News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Wench appropriate vs. skanktastic?

Started by Katarsa, May 02, 2009, 06:27:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Malcolm

Quote from: Sir Ironhead on May 11, 2009, 05:45:50 PM
My work here is done  ;)
With so many faire wenches, a true rogue's work is never done!
YOS,
Malcolm Abernethy
Knight Commander, Order of the Blue Ribbon
IBRSC #1272
1608 Society
"Be the best you can be... considering."

Sir Ironhead

Quote from: Malcolm on May 12, 2009, 12:19:34 AM
Quote from: Sir Ironhead on May 11, 2009, 05:45:50 PM
My work here is done  ;)
With so many faire wenches, a true rogue's work is never done!

Well, I do like to pace myself.  Some things you should not rush  ;) ;D
Debaucheteer
IBRSC #1389
Sandbox Inspector
Iron'n M'Crack
Royal Order of Landsharks #41

Peddlin

Darlin' -

Your work is never done. You recently told me, yourself, that you would always be my pet!

;) :-*
Peddlin M'Crack
Countess of Tyrone
Ette
IWG #3790, Local 96

Peddlin

Oh, and Kat -

We have seen each other, but I don't know if we have been formally introduced. If you need anything in Asheville, give me a holler. My son lives there, and performs, and I'm sure he would be happy to help you out.. He is a musician (singer, songwriter and guitar player). If you want to talk about it, you can get a phone number from some of your Musician's Royale friends (Jackie, Marie, Ruth, Laura, etc.) And welcome to the forum.
Peddlin M'Crack
Countess of Tyrone
Ette
IWG #3790, Local 96

will paisley

Quote from: Malcolm on May 04, 2009, 01:56:47 AM
The next time you come to Faire, bring several lengths of blue ribbon and some small pins.  With ribbon in hand, go up to your favourite Scottish gentleman and ask if he needs his kilt checked.
After checking his kilt, reward the lad by pinning the ribbon near the bottom of his kilt.

Quick word of warning: "kilt check" can be a loaded term at some faires. Some IWG chapters forbid them entirely as IWG activities at their faires.  Many have explicit instructions for performing them as a guild activity.  All it takes is one drunken individual yelling "I'm a wench, lemme give you a kilt ckeck!" and grabbing some guy's crotch to get the local in hot water with faire management (not that anybody here would necessarily do that; only to explain what many locals are afraid of).
Minstrel, Interrupted, Bard #400 (CD)
Faire Name: "Flo's Husband"
Yeoman-Purser of the Frigate Up Royally

Sabrina Black

This seems to be a fairly appropriate thread for this question:

What exactly is appropriate and/or overkill for a kilt check?  I'm still kinda new to faires and the only kilted guy I had the pleasure of checking was my b/f, and of course, I had liberties that I wouldn't with other guys.  Not sure I'm gonna do any checking, but if I do, I wanna be prepared hehehe.
Wench-in-training

Dayna

Stand to the gentleman's side.  Very gradually lift the kilt from the hem, on the side, until one either does or does not see the presence of undergarments.  Skirts of Privacy may be used to block line of sight from anyone else.  At No Time should there be the possibility of actually viewing "the goods" should the gentleman be wearing nothing underneath his kilt except his boots, the most you would see is the side of his hip.

It is also acceptable to run one's hand underneath the kilt, on the side as before, until encountering fabric or the area beneath his hipbone.  Thou Shalt Not attempt to steer towards the center!

Dayna
Wench 3083, Guild of the Garter  Local 34.5
Dayna Thomas
Nixie's Mom
Bristol FoF Hench
Education Goddess...yeah, right
FoF Merchant Liason/Merchandizing Maven

Muffin

Quote from: unilady on May 13, 2009, 03:41:44 PM
Stand to the gentleman's side.  Very gradually lift the kilt from the hem, on the side, until one either does or does not see the presence of undergarments.  Skirts of Privacy may be used to block line of sight from anyone else.  At No Time should there be the possibility of actually viewing "the goods" should the gentleman be wearing nothing underneath his kilt except his boots, the most you would see is the side of his hip.

It has always been my understanding that lifting a fine gentleman's kilt is a big huge and in every possible way a NO NO!!!! While kneeling, one can run their hand/fingertip up the side of the gentleman's leg, either under or over the kilt..

AND!! Always be sure to ask him if he would like to be checked, as well as asking his fair lady should he have one if she minds..  ;)
A Captains Wench

It's always Beer:30 here....

*sigh* So many kilts, so little time......

Ette

Zardoz

Quote from: unilady on May 13, 2009, 03:41:44 PM

It is also acceptable to run one's hand underneath the kilt, on the side as before, until encountering fabric or the area beneath his hipbone.  Thou Shalt Not attempt to steer towards the center!

Dayna
Wench 3083, Guild of the Garter  Local 34.5

When I get checked, (which I don't mind as long as I have a warning, and there's prizes!  :D ) I would rather get the "run one's hand" method than the "kilt lift".  I get enough kilt lifting from drunks at pubs!  It is bad kilt etiquette!
Besides, any wench worth her salt would surely be the 'hands on' type of woman!
"Pants are for guys with ugly legs"
Member of Clan McLotofus,
IBRSC# 1619,
As seen in Renaissance Magazine

Sabrina Black

Ok, thanks!  I've heard stories from friends of more...shall we say intimate, kilt checking so I wanted to know what is appropriate and what is unappreciated.  Thanks for the help!
Wench-in-training

maelstrom0370

Kilt check? Kilt Check!?
Damn! I'm definitely going to the wrong Faire!  :P ;)

Sir Ironhead

[quote ... Besides, any wench worth her salt would surely be the 'hands on' type of woman!
[/quote]

I like "hands on" type women.  They're fun  ;)
Debaucheteer
IBRSC #1389
Sandbox Inspector
Iron'n M'Crack

Sir Ironhead

Quote from: Peddlin on May 13, 2009, 07:25:06 AM
Darlin' -

Your work is never done. You recently told me, yourself, that you would always be my pet!

;) :-*

I don't consider that to be work  ;) ;D
Debaucheteer
IBRSC #1389
Sandbox Inspector
Iron'n M'Crack

Peddlin

You are soooooooooooooooooooooooo smooooooooooooooooooth!    ;)
Peddlin M'Crack
Countess of Tyrone
Ette
IWG #3790, Local 96

Marietta Graziella

There was an entire thread about kilt checks not that long ago.  It was a very comprehensive explanation including different "stages" of kilt checking.  Please DO NOT life any man's kilt in public.  Tacky and uncomfortable to those around you who may not wish to be part of the activity.
Very demure:  run the back side of your thumb nail from hem to hip on the outside of the mans thigh.  If he's wearing something underneath, you'll feel the edge with your nail.
Demure:  Same procedure with your hand.  It's a bit more intimate.
Daring:  Same procedure with your hand under the kilt-stay to the outside of the thigh/hip!
Go for it:  Well, just go for it, but still under the kilt-not lifted.
The Walk Over:  Lay on the ground and have the man "giant step" over you.  It should be obvious what's happening there.  This one is not widely done.

As Muffin said, ALWAYS ASK permission from the man and his lady.  No kilt checking without a prize/blue ribbon.
Nothing clever to say here.  Not enough caffine yet.