News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Loveland Castle Knight's Tourney Weekend

Started by Ariyana the hugging wench, April 09, 2009, 09:19:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ariyana the hugging wench

This coming weekend (yes it is taking place on easter weekend) is the first ever Knights Tourney weekend at Loveland castle, In Loveland, Ohio. www.lovelandcastle.com
There will be entertainment (The pickle brothers this saturday and the saturday in May as well! plus others to be announced.I hear rumors of possibly Minstrel Woode at some point in the future!)  there will be vendors and fun for everyone. Admission is only $3 but donations to the castle are always gratefully accepted!
This is the description ina direct quote from our Own Sir Humphrey, the organizer of the event...
"on the second weekend of april (the 11th and 12th) my idea for fighting the depression start. it is called the Knight's Tourney. it is a fund raiser without being a fund raiser. the second weekend of each month, april through september,  we are having a "mini faire". we open at 10 am and close at 6pm. we will have entertainment.....ie music, comedy and even swordfighting comedians that want to sing. also present will be various vendors some you may know, some you may not. we also will have some historical re=enactors around doing demonstrations. we wont have food or drink, but we have a great public picnic area (kiss off symmes township).......all for the normal price of admission to the castle, 3 bucks.   the shows will be hourly starting at 11am going til 5pm"
The knights of the Golden Trail will be doing the first show of the day and for beginers it is pretty good and even funny!

I plan to be there all this weekend and most of all the other scheduled weekends as a volunteer and whatever they need me to do! Come get some hugs!! Nurianna, the gypsy face painter,  will be there Saturday! Pirates Treasure and Journeyman leather are just 2 of the vendors I have heard about!

They will be doing this the 2nd saturday of every month May through September. (they have canceled doing it sundays at this point.)

Ariyana the hugging wench who wants you to come play at the castle with her!

Sir Jim & Lady Helen

We went yesterday and it was a lot of fun.  Weather was perfect.  Captain Humphrey and Sir Fred were their usual great hosts.  Good shows by Pickle Brothers, Greyhound rescue group and the Knights of the Golden Trail.  I know today is Easter but if you have any free time and are in the area stop by.

Sir Jim & Lady Helen
Irish Penny Brigade
Castleteers
Lost Vikings
FOKTOPs
ROOL

Jim:
Ride Penny

Helen:
Spin Penny
IWG#3811 Local#57

WindChime

Hey everyone.
I had a blast yesterday at the Castle Tourney.
Here is my link to some pictures I took of the day.
http://s715.photobucket.com/albums/ww155/BearChime/Castle%20Tourny%204-11-09/
Chime'n Penny / Cheiftess Clan O'Maille
Irish Penny Brigade
Guppy #90
Castleteer
IWG #3740 Local #57
Lost Viking
FOKTOP
Booth Owner @ KyRF & ORF
Keeper of All Bells & Chimes
RESCU Rally Captain ORF &  KyRF

Carl

Thanks for the photos looks like a grand time,we will have to schedual a weekend .Nice to see all the plants starting to bloom.Our castleteer events have always been in the dormant season.
Castleteer
Bretheren of the Great Lakes
Outlander
FOKTOP
True heirto the Duchy of Savoy
Rivet'n Penny

Reminder... the next Loveland Castle Knight's tourney is a week from tomorrow!

Make your plans now! Who is going to come play with us on Saturday, May 9th?

For reference, The Pickled Brothers and Minstrel Woode will be performing.. ok well Travis.. and Jeff or Rowan. so half of each.. we just might have ourselves a wooden pickle? lol or maybe a Dill E of a day...? yeah I know bad jokes lol..

Plus we will have the ancient hounds, and the Knights themselves who now have 2 possible shows to perform! and I will be there.. at the front gate even to take your admission, stamp your hand and welcome you to the Castle! Bring a picnic and come stay for the day! All this for a bargain price of $3 each!
And we will have even more vendors than last time!

See you then!

WindChime

Don't forget to support your Castle Saturday May 9th. Come see everyone.
Irish Penny Brigade
Guppy #90
Castleteer
IWG #3740 Local #57
Lost Viking
FOKTOP
Booth Owner @ KyRF & ORF

WindChime

I had fun for the few hours I was there. Dinner after at IHOP was a blast :D. The servers were in awe of our group in full garb. The poor gawk er man probally wishes we never showed up for his poor wife or girlfriend probally whipped him good for staring at a certain wenches goodies his entire meal :o
Irish Penny Brigade
Guppy #90
Castleteer
IWG #3740 Local #57
Lost Viking
FOKTOP
Booth Owner @ KyRF & ORF

Cher, I still say I never once caught him doing that.. are you sure you guys aren'ty just making it up?? lol.. though the stories of how he might have been walking in the parking lot were priceless and made me laugh so darn hard.

It was a most wonderful day at the castle (even when you weren't there yet lol) and dinner after was just a blast. The combo of people we had there were a true treasure of humor and enjoyment...
Glad you and mom and dad made it... though I still say next time, dad has to sashay in front of the admission desk more in the kilt lol! *wink*

ahh all in all a most wonderful day... filled with many people I truly enjoy spending time with...

so who is going to come up and visit us and stay to play for the next one??? June 13th people, June 13th.. mark your calenders now!

A reminder that the 3rd Loveland Castle Knight's tourney Saturday is coming up on June 13th, 2009!
We will have vendors and entertainment and well.. me! lol
This month we have Tanner. Yes Tanner is putting on the tights (sigh) for the Castle! Tanner will be performing original and traditional story-songs, ballads and instrumental music.
The knights will do a few shows (they have several different ones under their belt now and are good, come see!) and the ancient hounds show with rescued greyhounds and there are rumors of other entertainment surprises to come!
All this plus the beautiful grounds and wonderful castle for the very low price of $3 a person! Come hang out with us at the castle!
The Knight's Tourney will take place during the normal operating hours of the castle 11 am until 5 pm.
Come see the castle!
For future planning purposes the remaining Knight's tourney dates for the year are:
July 11th (We might have Tanner back again! I for one am crossing my fingers!) plus other's to be announced. (though if you are planning to come mainly to see me I might not be present at the July Knight's tourney, just a warning... starting to sound like I have a personal commitment that I will have to attend instead)
August 8 Rumors are we have Minstrel Woode and the Pickled Brothers again!
September 12 this month we are also rumored to again have the pickled Borthers and Minstrel woode. Check this site or the castle website for updates!
www.lovelandcastle.com

WindChime

I'll be there in August after KYRF is over.  I'll be a vendor again :).
Irish Penny Brigade
Guppy #90
Castleteer
IWG #3740 Local #57
Lost Viking
FOKTOP
Booth Owner @ KyRF & ORF

Windhawke

Arriyana, is there an evening of entertainment that night?

WindChime

If you go to IHOPS watch for gawkers.  :o
Arriyanan brings out the best in some men. ;D
Irish Penny Brigade
Guppy #90
Castleteer
IWG #3740 Local #57
Lost Viking
FOKTOP
Booth Owner @ KyRF & ORF

Windhawke,
I will double check tonight, but I am pretty sure that there is something going on at the castle afterwards that we have to clear out for. But we have been known on those occasions to go out somewhere afterwards to all eat together. (as Cher alluded too, last time we went to Ihop and had a great time) Should you come visit us, we would be happy to have you join in whatever plans may be made.
I know that a few of the upcoming months are reserved for us to hang out at the castle and relax afterward. I will double check the calander again tonight and update on those nights.. still hopeing to see lots of you come visit for the rest of the Knight's tourneys .

Ok, well there is NOTHING scheduled after the Knight's tourney Jun3 13th, so we are all planning to hang out at the castle afterwards... so anyone coming to visit us tomorrow, can plan to stay aterwards and hang out and party!! whoo hoo!!! go us (so no IHop gawkers till July lol)

and for future reference at this point the August 8th Knight's tourney also has nothing scheduled for afterwards. stay tuned to this same bat channel for updates...

Hoping to see some of you tomorrow, and hey remember you can ALWAYS come to the castle on Saturday and go to KYRF on Sunday!! (same deal when Orf opens lol)

Windhawke

YAY! My dad is critter sitting for me so we will be coming after getting food.  SCA event earlier in the day so we'll be garbed already if the plan stands. We haven't been able to come for day things yet because the Appalachian Festival and SCA event, SCA event and Native American Gathering. We did get to the KHRF last weekend for the first time. It was LOVELY! We hope to get there again next weekend for a bit.