News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Smoking in F of F areas

Started by Berit, February 13, 2009, 10:41:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

*Teach*

*Got more Rum?* "Here, Try This!"
http://forums.wearephoenixrisen.com

CassandraR

You want to hear a little secret...

but don't freak out or anything...

I've only had rum once!
Loved by the gods
Cursed by the gods
Entangler of men
Confuser of men
It's always a good day to be Cassandra

Ryk Rakham

I, like Queen B and others, am allergic to smoke. My vote would be to make one of the areas non-smoking and one smoking. That may be too simple to enact as usually something needs to be complicated and discussed in detail, voted upon, rebelled upon and....
I did notice some mundanes smoking at some of the shows (in the middle of the seating, not near the edges) where smoking is banned. There are inconsiderate smokers, and inconsiderate non-smokers (one large lady who sat in front of us at Dr. Kaboom farted like thunder the entire show) so this will likely continue.
I appreciate most smokers in that they do try to be considerate of those of us who need to avoid smoke. I don't want to infringe on anyone's rights, the right to smoke or the right to breathe fresh, clean air...a debate which will continue as long as fire exists.
One non-smoking, one smoking. Too easy.
Ryk Rakham, scourge of the Red River
Rhyk Dragonfang

Jezz the Belle, scourge of the scourge
Lady Sherry

*Teach*

Quote from: CassandraR on April 13, 2009, 11:41:14 PM
You want to hear a little secret...

but don't freak out or anything...

I've only had rum once!
We'll have to fix that... a lot

*Rum... It's what's for breakfast!*
*Got more Rum?* "Here, Try This!"
http://forums.wearephoenixrisen.com

DonaCatalina

The FOF areas weren't all that full this past weekend, especially the one next to the Dirty Duck. So smoke didn't seem to be an issue. The smokers seem to have preferred the FOF booth near the coin stamper.
I did notice a big increase in smoking at the shows. And try as I might, I saw not one 'no smoking' sign.
They must be pretty obscure.
Aurum peccamenes multifariam texit
Marquesa de Trives
Portrait Goddess

lilaney

I know that they have a no smoking sign over at the Rose and Crown.
( I watched the site crew post it)
Not sure about the other signs.
DonaCatalina is right, the Duck FOF is where it is almost deserted.

Queen Bonnie

I know they had No Smoking signs at the stages for the 2 years before this! I had to point them out to a few smokers. The shows are not pleasant for non smokers. I hope the No smoking signs return. No way I can sit through a show surrounded by smokers.
Wingardium Leviosa!
Tis not the length of the staff- but the magick there in!

Carl Heinz

The RPFS FOF Garden has a specific smoking area that's separate from the rest.  Helps restrict the spread of the smoke.
Carl Heinz
Guild of St Cuthbert