News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

You are shipwrecked!

Started by Obadiah Jib, April 22, 2009, 11:30:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Obadiah Jib

You wash up on a tropical island after a storm sinks your ship.  Before the ship goes down you manage to grab three things (not people).  What did you choose to make your stay a little easier.
First Mate of the Portobello Rose.
I'm not the captain, I just dress better than he does.

Lady Amy of York

Oh..good  question.  :)    Only THREE  things ?    :o :( :-\

Well  the  female  Noble  lady  in  me would  say I would have  to grab my  gowns, jewels, and  shoes.  ;D  ;D

BUT  THEN

The Pirate in me, says  the  rum and  the  gold  :) ;)

AND   THE

The Pirate Captain in me  says  after I keehaul my helmsman  and  navigator ( just kidding guys ),  I  would     grab  my spyglass  , my flintock pistol,  and  a keg of  rum.

So seeing how it is  only three things  we  could  grab I  would have  to  go  with:

1.  a  spyglass -so that i could use  the  glass part  to reflect  the  sun  and  start a fire  to  stay  warm by, and  also  to signal  any passing  ships

2.  a flintlock pistol  for  protection incase  there are any savages on island,  or  just  to use  to kill any animals  or  shoot  birds.  Have  to be  able  to eat.

3. and a keg of  rum, cause you need some source of liquid  so you don't die  of  dehydration, cause  you can't  drink  the  salt water.Of course if it is  a tropical island  there should be  some  source of water on the  island, therefore i would use  the rum  for  medical purposes  ,and to help stay warm at night,  and   to help keep the signal  fire  burning,or  trade  it to any savages on the island  for  sources of  food  or  shelter.

Lady Amy of York/CaptainAmy of FeistyLady pirateship
Cheiftess Feisty of Clan O' Doinn
HF:Sterling

Welsh Wench

Coconut rum, SPF15, and a beach towel.

Trick question, you didn't say it wasn't St Maartin or St Thomas. Now if it were a DESERTED tropical island, that is a different matter altogether!
Show me your tan lines..and I'll show you mine!

I just want to be Layla.....

Captain Jack Wolfe

And if it's St. Maartin, please don't let it be Orient Beach I washed up on.  It's been just over a year now, and I still haven't been able to find a strong enough eye bleach.  :o
"I'm not sure about people anymore. They're responsible for some pretty nutty stuff. Individuals I'm crazy about, though." ~ Opus

Seamus Ex Machina

Gun, cutlass, rum.

And the head of that stupid, friggin' helmsman what wrecked me ship......
Legendary Hellraiser

chainshot

An Axe or Hatchet

A good Knife

Flint and Steel

Capt Spleen

A 20 lb cannon

A keg o Powder

An a bag o cannon ballz *cause a pirate kin ne'er 'ave enuff ballz!*

Obadiah Jib

Quote from: Welsh Wench on April 23, 2009, 05:50:24 AM
Coconut rum, SPF15, and a beach towel.

Trick question, you didn't say it wasn't St Maartin or St Thomas. Now if it were a DESERTED tropical island, that is a different matter altogether!

No  I didn't say which island but it is during the 1600 to 1700's.

We'll give you the towel and rum.  I think the only SPF lotion you will find is TAR.

Welsh Wench

Well, I'd have to change my tagline to, 'Show me your tar lines....and I'll show you mine!'

Lord Figaro

A book helping me make rum with any ingredients you find on an island all by your self.

Fishing line, a crewmen can not live on rum and coconuts alone.

Me cutlass, how else am I gonna cut up the fish and coconuts???
Those who do not remember their past are condemned to repeat their mistakes.

George Santayana

Blackjack Roberts

Me Cutlass.

Me Seachest.

An' a full barrel 'o Rum.

Lady Christina de Pond

DON'T LOOK AT ME I DIDN'T SINK IT

cutlass -protection and for shelter building and chopping up food and possibly starting fire
flint-uhhh fire equal warmth equal protection from wild animals and cooking food
rum-don't know what is on this island might be worth medicinal purpose
Helmswoman of the Fiesty Lady
Lady Ashley of De Coals
Militissa in the Frati della Beata Gloriosa Vergine Mari

Welsh Wench

Quote from: Capt Spleen on April 23, 2009, 09:40:35 PM
A 20 lb cannon

A keg o Powder

An a bag o cannon ballz *cause a pirate kin ne'er 'ave enuff ballz!*

But it doesn't really matter what size your cannon is if you are by yourself.

Obadiah Jib

Oh and I will say that you got to keep a set of clothing.  While naked pirate island might be fun for awhile we'll consider it for another post. ;D

Lady Amy of York

Quote from: Obadiah Jib on April 26, 2009, 11:18:10 PM
Oh and I will say that you got to keep a set of clothing.  While naked pirate island might be fun for awhile we'll consider it for another post. ;D

ROFL !   Spoil sport  ! ;D

Welsh Wench

Rats! That leaves out being shipwrecked on the Riviera, doesn't it?
Heck, only one set of clothes? I can't be unseen in the same thing day after day.  >:(

Even by myself.

Lady Christina de Pond

you didn't say i couldn't take the cloths i was already wearing
Lady Ashley of De Coals

Lady Amy of York

Quote from: Lady Christina de Pond on April 27, 2009, 09:20:44 AM

you didn't say i couldn't take the cloths i was already wearing

ROFL.  Knows how  Lady C  loves  to  clothes  shop  and  pictures  her  pileing   several  layers  of  clothes onto her.

Lady Christina de Pond

Rofl you didn't say i couldn't wear more than one outfit at a time. ofcourse my luck other shipmates forgot thier cloths then i'll have to share
Lady Ashley of De Coals

Blue66669

I'll have to say an axe, flint, and fresh water. I'd like to survive for longer than a week...

but if I could have only one more thing, I'd pack the powder monkey- he's been making eyes at me all week!
Blaidd Drwg

Captain Jack Wolfe

A short sword or cutlass to use as a tool and weapon, a flint for fire, and gold to buy passage on the ship I attracted with the signal fire I made thanks to the cutlass and flint.  ;D

Not to mention the tasty sea turtle I roasted over the same fire.
"I'm not sure about people anymore. They're responsible for some pretty nutty stuff. Individuals I'm crazy about, though." ~ Opus

Obadiah Jib

I'm going to post a second chapter to this thread in the next few days.  If you haven't mentioned what you want to take on the island do so now.  Trust me, you'll like this!

Lady Christina de Pond

wait something tells me i want to change my answer

I'm taking the hottest guy on the crew with me too
Lady Ashley of De Coals

Blackjack Roberts

One of the reasons I chose me sea chest. That way I already have flint, compass, extra clothing, pistols, powder, shot, gold, tobacco...ect.   ;) :D

It could be considered cheating, I know......but then again...Pirate. 8) ;D

Lady Amy of York

Quote from: Blackjack Roberts on May 01, 2009, 10:41:19 AM
One of the reasons I chose me sea chest. That way I already have flint, compass, extra clothing, pistols, powder, shot, gold, tobacco...ect.   ;) :D

It could be considered cheating, I know......but then again...Pirate. 8) ;D

LOL!  I  tip my hat  to you sir.  You are one  step ahead of  the  rest us.  Very clever !  :)
<  Rushes   off to repack her sea  chest  ;D >

Blackjack Roberts

*sweeps Cavalier hat from head, bows*

M'Lady. :)