News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

prayers,hope,faith.....

Started by Lady Amy of York, February 18, 2009, 06:05:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

white trillium

Also glad to hear that you are pushing for  second and third opinions.

You are your own best advocate.  Like Rani says, keep pushing til you get an answer.

Everything starts as somebody's daydream. ~Larry Niven

Count Adolfo

keep your chin up... don't let them bring you down... stay positive

Lady_Glorianna

Though it seems like we arte not the lucky ones in terms of doctors, it is up to us to keep fighting. Don't give up until you get an answer.
Lady Elizabeth Poyntz
Ynez de Leon
Catherine of Austria, Queen consort of Portugal
Molly Blair

RenRobin

Loki-terr (in training)

Lady Amy of York

thanks everyone !  I  called  the neurologist office  today and  the  lady i spoke  to said  she  would  put a cd  in the  mail tomorrow  with the  MRI  pictures  on  it,
I  told  her I  also wanted  the  reports,  she said  that was  a seoerate  office  that handled  that and  gave  me  the  number  for  it.  So i called  and  the   woman  said  i had  to send  them a special request letter , and  went on to tell me  what  to say  in the letter, and  then when they recive  the letter  , they will release  the  reports.
  On brother! But i guess they have  to be  careful. I guess anyone  could  call up claiming to  be  me  and  ask  for  my reports.
   So anyway, hopefully it  wont take  too long to get them  and  then i will take  it  from there.
In meantime, i am trying to take  it  easy  , casue  they ain't much i can  do  with  my back. Fustrating, when i think of  how  much  i want  to get done  around  here, but it can wait  for  now.
    So i continue  to keep  my chin up, but will  be  glad  when i finally  get  some  answers  and  get back on  my feet again.  Hopefully  this  time  for  good ! :)
Lady Amy of York/CaptainAmy of FeistyLady pirateship
Cheiftess Feisty of Clan O' Doinn
HF:Sterling

lordwriothsley

Amy as always you remain in my thoughts and prayers.
Irish Penny Brigade
IBRSC# 1584
Part Time Noble
Full Time Rogue
Overall Ren Geek
Man of many names
"Did I say that"

Lady Amy of York

just  a quick update. 

I'm hanging in there.  I'm  still getting  numbness  and  tingling  in  my face,  hands  and  feet, but  i'm not  letting it get the  best  of  me.

Still have  pian  in my  back.  But i  can  sit up in bed or  a chair  better  then i was  able  too.Atleast  to some  degree. I  do  alot  of  gritting  and  bearing of   my  teeth, that plus i have  a pretty  high  pain  tolerance  level, which  could  be   good  or  bad  ! :)

i have   even managed    to get up and  walk around  for  a bit  around  the  house.   yea  !
I can  only  do it  for  short  intervals  though,   like  only a couple  of  minutes,  cause then  the   pain starts  to get  to  me   and  i get  shakey.

But it beats  laying  around  all  the  time.

I  got  the  MRI  films  back.  Unlike     some of  my other MRI's   these  were hard  for  me  to  interpret.   I  am  waiting  for  a copy  of  the  written  report.

So that is  the latest  here.

taking it one  day  at  a  time.  thinking  postitive, keeping  the  faith  and  counting  my  blessings.

lordwriothsley

Amy hang in there girl and know that we are all pulling for you on here.

Hugs and love to you. Keep us posted on how you are doing hon.
Irish Penny Brigade
IBRSC# 1584
Part Time Noble
Full Time Rogue
Overall Ren Geek
Man of many names
"Did I say that"

Lady Amy of York

Thinks  Lord  W.   
  I actually managed  to get up today  and  walk  about  some  more.    matter of  fact  right  now i am siiting in a chair at  my  computer desk.     First  time  in days.   Yea  !

I  do notice  though  that  when i am  sitting  up, or  standing up  that  it  brings  on  the  numbness  and  tremors  more.     Ugh  !   But  i  could  not  continue  to  lie  around    in bed.  For  one  i  don't want  my  muscles   to  go weak  on me, a nd  two i was  going  stir  crazy  !

But i am  hanging in there  and  thinking optimistic.  waiting  for  the  written  reports   of  the MRI  and  then i will decide  where to  go  from there.

Right  now  i am  focusing on enjoying  the   Easter  week  with   my  son  !  although  if  i looked out  my  window  it  looks  more  like  winter  then  spring.  Snowing  like  crazy  here  !

If i  don't post  again before  this  weekend...Have  a happy Easter everyone  ! :)

lordwriothsley

Amy the main thing right now is that you are getting better which I'm glad to hear. Don't overdo it though.

Please let us know when the written reports you are waiting for do come in. Hugs and love to you.
Irish Penny Brigade
IBRSC# 1584
Part Time Noble
Full Time Rogue
Overall Ren Geek
Man of many names
"Did I say that"

Rani Zemirah

Amy, I'm praying daily for you to start healing, and for your pain to ease. Take care of yourself, dear, and enjoy the holiday!!
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede

Lady Amy of York

Thanks Lord W  and  Rani  !

Mentally  and  emotionally   i am  doing   alot better. I'm not  so  fustrated  over  all of  this  happening  again. Well,  yea  i guess i am  still fustrated, but  i am  thinking  more  optimistic. I mean, it was  abig  blow  to me  when  this  all first started again, but i am   thinking  positive, and  optismtically,  and      putting  my  trust  in  the  Lord  above.

Physically, i have  a ways  to go yet, but yes, i  will take  any  little   approvement/ progress i  can  get.

shall see what  the  reports  have  to say  when  i get  them, but  i  am  also  focusing  on  trying  to heal  myself   thru   diet,  proper  nurition,    healthy  vitamins   and  supplements,   healthy  herbs,  and  exercise.  I  am a  strong  beliver  in alternative  medicine, as  long as  you do  your  research  and know  what is  safe  and  what is  not.

lordwriothsley

Amy I believe in my heart that your time for healing is coming. I believe that it's on it's way right now why cause I claim it and I am putting my faith in the Good Lord above that it is on it's way. You are such an amazing and strong woman and have been such an inspiration to a lot of us on here so don't give up cause as always we are all pulling for you cause that's what fairemily is for you know.

You remain in my thoughts and prayers as always. Hugs and love to you lass.
Irish Penny Brigade
IBRSC# 1584
Part Time Noble
Full Time Rogue
Overall Ren Geek
Man of many names
"Did I say that"

Lady Amy of York

Quote from: lordwriothsley on April 10, 2009, 06:39:34 AM
Amy I believe in my heart that your time for healing is coming. I believe that it's on it's way right now why cause I claim it and I am putting my faith in the Good Lord above that it is on it's way. You are such an amazing and strong woman and have been such an inspiration to a lot of us on here so don't give up cause as always we are all pulling for you cause that's what fairemily is for you know.

You remain in my thoughts and prayers as always. Hugs and love to you lass.

Thanks  Lord  W.  Thanks  for  those  wonderful  kind  words.  Yes, i  do believe  that my  days  of healing  are around  the  corner.     I had  good  day  yesterday, and  so far  today is  going pretty good.  yea  !

Plus  i  received  a beautiful  present  from  my  mom and  dad  today that  brought  tears  to  my eyes  and  touched  my heart  deeply. .  They  are having  a  weeks  worth  of   Easter   novenas   being  said  for  me   by  the    Franciscan monks  .     So  i know  I  am in  good  hands  !

lordwriothsley

That is such wonderful news Amy. I'm so glad to hear that. Happy Easter to you, Tim, and your son.
Irish Penny Brigade
IBRSC# 1584
Part Time Noble
Full Time Rogue
Overall Ren Geek
Man of many names
"Did I say that"