News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Renaissance Festival Podcast #106 –March 7-8 and 14-15

Started by JohnB, April 14, 2009, 03:39:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JohnB

Staring    Kristen Roger Marc Gunn and Joe Haydu 

Renaissance Festival Podcast Shownotes 

Support the Podcast, Buy a CD!

Buy Us a Pint!                                                     
Tuesday, March 03, 2009

Renaissance Festival Podcast #106;March 7-8 and 14-15

Music from Lark the Harper, The Counterfeit Bards, The Gypsy Guerrilla Band, The Muses, TomLori, Kent Courtney, Water Street Bridge, Whirly Jig, Jesse Linder, Jack Salt and the Captain Daughter, Clandestine, and the Chuckwalla Rhythm Kings.

Brought to you by...
Celtic Invasion Vacations, your ticket to the experience of a lifetime.
Find out more at http://www.celticinvasion.com/

Notes:
- Vote in the MUSICAL CHALLENGE
- FaireNews.com
- RESCU Foundation
- ATTN BANDS: Send your calendar comments to Joe Haydu at music @ renaissancefestivalmusic.com.

-Download this week's podcast.

News

Jesse Linder has joined 3 Pints Gone. Music

*Lark the Harper; Rowan Tree”, from Soothing Sounds for Shattered Psyches 

*The Counterfeit Bards, Cruel Sister from Bard From This Hall 

*The Gypsy Guerrilla Band, Baym Rebin Sude& from Greco Ernie 

*The Muses Loch Lomond_Red Is The Rose from Live! 

*TomLori Water is Wide from A-Beggin 

Special Feature Kent Courtney Interview and Music 

*Interview with Kent Courtney 

*Kent Courtney, Live Recording 

If you would like to do an interview for the podcast, contact Joe Haydu. 

*Water Street Bridge, John Barleycorn from Danse Macabre 

*Whirly Jig , Queen of All Argyle from Thing-A-Ma-Jig

*Jesse Linder, Hey What About Me from The Bramble and the Rose   

*Jack Salt and the Captain Daughter, Paddy West from Bring Us A Barrel 

*Clandestine, Black Eyed Susan from To Anybody At All 

*Chuckwalla Rhythm Kings, The King of Ballyhooley from No Bedrolls or Backpacks  Listener Comments

We received two e-mails from podcast listeners that we wanted to share. The first is from Jeremy, who writes: ;I thought I'd write in when you talked about those of us who has never been to a renfaire. Well you got yourself another one here.

Having lived most of my 23 years here in Hong Kong, with incursions into Australia, Indonesia and well, most of Asia in general, i've never found the chance to get to a RenFaire.

Anyhow, I've been a lover of Celtic/folk music for as long as i can remember, having picked up the violin because of my love of it.

Keep up the good job, looking forward to listening to more of your podcast!

Kimberly also wrote us saying: You asked who would listen to the podcast and not go to Renaissance Festivals. It isn't that I haven't gone. I've gone twice. Once in grade school and once in High School. Both times I ended up in the ER with life threatening allergic reactions. We couldn't figure out why. It was assumed it was a combination of the location (due to native plants blooming), time of year, hay, and animals.

I mentioned this to a friend that goes frequently mentioning that maybe someday I could go to one at a different location. She came back several days later. She had checked with friends to make sure she had her facts right. The festivals she went to had a large amount of food vendors/booths that use peanut oil. When deep fried turkey became all the rage - my doctor warned me to not even be in the same yard/house that was doing this because of the oil being spread in the air. I'm so allergic touching something with a trace of Peanut oil can kill me. I guess I'm confined to enjoying the music on your podcast for now.

- We want your comments and suggestions. Email us at music@renaissancefestivalmusic.com with REN FEST PODCAST in the subject line.

- We want to thank everyone who listens to this podcast and tells their friends. Thanks to those you email us and to those who post in our message board at RenaissanceFestival dot com. And a special thanks to those who financially support the podcast by making donations or through your purchases in the Renaissance Festival Podcast Music Store at CDBaby.

- Special thanks John B. for maintaining the myspace page, RenaissanceFestival.com and ModernBard.org.

- The Renaissance Festival Podcast was produced by Marc Gunn, Kristen Roger, and Joe Haydu. If you like what you heard today, visit our shownotes at www.renaissancefestivalmusic.com and find out more about the artists who make the music happen. Show your support by telling your friends of the great music you found.

Music Challenge

In every podcast, we showcase the top five songs from last weeks podcast. Be sure to vote for your favorite song.

The Top 5 

5The Limeybirds ,The Ballad of Sam and Lily from The Naked Album

4The Poxy Boggards, Tender Love Song from Anchor Management

3 Iris and Rose Below, Below, Below from Two in the Bush

2Empty Hats, Widow of Westmorelands Daughter from 5

1Wild Mountain Thyme, Scotland  Depraved from Scotland Depraved

Marc Gunn with Lorella Loftus reading The Faire is Over