News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

The end of BSG (Warning: Spoilers!!)

Started by Charlotte Rowan, March 23, 2009, 08:26:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ozium

Maybe Starbuck turned into one of the orbs that was in the original
series, war of the gods that was attacking Count Iblis.

I was left kind of confused and wanting, but Sci Fi has a habit
of doing that when they kill off a show. Leave to many things
un explained for my head.
Home Faire:Sterling
Clan O'Doinn-Irish Penny Brigade (New York)
Carpenter of the good ship Medusa.
Foktop Knight
Clan Vogdis

brier patch charlie

Well, this only goes to prove that Ron L. Hubbard was right, we do come from the star's, hints the half child found.
I myself, I liked it and the very end with number 6 and Baltar talking about how history was repeating it's self was great. I do feel they could have done somethings better, but unlike the BSG TOS there not still looking for a place called earth. Did anybody notice the TOS sound track when they landed on earth?
Charles Coleman

Just Randall

I thought the ending was frakkin' depressing. Half (or at least it seems like) the major characters died, or went "poof".

And I'm sorry, but you're not going to walk off a spacecraft with just the clothes on your back and expect to survive.
You need at least rudimentary hand tools, cooking utensils, medical supplies, etc. Honestly, if something catastrophic happened in OUR society, and we lost all electrical power and the basic infrastructure of modern life, how many people living in cities would survive? (Me and mine, of course, would be just fine, as I grew up in the country, and still live there, and can hunt, fish, grow crops, and preserve foodstuffs.)
Mediocrity is the refuge of the unimaginative...

Noble Dreg

Quote from: brier patch charlie on March 23, 2009, 10:53:08 PM
...Did anybody notice the TOS sound track when they landed on earth?

Yeah, I thought that was pretty cool.

Got the week off to watch the kids over spring break...think I'll "escape" by watching the old series.  I liked the new "skin jobs", special place in my heart for Six, but the old "Socialator" wasn't too bad either!
"Why a spoon cousin? Why not an axe?"
Because it's dull you twit, it'll hurt more. Now SEW, and keep the stitches small

Zardoz

Wow some of you guys are hard to please!

As a faithful viewer of BSG from day one, I was quite pleased with the finale.  In my book one of the things BSG always had going for it as a TV series was that it was envisioned with an end.  So yes, while the story and characters evolved as it progressed, it still progressed to an end, instead of getting canned for no apparent reason like Farscape, or dragging on maybe too long like SG1 . (although I liked SG1 right to the end)

Maybe it takes a agnostic like me to notice, but BSG always had a lot of religious overtones with some characters starting as 'true believers' and losing faith, and some vice versa, the monotheism of the Cylons and pantheistic humans etc..

Starbuck's destiny, faith, trials, visions, death, and re-appearance are all quasi-religious themes that are brought forth by the Cylon Leoben in the first season and end with the revelation that she was the "Bright Angel" that Leoben said he saw her as. 

"All this has happened before, and all of it will happen again."
Great show!
"Pants are for guys with ugly legs"
Member of Clan McLotofus,
IBRSC# 1619,
As seen in Renaissance Magazine

AnnMarie B

It was such a great show.  We never missed an episode.  Now we'll just have to wait til the live action Star Wars comes out to have antoher REALLY good show.
Phoenix Risen

Noble Dreg

George must have another yaught payment due.  ;D

I swear Mr. Lucas is doing his best to trash the original but it's his to do with as he pleases.  I will certainly tune in but after the last few offerings I have little hope.  Apparently the "Search for more space bucks" continues!
"Why a spoon cousin? Why not an axe?"
Because it's dull you twit, it'll hurt more. Now SEW, and keep the stitches small