News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Kansas City Renaissance Festival In the Snow??

Started by kcdcchef, March 27, 2009, 03:38:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TKM

no, i'm not in trouble,  just in a bind. yes, i love faire like life itself, and kcrf is a yearly second home to me, so I plan to get all I can out of it this weekend.

Butch

So, speaking of KCRF in the snow, how was the Faire today?  Chilly?  My buddy from Omaha sent me a photo from there, it seems that THEY got around 6"!  None of it stuck on the streets.

kcdcchef

Quote from: Butch on October 10, 2009, 08:57:51 PM
So, speaking of KCRF in the snow, how was the Faire today?  Chilly?  My buddy from Omaha sent me a photo from there, it seems that THEY got around 6"!  None of it stuck on the streets.

i left at 7pm, it was pretty damned cold, my car clock was saying it was 30F outside. fun day. made a lot of good jokes at the pub sing about the cold!!

hot chocolate - cappucino stands could not keep up. long lines serving basically lukewarm stuff, ick!!

good god it was cold though!

Cormac

I was out there yesterday and it was brisk to say the least.  Lesson learned and I am already working on cold weather garb.  Layers and wool are my mantra.

Genievea Brookstone

We were there Saturday and it was chilly!  I doubt it got up to 40 at all.  I know that my the lat afternoon the humidity had gone up and really started to feel the chill in the bones.  But all in all it was a great day and there were lots of folks there.  Which suprised us, we really didnt think that there would be that many there with the cold weather.
Genievea Brookstone
Lost child of the Woods

Butch

This coming Saturday, during the last weekend of KCRF, it is supposed to top out at 50 deg!  I have the garb for it (I'm a sailor, and I wear a warm thrum cap, and have a wool outer frock), but I'm gonna go out to the Columbia Faire.  Good luck this last week!  I had really wanted to go out for this last weekend, since I've heard it is usually the best one!  Also, had hoped to say hello to Finvarra, and introduce myself.  Cheers!

kcdcchef

Quote from: Butch on October 15, 2009, 04:50:21 PM
This coming Saturday, during the last weekend of KCRF, it is supposed to top out at 50 deg!  I have the garb for it (I'm a sailor, and I wear a warm thrum cap, and have a wool outer frock), but I'm gonna go out to the Columbia Faire.  Good luck this last week!  I had really wanted to go out for this last weekend, since I've heard it is usually the best one!  Also, had hoped to say hello to Finvarra, and introduce myself.  Cheers!

too funny, 32 last weekend, and 50 this weekend. gotta love the missouri weather. seen finvarra a million times and didnt realize it. amazing how you can see someone for years in a stretch and not even know who they are!!

TKM

kcdcchef

Quote from: TKM on October 15, 2009, 09:26:05 PM
Missouri? The KCRF is in Kansas, buddy XD

no shiner bock TKM. but i hate kansas with a passion, and the only thing i do in kansaSS is the KCRF. and the majority of the jobs, culture, sports teams, museums, good restaurants, cultural activity, nightlife, reasons to live, are in missouri. kansas is good for one thing and one thing only, leeching off of missouri. and stealing their businesses into joco and wyco with tax breaks that are gonna ruin that sorry weed puller county someday.

best thing that coulda ever happened was the festival moving to missouri a few years ago!!!!!!!

TKM

...wonderful. Thanks for the low blow to my home state jackass >.<

kcdcchef

Quote from: TKM on October 15, 2009, 10:23:29 PM
...wonderful. Thanks for the low blow to my home state jackass >.<

sorry jackass jr, but ks has ruined the metro by offering ridiculous tax breaks to lure businesses out of jackson county into joco, leaving jackson county to rot. starting to come back finally ( jackson ) but joco / wyco STILL doing it. i mean, taking cerner AND the wizards, when, jacko was already tearing down bannister so that the wizards could build their stadium and expand cerner. this is 2009 wyco/joco, steal businesses FROM OTHER STATES. i have lived all over the country, never seen it happen in any state but kansASS. seriously, i kid you not little brother. sprint, yellow, lee, almost every business at the "legends", everything, comes from jackson county. the average jackson county voter voted to fix the stadiums out of fear of western wyco taking them too.

Feline Groovy

I'll say it again: And you wonder why the KCRF forums are so dead compared to other, smaller faires?

What POSSIBLE benefit to 'your' faire or 'your' forum can there be to insulting a large number of patrons, playtrons, friends, and cast members about things they very likely had no involvement in or control over???

Congrats.  You've made this the first year I haven't regretted not being able to make it out to KCRF.  Well done.
Where was I going and how do I get there?

Amyj

Hear, hear Feline!  I prefer to stay silent most of the time on the KCRF forums rather than get into the sure battle that voicing any opposing thoughts is sure to bring.  Perhaps someone might be better served with a personal blog that they can rant/complain/insult on than an open forum dedicated to the SHARING of thoughts and experinces.

And now...wait for it....the obligitory insult to me that is sure to follow.
I'm not fat, it's just that a skinny body couldn't hold ALL THIS PERSONALITY! ;)
Historically Accur-ISH

kcdcchef

no offense anyone, i just hate to see urban areas decimated. i wasnt too happy with how downtown kansas city, kansas got no love at all while it all went to legends. i hate seeing any area become blighted, especially when it was a forced issue.

fyi, the kcrf forums have been dead forever. this season with a few heated battles over opinions on faire management and pay scale, etc, there is finally some activity. perhaps heated discussion was a good thing!!

Butch

Hey, I'm just a sailor on liberty, and I heard there was a harvest festival going on!  Where can I get a good cup of mead?