News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Movie Filming at BARF

Started by Celtic_Fae, February 26, 2009, 09:52:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Libby Stella

One thing to remember also is that MIRF is like the big sister of BARF, the office up there has a big hand in what we do here (from my understanding that is, think about the webpage and how it said michigan...). This is the second unit, they are just filming little extra bits for the movie. So, the Real movie has been wrapped up but the editing has not, and part of editing is getting extra footage!

Well that's my two cents :)
If your coming this weekend look for the green faery with the lilypad on her head running around with the other faeries resenting the film crew  :)
So if you've never been frog kissing
Then you don't know what you've been missin'
~Frog Kissin' - Brobdingnagian Bards

Seamus Ex Machina

Sweet!    >:(

There go our dreams of instant Hollywierd fame and fortune.... :D
Legendary Hellraiser

Mmketeer

Quote from: Seamus Ex Machina on March 05, 2009, 09:03:31 PM

Says who Seamus? I bet with the size of your gun you could get famous. LOL!

humm, okay I guess that could be taken the wrong way....that's not what I meant. It's just that the picture of your gun on your shoulder takes up almost all of your picture.
Mmketeer

Squire Mickey

Quote from: Mmketeer on March 06, 2009, 10:14:38 AM

humm, okay I guess that could be taken the wrong way....that's not what I meant. It's just that the picture of your gun on your shoulder takes up almost all of your picture.

Uh huh, as the Bard says, "Me thinks the Lady doth protest too much..."
Mickey Flint, Esquire
First Mate, The Harbinger
Landshark #107
IFRP #1473
Clan M'Crack P.E.T.
Captain, Ithilean Ran

Caligo

So Mm, checking out Seamus' gun now huh?

Seamus Ex Machina

Quote from: Mmketeer on March 06, 2009, 10:14:38 AM

Remember, the camera adds 10 pounds......... ;D
Legendary Hellraiser

Mmketeer

LOL! What can I say... I might wear glasses, but I can still see.  ::)

PS
   Good one Seamus, I'm still giggling. LOL!
Mmketeer

Lairde Guardn

Well a press release from the movie itself said that Anne Margaret would not be at the filming this weekend......

She may be old, but then again So am I......but alas we will not meet again....
Lairde Guard'n
Lairde Highe Chieftain Emeritus
Irish Penny Brigade
Rogue, Teer, Otter
Landshark, Bard, DG, RFC
15.8% FaireFolk pure, 84.2% FaireFolk corrupt

Count Adolfo

ok... having conversed at some length with the 'film crew'...
I'm afraid there's an agenda here.

They seemed very interested in getting the WORST of us on film.  No, the film's not 'wrapped up' at all... not if they can get significant footage of folks who can't differentiate reality from fantasy.
Think... Mockumentary

It didn't take long talking to them to realize this, either.  The conversation started out with them wanting to get a Roguing on film and suddenly that took a backseat to questions about getting whackjobs and lunatics in action.
Sorry, no... this isn't a good deal for any of us in the community.

Seamus Ex Machina

I didn't see them this past weekend.  Not that I was looking for them; keeping the McCracks occupied was a full time job.  But I suspect they got all they needed the weekend before, if indeed the cameras were running.....no, this is not what they represented themselves to be.
Legendary Hellraiser

Caligo

Jon Foster

I just stumbled onto this thread. The production company did a great job of getting people pissed at MIRF when they were there....

I was one of the people "picked" out of the crowd to go a couple of rounds with security because I had a camera.

Jon.

Lady Renee Buchanan

Quote from: Caligo on March 28, 2009, 08:00:36 AM
I hope it turns out better than this:

http://allsfaire.tv/

I thought this was hysterical.  I laughed so hard.  What a great spoof!
A real Surf Diva
Landshark who loves water
Chieftesse Surf'n Penny of Clan O'Siodhachain,
Irish Penny Brigade
Giver of Big Hugs 
Member since the beginning of RF
All will be well. St. Julian of Norwich

Sybella Elisabeta Von Habsburg, Archduchess of Austria

I thought it was odd that I managed to find pix from the actual cast-level of shooting out at MIRF from All's Faire.  I posted the link but I'm very curious as to how the person got the photos in the first place, given the level of gestapo control that happened over the season.  People got cameras confiscated, etc from what I've heard.  This is so unfortunate!

Quote from: Jon Foster on March 28, 2009, 02:31:55 PM
I just stumbled onto this thread. The production company did a great job of getting people pissed at MIRF when they were there....

I was one of the people "picked" out of the crowd to go a couple of rounds with security because I had a camera.

Jon.

Sir Martin

Quote from: fairetraveller on March 28, 2009, 09:15:58 PM
I thought it was odd that I managed to find pix from the actual cast-level of shooting out at MIRF from All's Faire.  I posted the link but I'm very curious as to how the person got the photos in the first place, given the level of gestapo control that happened over the season.  People got cameras confiscated, etc from what I've heard.  This is so unfortunate!

I've never been to MiRF ... so it is owned by the same person/persons/group etc., that owns BARF?  Why would patrons there get their cameras confiscated?  If photography were not permitted, shouldn't it be stated on tickets, at the gate, on the web site etc?  Sounds rather bizarre, IMHO.   ???