News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

GARF Roll Call

Started by susannah, March 17, 2009, 09:51:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

susannah

I had a great time on Saturday! We were safe in the pub while it rained in the afternoon.
For those of you who are visiting in the next couple of weeks...beeboy, a forum member, is working the pickle stand by the joust arena.
Stop by and say hi. He spotted my pin from several yards away and tracked me down!
Also...I saw Jer at the Brewer's pub. Stop by and pay him a visit!
I hope to have my pics posted soon. I'll be there May 16 next for Scots & Kilts weekend!
BamaWoodsman...sorry we never met up. Hope you had a nice time!
Susannah
Wench Raised in the South/ Loki Musketeer

BamaWoodsman

Yeah we walked around keeping an eye out but must not have ever passed you. I didn't see anyone with a pin other that whatshisname at Siege the Day.   May be the next time we're there we'll catch up with somebody.

Lady Christina de Pond

has he been there all season i was so close to him opening day i could have hit him and didn't know it

Helmswoman of the Fiesty Lady
Lady Ashley of De Coals
Militissa in the Frati della Beata Gloriosa Vergine Mari

Lord Clisto of York

Well, I made it back safe and sound to Milwaukee Monday. Even though I only went on Sunday, I have to say I like the faire a lot. The weather in the 80's was really nice on Sunday I have to say. Love the layout and the people. Getting to meet everyone that I did was a real pleasure, thanks to Mercie. It was also a pleasure meetng the King and Queen. Stage show wise, the horse show was my favorite. I had seen the others elsewhere. The food was good and prices reasonable. I did buy some things to take back with me as well. I have to say it sure went out with a bang though. Just as we were leaving and in the gift shop, the huge down pour and high winds hit, then the tornado warnings. Basically the microburst hit real close making things a little exciting. The police officer that was in there with us closed down the doors until it litened up. We then made a mad dash to the car which wasnt real far away. It was nice that it happened right at the end of faire. So, when I originally left to come down there for the weekend, I thought it was going to be a wash after seeing the forecast, but I ended up having a great time at both GA and Tenn faires. HUZZAH!!! Hope the rest of the run is wonderful for everyone.

On another note, I started working on my pictures last night. I am on the Tennessee ones at the moment and will have my GA ones ready soon. Lots of good shots, so I will post again when they are up for viewing on my website.

Lord Sir Clisto of York
Invictus Maneo - I Remain Unvanquished

Peddlin

Sir Clisto -

It was wonderful to meet you in Tennessee last Saturday, and I will look forward to the next time.    :)
Peddlin M'Crack
Countess of Tyrone
Ette
IWG #3790, Local 96

CinderellaInAFairytale

I am a new little baby GARFie, having adopted it at my home faire. I'd like to get to know more people here!

We are almost always at the Joust.

Lady Christina de Pond

Cinderella I will be at Garf later this season maybe memorial day
Lady Ashley of De Coals

CinderellaInAFairytale

whee.. we are there most weekends! Let me know and we will have to meet, I would like to get to know everyone!

BamaWoodsman

I should be there again this weekend either Saturday or Sunday not sure which yet.  Just gotta talk to Gary at Crimson Chain to see if the new piece is ready to pick up. Not sure how long I'll hang around if it is ready but I'll probably be there for at least a little while. Still need to look at a few gifts for the family.

Tammy

Quote from: Lady Christina de Pond on May 04, 2009, 08:48:47 AM
yep 10:30 I've been at opening twice

Thanks Fairieimp and Lady Christina de Pond for the answer!!!

I can't wait for Saturday!!!
Royal Protector of Raccoons, Mistress of the Poi, Best Friend of Windland/Nim, Guppy, Seamstress for The Feisty Lady.

Lady Christina de Pond

Lady Ashley of De Coals

Count Adolfo

SO far, it's still full-speed-ahead on the plans to be there Memorial Day Weekend...

Hector

Most excellent Count.  I still plan to be there as I am going up earlier that week anyway.  I think GG is still in as well.  I will check with those that I see this evening.
-

Count Adolfo

I am praying more people go so I can split the drive and make this happen

Pharmar Greybeard & Maria

We will be at GARF for the first time Sat May 15 and possibly Sunday.
Sunday is Maria's birthday. It would mean a lot if you spot us to come over and wish her a happy birthday.
We will be in the same garb in our picture. You can spot Maria easily as she 6'2" tall.
She might wear a long blond wig.