News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

GARF Roll Call

Started by susannah, March 17, 2009, 09:51:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

susannah

So glad you're back at the Brewer's Pub, Jer!
Look forward to seeing you, however...I will not be able to partake in the mead this faire season...as I just found out I'm pregnant!!!  :)
Susannah
Wench Raised in the South/ Loki Musketeer

Count Adolfo

Quote from: BLAKDUKE on April 15, 2009, 09:51:11 AM
Quote from: Count Adolfo on April 13, 2009, 09:03:52 PM
OK, I have hip-hip-huzzah news... and, well, not so good news.

First, the hip, hip stuff...

I bought myself a Durango.  Yeah, I'm pretty psyched, I love the thing... spent way too much... don't even care.
With my credit after the split-up, I was gonna pay too much no matter what I bought... so I am happy to say that I bought something I am very pleased with... that way, if I'm gonna be in debt, at least it's for something I enjoy.

So, the not-so-good...
well, I spent a lot... a good deal more than I intended to... and that's going to make a foray to GARF this coming weekend completely impossible.
I'll be there Memorial Day Weekend but there's absolutely no way I can swing making the trip next weekend.

I'll miss you all, but I figure it was between getting a vehicle and getting to GARF and I think I made the right decision.  See you all Memorial Day Weekend!

Horse-hocky, mule fritters, and buffalo chips

What do you need to get there.

Tickets can be gotten,

Gas, I can put something toward that. 

Accomodations let's talk.

THERE IS NO WAY SIRRAH(SMILE ;D ;D ;D) THAT I WILL TOLERATE THIS. 
DON'T MAKE ME COME AND GET YOU.  THE RIDE BACK HAVING TO LISTEN TO MY WIFE WOULD BE MOST UNPLEASANT.

OK, well, here's what we're up against...
It's a long drive and I can't handle making such a long drive yet on my own... due to the medications.  If someone else were going from here, we could split it up and make it do-able.  Let me see if there's anything I can do about that.
However, I'd still not have the cash for gas or tickets or lodging because I just put every dime I had on the car.

fairieimp

Quote from: susannah on April 15, 2009, 09:56:55 AM
Look forward to seeing you, however...I will not be able to partake in the mead this faire season...as I just found out I'm pregnant!!!  :)

congratulations!
"A halo is just one more thing to keep clean."

I am Margaret Rennell, you can call me Meg. :)

Femme Falchion

Yes, blessings to you Susannah!  Congratulations! 

We are all very excited to be making the trip to GARF this weekend.  Our plan is to arrive on Saturday before the gates of Fairburn open....however, marshalling 4 adults and 2 preschoolers will be the challenge!  ;)  I will be accompanied by M'Lord, 2 young squires and in-laws (not in garb). I expect a fair amount of time will be spent either at the "Kids Kingdom" or walking between there and the pub!   ;)  Please don't hesitate to say hello and introduce yourself if I don't beat you to it! If you see wee identical twin berserker Celts in kilts.....look for me closeby  :)  I am delighted to have the opportunity to meet and spend time with R/F friends. 

Sunday just M'Lord and I will be returning for a more relaxed and adult (me) oriented day.  ;D

Safe travels to everyone!

Domina Virago
Grand Mistress of the Order of the Hatchet
Mother Confessor
Sister of the Spring Fires

Lady Christina de Pond

Quote from: susannah on April 15, 2009, 09:56:55 AM

yeaaaaaaa sussannah I"m estatic for you
Helmswoman of the Fiesty Lady
Lady Ashley of De Coals
Militissa in the Frati della Beata Gloriosa Vergine Mari

BLAKDUKE

Quote from: Count Adolfo on April 15, 2009, 11:40:04 AM
Quote from: BLAKDUKE on April 15, 2009, 09:51:11 AM
Quote from: Count Adolfo on April 13, 2009, 09:03:52 PM
OK, I have hip-hip-huzzah news... and, well, not so good news.

First, the hip, hip stuff...

I bought myself a Durango.  Yeah, I'm pretty psyched, I love the thing... spent way too much... don't even care.
With my credit after the split-up, I was gonna pay too much no matter what I bought... so I am happy to say that I bought something I am very pleased with... that way, if I'm gonna be in debt, at least it's for something I enjoy.

So, the not-so-good...
well, I spent a lot... a good deal more than I intended to... and that's going to make a foray to GARF this coming weekend completely impossible.
I'll be there Memorial Day Weekend but there's absolutely no way I can swing making the trip next weekend.

I'll miss you all, but I figure it was between getting a vehicle and getting to GARF and I think I made the right decision.  See you all Memorial Day Weekend!

Horse-hocky, mule fritters, and buffalo chips

What do you need to get there.

Tickets can be gotten,

Gas, I can put something toward that. 

Accomodations let's talk.

THERE IS NO WAY SIRRAH(SMILE ;D ;D ;D) THAT I WILL TOLERATE THIS. 
DON'T MAKE ME COME AND GET YOU.  THE RIDE BACK HAVING TO LISTEN TO MY WIFE WOULD BE MOST UNPLEASANT.

OK, well, here's what we're up against...
It's a long drive and I can't handle making such a long drive yet on my own... due to the medications.  If someone else were going from here, we could split it up and make it do-able.  Let me see if there's anything I can do about that.
However, I'd still not have the cash for gas or tickets or lodging because I just put every dime I had on the car.

My friend even if the minor items were gotten past, I will accept the part about accompanyment.  I would not have you risk your life in this manner.  there are to many worthwhile things to hazard ones life upon, a beautiful woman, a fine sword, even a good single malt, but not this. so if that is the reason then I shall accept it and try to get my other hald to agree to come up for the day on memorial day weekend, even though the fires of hell and georgia will be burning(well more reason to sit in the pub and drink ale)f
Ancient swordsman/royalty
Have Crown/Sword Will Travel

Count Adolfo

I'm loving the idea of us sitting at the Pub...
it's a great picture

Robin of Locksley

Quote from: Raibeart OShea on April 15, 2009, 06:04:19 AM
*cough* *cough*  ahem...   'garb'  ...*cough*

ahhh.  ;D you got me!

yes, we have new garb.

susannah

For those of you there this weekend! Make sure to catch Joni Minstrel...it's her only weekend at faire this year...she's due to have her baby in June!
She and Rosemary (from Three Quarter Ale) will be performing together...should not be missed!!
Susannah

susannah

Oh...I forgot to add...Thank you all for the kind comments! We're very excited!!
Susannah

Tammy

Congratulations Susannah!!

Count Adolfo...congrats on the Durango...and isn't it nice to know how much you will be missed!!

Royal Protector of Raccoons, Mistress of the Poi, Best Friend of Windland/Nim, Guppy, Seamstress for The Feisty Lady.

fairieimp

Sigh. I'm not going to be there. My mother wouldn't let me go if I didn't have anyone to go with... my best friend bailed on me two days ago.
:(
I hope to see you guys later in the season!
"A halo is just one more thing to keep clean."

I am Margaret Rennell, you can call me Meg. :)

Eric the Ugly

Today was...something else.

Things I learned today:
1. I paid way too much.
2. Never go on opening day ever again!
3. It takes an hour to drive the last single mile on opening day. Yes. An hour. And yes. One mile.
4. Having whiskey does not make awkward things less awkward.
5. Joining in, while not wanting to be a "tag along" is a difficult line to walk.
6. As much as I like my new main gauche, it's too unweildy to wear with everything else.
7. "Those people" that you see in the tight-knit groups aren't as exclusive and aloof as you may have always imagined.
8. Pleasant and just all-around good folks can make a 'blah' day so much better.
9. A very good friend of mine got married today. Today was the first I heard of it. Thanks. Thanks a lot.
10. Insecurities are a royal pain in the patookus.
11. Sitting alone on the benches behind the 'ship' swings and next to the drum place and having a cigarette is still the most comfortable thing for me to do at GARF.
12. This is Purple Unicorn's last year, so I have to "stock up" on some shirts before the end of season. Goodbye money.
13. "'Cause you're still the same (still the same, baby, baby, still the same)"

Eric the Ugly

Whoops. I'm a jerk (surprise, surprise).
I forgot to mention:
It was quite a pleasure to meet all of those that I met today! Sorry I didn't have a chance to bid farewell to all. I hope to see all of you again sooner than later. :)

Lady Christina de Pond

well I'm sorry I missed the meet and greets we didn't arrive until 11:30 do to the horrid traffic and our breakfast stop next time we are leaving earlier and we are going to get breakfast to go. also now having fantom sword syndrome. I am glad i got to meet some members from the forum I saw Dallen and his wife  I think i also saw resting and Coolin M'Crack. I think i passed Warrior Monk but he was busy stuffing his face so i left him alone. I didn't see him after that and if i passed you and didn't say hi sorry i didn't remember all who said they were coming and i can be a bit shy at times.
*learned not to wear pewter while sitting in sun for long periods of times i thought i was gonna get burned via my own jewelry while watching the bronze bells*
Helmswoman of the Fiesty Lady
Lady Ashley of De Coals
Militissa in the Frati della Beata Gloriosa Vergine Mari