News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

500th Anniversary

Started by VIII, April 07, 2009, 01:08:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lys1022

Just an FYI for those interested:

If the weather is not cooperative, the Coronation MAY get moved to Castle Pavillion.  This is not finalized yet as far as I know, but it's a possibility if the pavillion is free.

So if you want to watch this event, you may want to check with someone that morning to see if it's been moved. :)
Lys
I am not an employee of Scarborough Faire and to not represent them in any way.

VIII

In the event of 'inclement' weather, the Coronation will be held in the CROWN Pavilion.
Former King Henry VIII
Renaissance Magazine Issue #66 Cover Boy

SirRichardBear

Shouldn't be a problem since the reCoronation is right after parade and we all know the Scarby rule for parade and the sun.   No matter what if does before or after during parade the sun will be out and roasting, baking, steaming, etc us during parade. 
Beware of him that is slow to anger: He is angry for something, and will not be pleased for nothing.
Benjamin Franklin

DonaCatalina

I hear Archbishop Cranmer will be doing the honors.

Pretty hefty achievement for a 20 year old.  ;)
Aurum peccamenes multifariam texit
Marquesa de Trives
Portrait Goddess

lys1022

Quote from: VIII on April 30, 2009, 10:32:16 AM
In the event of 'inclement' weather, the Coronation will be held in the CROWN Pavilion.

Okay.  CROWN Pavillion.  Not Castle Pavillion.

Sorry.

Just trying to help people find it.

I'll shut up now.
Lys
I am not an employee of Scarborough Faire and to not represent them in any way.

cowgrrl

That was wonderful to watch.  A big thanks to the Scarby cast & staff for putting together such an event.  My kids were a bit whiney but once they saw the procession & King Henrys cape (train?) they were spellbound. 

joan of arc

It was great! I thought the event was well organized. There was at least one person, taking video. I left  my video camera at home (duh!), hopefully the video will be posted somewhere. There should be no shortage of pictures  ;) - it looked and sounded like a press conference.

Miguel yelling from the stage across - "God save King Henry!" was something else.
There's no place I can be
Since I found Serenity
But you can't take the sky from me...

lilaney

It was a blast!

For those who might find this interesting: We had a Stone of Scone!
To which, the Scots proudly stole immediatly after the Coronation...

My Thanks to Stalkwell's girl for helping me figure out the exact name of the rock.
I knew that English Kings (And Queen's) had been crowned on a stone, but, the name and such
eluded me as we prepared for the ceremony.
And thank you! To the crowd who cheerfully joined in on the 'God Save the King' bits! That was simply brilliant!

JP yard troll

hey George, congrats on getting recrowned(what size hammer did they use?) I'll bite yer hand on the last weekend to comemorate the affair since I couldn't make it sunday ;D
The Ice Queens enforcer

DonaCatalina

Does anyone have any photos yet of Henry's re-coronation?
I sprained my knee Saturday and we were afraid to come out in the mud on Sunday.
Aurum peccamenes multifariam texit
Marquesa de Trives
Portrait Goddess

Ronald the Bald

Yes, pics please! Being a minor part of the festivities and not having a view of the stage I didn't see much except the procession to and from. I did hear  "God save the king" a few times, but that was it as far as the actual ceremony.

joan of arc

A bunch is being edited and uploaded right now. Estimated time for compete upload 4 pm today, they will appear here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/compassrosek8/
There's no place I can be
Since I found Serenity
But you can't take the sky from me...

Stalkwell

We're working as fast as we can  :-\  There were a few of us inside shooting, and there are some very good shots coming.  It was very dark for us, and will take extra post-process care to recover.  There should be stuff up in a day or two from both the good Lady Stalkwell and myself.  We'll post the link shortly.

Stalk well...
Enthralled with the Faeriebox...

Queen Bonnie

I also wish I had been able to be there! A ride did not materialize.  Anticipating the pictures!
Wingardium Leviosa!
Tis not the length of the staff- but the magick there in!

Al-Nimer

"I reject your reality and substitute my own!" - Adam, Mythbusters