News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Pirate accessories?

Started by sapphireandsage, May 04, 2009, 11:29:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DragonWing

Excuse me for jumping in here, but I wanted to make an observation and maybe a cost effective way of making a Bezoar stone without buying the more costly ones. 

The stone it's self looks almost like red jasper.  You could get red jasper beads or stones and make a mock up of a Bezoar stone.

Just a suggestion.  ;)
Dragon rider and mage,
(aka Vince)

Beautiful Dreamer

Sounds silly but polymer clay can be made to look like opaque gemstones. 

Khaalis

Just to add in some more thoughts (though I wish you had these for sale already ;) )...

I agree with a former post. I like the coin and other metal beads, but I would mix up the coins so they aren't all gold. I would also suggest adding some of the colored beads in with the metallic beads. However, with beads, I would suggest thinking of bone, wood, horn and shell as well as just glass.
Rogue, Merc and certified RenRat

sapphireandsage

Great suggestions - I really, really appreciate them!  Thanks to Khaalis being a source of inspiration off-boards, I've decided to tweak the designs a bit by including silver-tone and gold-tone doublettes/pieces of eight...I'm not sure if their finishes are antiqued just yet, but, if they are, they'll add that appearance of age and wear that is just what I'm looking for.  Of course, if anyone wishes to have a necklace of their own as pictured is my previous post in the meantime, you can message me privately for pricing.  I know that many of you have faires that are already open or will be opening soon, and I don't want to keep you waiting, since I'm not sure when I'll have them added to my website's online catalog.
~Rhonda
-:¦:-  Sapphire & Sage -:¦:-
Renaissance Jewelry & Accessories
Tarot Consultations by E-mail