News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

The Old Wisconsin Renaissance Faire News

Started by Lord Clisto of York, March 16, 2009, 04:22:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lord Clisto of York

Good day my friends,

I have a quick announcement which I would like to post. As you are now all aware, the Upper Wisconsin Renaissance Faire was canceled for the 2009 season this year. This has not changed. But, it will be returning in 2010, with many new changes for the better, starting with a new location and easier to get to. Much is still in the planning stages at the moment, so I am not at liberty to go into other specifics at this time. But, I wanted to get this out here to shed some new light to all the rennies who have attended in the past, those who have been looking forward to this faire, and everyone else who wants to never see a faire wither away. This will continue to be a place to enjoy your hobby. What I have been told so far is very exciting and I look forward to sharing it all with everyone soon. Thanks to all of you who have prayed and sent your wonderful comments about this issue before. They have gone LOUDLY noticed. I will keep everyone posted as things become available, but for now, its a BIG HUZZAH and keep looking here for more information.

Respectfully,

Lord Sir Clisto of York  
Invictus Maneo - I Remain Unvanquished

groomporter

"Upper"? Wisconsin Renaissance Faire?

-Just wanted to be sure you're talking about the one near Chippewa Falls. I just never heard it referred to as the "Upper" Wisconsin Renaissance Faire.
When you die can you donate your body to pseudo-science?

Toarmod

Tis grand news indeed.

New home? Hmm, be a shame if the buildings can't salvaged. 

DeadBishop

Problem with land ownership perhaps?  At the moment I can't think of any other reason to move after putting so much time and energy over a short period of time.  Hoping for the best...

R/F.com member since 2003

Lord Clisto of York

1) Sorry Groomtrooper, yes, it is officially the "Wisconsin Ren Faire" in Chippewa falls.  We have been calling it the "Upper", so as not to be confused with the Bristol faire which many people have done.

2) I can say this to the second concern on the buildings, that there is something going on with the buildings to the new area as well. After all they are new.

3) DB has part of it in the land issue.

I really cant go into more then this now, but it is going to all work out in the end. I am just excited at being part in making this happen and in better circumstances all around. So, once again keep a watch on here for more info.

Lord Sir Clisto of York

Lord Figaro

That's great news to hear. I know it would have been a major bummer after what looked like it was going to grow into something that had such wonderful potential. Mayhap we hope it could be bigger and better than before. Onward to the future and I hope all gets worked out well in advance.
Those who do not remember their past are condemned to repeat their mistakes.

George Santayana

Lord Clisto of York

I agree on that. Can only look ahead and see what happens. But, we do have other vendors now wanting to move their buildings.

white trillium

Very excited to see/hear what is in store for 2009. 

Thanks for keeping us posted!
Everything starts as somebody's daydream. ~Larry Niven

Lord Clisto of York

You are most welcome. I should have more news soon. I sooo miss this place as it is medieval and that is my period specialty and there aren't many of them.

Lord Sir Clisto of York
www.sirclisto.com

Jezzy MacPeaks

Although, I've not been to this faire, I've heard  people speak of it kindly.  It is good to know it will continue next year.  Who knows, I might make it up that way, afterall.
Pyrate Queen
Costumer, Extraordinaire
Hook'n of Clan M'Crack
Have Blunderbuss, Will Plunder

Lord Clisto of York

Would def. like to have you there with us.

Noble Dreg

Oh happy dance!

"Why a spoon cousin? Why not an axe?"
Because it's dull you twit, it'll hurt more. Now SEW, and keep the stitches small

Pizpor

Wait.... moving..... ?  Do I need to find a new rock to sleep on??

I have a hard enough time finding the current place. (But that's probably just me.)

Is it within staggering distance from the old place????

Cuthbert and I need to know if there will be mead.

I know - too many questions - but I'm starting to sober up with no definite plans for June...

Lord Clisto of York

Pizpor, I sent you a PM. Send me your phone number off line and I will call you.

Pizpor

Did you get my message? I can't tell if the outbound message thing is working.
I don't want to keep spamming your inbox if it is working, but I just can't tell. Call me at your convenience.