News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Seventh Encounter of the Castle Kind

Started by Old Tinker, November 21, 2008, 03:17:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maeve McMayhem

Kadden, Myself, My Wench and My Andrew would all like to give a big thanks to Humphrey and the rest of the Castle Crew.  ;D Without all of you, we wouldn't have such a wonderful place to meet and give our thanks and support to Harry.

And to Princess (Who you did toast during the music), she will definitely be missed and always wandering the halls.. in some form or another.

Thank you again for such an awesome gathering, I'm already ready to think about the next! Maybe next time my wench and I can be on the list for entertainment! Again - thank YOU!
"Castleteer"
IWG #3771
1/2 of Misplaced Laces

Elizabeth Talbot, Countess of Shrewsbury

Quote from: humphrey on April 01, 2009, 06:09:24 PM
hey all

thanks to everyone that came down. this was my favorite gathering so far. i think i say that every time though.  you are a great group of people. it is an honor to host you at the castle.

one thing, i was so busy talking to remember to toast Princess. 16 years and now departed. i am not a cat person, but she ruled.

thanks again everyone

larry

I wish i could remember princess from the first time I was there, but I can see she was a loved member of the family. I wish i knew her . . . . .

Castleteer
IWG #3880/IWG Local #77
Wandering Pirate
Endearing Noble

Elizabeth Talbot, Countess of Shrewsbury

It has only been five days since the weekend and already I'm deeply sad it could not have been a longer weekend. It was so great to see everyone face to face, and to encounter new people as well.

I wait anxiously for the next gathering, and hope to see you all around the faire this year. Either here in Ohio or in Kentucky (yes, I'm finally invading Kentucky!) . . . . .
Castleteer
IWG #3880/IWG Local #77
Wandering Pirate
Endearing Noble

Jezzy MacPeaks

Quote from: CapnFayeCutler on March 20, 2009, 11:19:29 PM
Jezzy MacPeaks at a castleteer gathering would indeed be fun! Do keep an eye out, for I'm sure we'll start asking when the next gathering is as soon as or even before this one! :)

Awww,. yer too kind, Lass!  I hear tell there be another gatherin' the second weekend in April?  If that be so, I intend to be there with bells on!  Lookin' forward ta seein' ye there!  {{{Hugs}}}
Pyrate Queen
Costumer, Extraordinaire
Hook'n of Clan M'Crack
Have Blunderbuss, Will Plunder

humphrey

on the second weekend of april (the 11th and 12th) my idea for fighting the depression start. it is called the Knight's Tourney. it is a fund raiser without being a fund raiser. the second weekend of each month, april through september,  we are having a "mini faire". we open at 10 am and close at 6pm. we will have entertainment.....ie music, comedy and even swordfighting comedians that want to sing. also present will be various vendors some you may know, some you may not. we also will have some historical re=enactors around doing demonstrations. we wont have food or drink, but we have a great public picnic area (kiss off symmes township).......all for the normal price of admission to the castle, 3 bucks.   the shows will be hourly starting at 11am going til 5pm

it is not a castleteer event. i wish it was, i had the calendar marked but somehow, even though i asked to keep those weekends clear, they have all been booked. fortunate a couple of them we will be able to work something out, because they are wedding and they tend last last only a few hours at most. the others are overnights and ghost hunters, which go on all night. the downside to this is last year i made promises to our volunteers that they could stay at the castle. fred invited ladies from ky faire that will be driving 3 hours each way and then he booked the nights so they cant stay :P my point being it is inconvenient for everyone envoled and it rules out castleteers. you can come visit though and with proper planning (if the interfeering event is a wedding) we will get a couple nights out of it.

any questions please message me