or two to greet fellow R/Fers, and we will have the occasional break!
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede

Rani Zemirah

WOOHOO!!! Just spoke to the NMF Coordinator, and though we've had to cut down the space we wanted by a bit, our Gypsy camp will now be located in the main traffic area of the Faire!!! I'm so excited!!!
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede

Castle Canine Creations

That is awesome news, I look forward to meeting you, and if you have a puppy, make sure to get them dressed up for the occassion. Now, I need to see if we can get a pet costume contest this year. :P
Castle Canine Creations & Celtic Cords
Bill & Charlene
*Images and URLs not allowed in signature* - Admin

Rani Zemirah

I wish we had a puppy...   :'( 

I love your crafts, btw!!! They are all so cute, and a pet garb contest (and perhaps parade?) sounds like a really wonderful idea! Linda Linn could probably be talked into it fairly easily! She loves anything that will bring more attention and press to the Faire...
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede

Craigmeister

I'm not sure how you would categorize this story.  Last year at Norman, while waiting for The Twisted Blades' early afternoon performance, I was walking among the rows of vendors.  As I was trying to see what was being sold from tent to tent, I began to hear a hammered dulcimer.  The farther along I went the louder it got but I was nowhere near a stage.  I passed by a corner booth and saw someone playing a dulcimer inside a tent!  I was shocked to say the least but very pleased.  I love hammered dulcimers!

It was John Jacobs of Skyelark, up to his usual good work.  I had bought 1 of their cd's about 5 years ago.  What an ingenious idea they had of playing out of a vendor tent!  They could set their own playing schedule, not be worried about being drowned out by another band and had their stock of cd's handy to sell.  Of course I bought another cd, discussed their upcoming tour dates and enjoyed the music.

If you're at the Norman Medieval Faire this year and hear loud strains from a hammered dulcimer in the vendor rows, check out Skyelark.  They rock!
Providing faire information for over 10 years (updated monthly).  Visit www.meistersrealm.com to find all the Renaissance & Celtic-type Festivals in North America.  There's much more to see and do in 'The Realm' as well.

woodenjournals

getting close Excited can't wait!!!!

Rani Zemirah

Got my waiver of liability today, and a whole box of brochures to distribute for Faire... and will be getting the space number and map location in a few days! Need to get out to the site in a couple of weeks to figure out the layout for the camp!

I am also getting excited, especially since I'll have new garb for Faire!!!
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede

RenShirts

RenShirts will be there with new garb.  Found a log cabin East of the grounds to stay out.  Hope we get the same spot as last year - it was good.
www.RenShirts.com

woodenjournals

I am getting excited !!! almost time.

RenShirts

What will woodenjournal bring to Norman?  Wish you had a picture up at RF.  We will be in booth #6 by the front gate.