News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

2009 Season performers

Started by DonaCatalina, February 23, 2009, 02:24:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SirRichardBear

Hey they've renamed the Scot's cottage the village armoury that just not right. 

And HEY! Nunnie Nunnie will only be there half the season.
Beware of him that is slow to anger: He is angry for something, and will not be pleased for nothing.
Benjamin Franklin

Miranda

Quote from: LadyElizabeth on March 10, 2009, 03:31:13 PM
I did not hear about that.  I would love to attend something like that.  I've read a million books at this point on the era and so I do know tons, but learning more is always well worth the effort!

I'm always looking for a good book.  Which are your favorites?
Lady Margaret Howard -The Order of St. Thomas More.

Ryk Rakham

Quote from: SirRichardBear on March 10, 2009, 11:17:06 PM

And HEY! Nunnie Nunnie will only be there half the season.

I saw that, won't be the same with out those "fun" ladies. I saw where a few others are only there part of the season.

Ryk Rakham, scourge of the Red River
Rhyk Dragonfang

Jezz the Belle, scourge of the scourge
Lady Sherry

captmarga

It's actually been the Armoury for a while.  And as a reminder to everyone, PLEASE refrain from smoking around this building!!!  That's one reason there is a fence around it.  (If you want opening, noon and closing cannon, there has to be storage somewhere... hint, hint...)

It's not made public knowledge, so don't go yelling it from the treetops, but please ask fellows you might see or know not to smoke there, and to put out butts in appropriate areas...

Quote from: SirRichardBear on March 10, 2009, 11:17:06 PM

Thanks,

Capt. Marga
Corp Capt Marga, Dame Den Mother, Scarborough Royal Guard.  Keeper of the Costume Closet.  Artist, Rennie, Etc, etc, etc

DonaCatalina

You know, it looks like I could almost spend my whole day going back and forth between the Hightower Square
and the White Horse.
Aurum peccamenes multifariam texit
Marquesa de Trives
Portrait Goddess

LadyElizabeth

Here are a few of the recent books I've read that I like:  The First Elizabeth by Erickson was very long and in depth and seemed to be extremely accurate.  I just finished another book Elizabeth I, CEO : Strategic Lessons from the Leader Who Built an Empire by Axelrod which is very interesting.  It's all about Elizabeth as a leader and how to follow her example as a modern leader, there is a ton of history in it too! Children of Henry 8th by Allison Weir is also excellent, though it has none of Elizabeth's reign in it.
Queen Elizabeth the 1st
Champagne the Bubbly
Bubbles the Fairy
Frost the Arctic Barbarian
Red the pirate

CassandraR

Looked up the daily schedule...got to plan the day out- get in as much as possible to show my faire virgin sister...
well, broke out the pink highlighter, started highilghting everything I want her to see...screw that- the whole page is pink now!
Ugh...must come up with better planning method.

Only good thing is that we will be there a full weekend, so what we don't hit the sat, we will get to make on sunday. 

I've never been to any of the pubs- and since my friend owes me a few drinks due to lost bets...I shall be adding those to the long list.
Does anyone have a preffered pub show? 

Loved by the gods
Cursed by the gods
Entangler of men
Confuser of men
It's always a good day to be Cassandra

SirRichardBear

My two favorites are the White Horse in the crown meadow and the Alehouse/LadyHawk in the Peacan Grove.  LadyHawk would be good choice since you could kill two birds with one stone.  Collect on your bets and keep your sister red listening to  Iris and Rose songs and Christophe doing insults.

Oh the picture on your profile was it taken at Four Winds?
Beware of him that is slow to anger: He is angry for something, and will not be pleased for nothing.
Benjamin Franklin

CassandraR

Thank you for the info Bear.  I have that noted down!

Yup :) That picture was taken at Four Winds.  I met you that weekend.  I had my girls with me that day, but they won't be with me the weekend I bring my sister. 
Yes, Iris and Rose are already highlighted!  I have never seen Christophe, so I am looking forward to that. 
Loved by the gods
Cursed by the gods
Entangler of men
Confuser of men

julessweetie

Quote from: CassandraR on March 20, 2009, 02:28:31 PM
Thank you for the info Bear.  I have that noted down!

Yup :) That picture was taken at Four Winds.  I met you that weekend.  I had my girls with me that day, but they won't be with me the weekend I bring my sister. 
Yes, Iris and Rose are already highlighted!  I have never seen Christophe, so I am looking forward to that. 

Keep in mind...Christophe will not be there Opening   :'( :(  ;)

Zaubon

I guess you're going to have to make the trip for at least one more weekend so you can see him then.

julessweetie

Quote from: Zaubon on March 20, 2009, 11:09:15 PM
I guess you're going to have to make the trip for at least one more weekend so you can see him then.

I like the way you think!  I haven't even gotten to opening weekend yet, and I am already planning my return trip!  lol! ;)

CassandraR

Julessweetie-  I hear you on that...I am looking at my calandar trying to decide what all days I can make it out.
Unfortunately this year I said I would help direct children's theater- not realizing that it eats up my weekends.  Next year- I say screw the theater and on with the faire!
Maybe one year I will have a free enough schedule to be a FOF.
Loved by the gods
Cursed by the gods
Entangler of men
Confuser of men

Tukaram

Quote from: CassandraR on March 20, 2009, 12:15:24 PM

I've never been to any of the pubs- and since my friend owes me a few drinks due to lost bets...I shall be adding those to the long list.
Does anyone have a preffered pub show? 

My favorite pub show has always been Jim Hancock at the Kings Pub.  Although the bungee jumping monstrosity and the screaming parents it attracts has almost ruined the pub!

DonaCatalina

Quote from: Tukaram on March 28, 2009, 12:04:06 AM

My favorite pub show has always been Jim Hancock at the Kings Pub.  Although the bungee jumping monstrosity and the screaming parents it attracts has almost ruined the pub!
[/quote]

Amen Brother!
Another reason we've drifted towards the White Horse.
Aurum peccamenes multifariam texit
Marquesa de Trives
Portrait Goddess