News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Doing Davinci

Started by Capt Gabriela Fullpepper, April 15, 2009, 10:28:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Capt Gabriela Fullpepper

Anyone else watch this premier episode the other night on Discovery?

WOW very cool. The team built an actually Fully functional Davinci Tank all with technology Davinci had in his time. Little did I know Davinci actually invented ball bearings and a wedge breech loading cannon. While not very fast and powered by 4 guys cranking away made the tank move at a little slower than walking speed.

Toki and I loved this new series and plan on watching all of them.

Each episode the team has to try and build a Davinci invention all with the technology that Davinci had.
"The Metal Maiden"
To be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody e

Sir William Marcus

I started watching it and due to long day I dozed off about half way through it.  I would of loved to have seen the final product and especially the firing of the 36 cannons.  I look forward to the next episode as it will be the making of  DaVinci's "Scythed Chariot" and this thing looks way wicked!
VENI, VIDI, VELCRO! Spelling and grammatical errors are beyond my control, it's the way I'm wired.

jcbanner

this is the first time I'v even heard about this, what nights is it on?

Capt Gabriela Fullpepper

Monday evenings (they show 10 but it was on at 8 my time) on Discovery.
"The Metal Maiden"
To be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody e