News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

RenDezvous Rules and Regulations

Started by LadyJessica, May 17, 2008, 09:10:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

renfairephotog

2006 Texas
2007 Minnesota
2008 Tennessee
2009 Maryland
Twenty seasons of covering renaissance  festivals. Photos/calendar/blog.
Fairy photographer

Lady Renee Buchanan

I was just on the voting threads and think I saw some people who voted who have just signed up who voted but don't meet rule #3.

3. If you have less than 25 posts your vote will still count if you have been a member for six months from the start of the voting.  In other words you have to have been a member as of January 1st.

Will those names be removed and the vote counts edited? 

I don't know why some people don't read the rules first before voting.  Grrrr...

*Renee jumps down off her soapbox and is finished being grouchy!*     ;D
A real Surf Diva
Landshark who loves water
Chieftesse Surf'n Penny of Clan O'Siodhachain,
Irish Penny Brigade
Giver of Big Hugs 
Member since the beginning of RF
All will be well. St. Julian of Norwich

Blue66669

Quote from: Lady Renee Buchanan on June 23, 2009, 07:11:52 PM
I was just on the voting threads and think I saw some people who voted who have just signed up who voted but don't meet rule #3.

3. If you have less than 25 posts your vote will still count if you have been a member for six months from the start of the voting.  In other words you have to have been a member as of January 1st.

Will those names be removed and the vote counts edited? 

I don't know why some people don't read the rules first before voting.  Grrrr...

*Renee jumps down off her soapbox and is finished being grouchy!*     ;D

I'm sure that Jessica and the other mods are keeping a close eye on it and throwing out any null votes...
Blaidd Drwg

gracefulcarrie

Yes this is being watched and any invalid votes are being removed.
That was one of the reasons we went back to posting your vote rather than just using the poll was so that we would know what votes were void and what was voted for.
We promise that we are all keeping tabs on this and there is a good system of checks and balances in place.

Lady Renee Buchanan

Quote from: gracefulcarrie on June 23, 2009, 11:21:22 PM
That was one of the reasons we went back to posting your vote rather than just using the poll was so that we would know what votes were void and what was voted for.
We promise that we are all keeping tabs on this and there is a good system of checks and balances in place.

On behalf of all forum members, thanks to you and the mods for all your hard work.  You are doing a wonderful job, and it is much appreciated.   ;D
A real Surf Diva
Landshark who loves water
Chieftesse Surf'n Penny of Clan O'Siodhachain,
Irish Penny Brigade
Giver of Big Hugs 
Member since the beginning of RF
All will be well. St. Julian of Norwich

Tygrkat

Quote from: Lady Renee Buchanan on June 24, 2009, 06:00:47 AM
Quote from: gracefulcarrie on June 23, 2009, 11:21:22 PM

On behalf of all forum members, thanks to you and the mods for all your hard work.  You are doing a wonderful job, and it is much appreciated.   ;D

I'll second that! This process has been a challenging one to say the least, and your work truly is appreciated.

HUZZAH!
50% Endora, 50% Aunt Clara.

renfairephotog

Quote from: tcindie on July 02, 2009, 03:31:38 PM
AZRF

out of curiosity... doesn't this forum have a poll option, rather than having to count through a bunch of replies, seems it would be easier to keep track with a regular poll.  Would give people an idea of where results lie too.
We tried a poll but there was no way to remove votes from new accounts that opened after voting began.

Fairy photographer

tcindie

Quote from: renfairephotog on July 02, 2009, 05:01:56 PM
Quote from: tcindie on July 02, 2009, 03:31:38 PM
AZRF

out of curiosity... doesn't this forum have a poll option, rather than having to count through a bunch of replies, seems it would be easier to keep track with a regular poll.  Would give people an idea of where results lie too.
We tried a poll but there was no way to remove votes from new accounts that opened after voting began.

I see.. should be doable, but it would probably require some custom coding.  I'd offer to do it, but I'm not very familiar with this particular forum software.  But there certainly should be a way to hide polls from users newer than a given date, or with less posts than a particular number, etc.  Thanks for the reply. :)

Steev

OK, so this is stupid but...

What exactly in RenDezvous?  I know how it's chosen, and that people congregate on a faire, but really, what the hell is it?  Parties in venues near faire? Actors from other faires? Clans? Tailgates?

Enlighten me.

S
Born too late.  But not too late for faires.

renfairephotog

It a large annual gathering of RF members. There can be parties/dinners before or after faire. We go to faire meet new and old friend enjoy some shows. enjoy the faire. There can be tailgates.
Fairy photographer

Lairde Guardn

Quote from: Steev on July 28, 2009, 10:16:17 PM
OK, so this is stupid but...

What exactly in RenDezvous?  I know how it's chosen, and that people congregate on a faire, but really, what the hell is it?  Parties in venues near faire? Actors from other faires? Clans? Tailgates?

Enlighten me.

S

Yes that and so much more, friends meeting for the first time that have posted and talked on the forum.  Old friends that get together again after many years because of their love of faire.  Families, Guilds and Clans gathering with all their other friends and bluring the lines of the sects by the friendships all around.  And yes the parties, the tailgates, the dinners and even the times at the hotel talking outside the rooms either getting ready or coming home from faire.  

A sharing of our love for the pastime we all care for.....and of course our Friends

Even after I read the above I know how sappy it sounds, but it is actually what I got out of the Rendevous I have attended so far.....
Lairde Guard'n
Lairde Highe Chieftain Emeritus
Irish Penny Brigade
Rogue, Teer, Otter
Landshark, Bard, DG, RFC
15.8% FaireFolk pure, 84.2% FaireFolk corrupt