News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

QuartETTE Round Up and Thanks!

Started by Hibernian, May 03, 2009, 04:15:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hibernian

The funny thing is I'm at the Embassy Suites in Murfressboro and its not raining. In fact the view from my room on the 8th floor is the best it has been since we arrived on Friday.

Unfortunately, I understand the faire's parking lots look like the swamp buggie course from the Wide World of Sports; and even when its not raining, it pretty hard for the cast to perform in masks and flippers required by what must have been 3 feet of rain this weekend.

So, many thanks to the great cast and what many of us view as our extended family members of the TNRF! To all the local friends from R/F, many thanks, and I hope you are looking forward to next year as much as we are!

One group alone can be loud, imagine the perfect storm (pun intended) of the Ettes, Teers and M'Cracks all coming to visit at the same time. Once again you were perfect hosts and didn't get upset with us even once. Although I will point out that we didn't interupt a certain someone's set even once with a single verse of "Gilligan's Theme." We were good boys and girls, can we have our passports back now?

I won't go into details now about the Friday night, I'm sure some interesting tales of "Sing along with Guard'n" will come out on their own. Next year we need to warn the bars on Printer's Alley to order more Guinness, who knew we would drink them out! Chef Wang's with what seemed to be an entire section of our own was interesting as always.

Now bring on the pictures!

"Badges? We don't need no stinkin badges!"

Peddlin

Oh yes! M'Crakeoke at Lonnie's! And we drank them out of Guiness within an hour!

I would like to add my thanks to our to all of our R/F Family and our gracious hosts in Tennessee. Even 4" of rain in two days could not dampen our spirits. Just being with you all is like a ray of sunshine. As always, it was wonderful to see old friends and to make new ones. Thank you all for sharing!

:-* :-* :-*
Peddlin M'Crack
Countess of Tyrone
Ette
IWG #3790, Local 96

Capt Lucy

I'm going to be the pirate that I am and hijack the thread to say thanks to everyone as well!!  :) 

Friday night was a blast!  TJ's voice kept the baby kicking all night lol.  (in a good way, lol... I love Louis Armstrong!)  I thought the Dj was going to choke when Capt Faye and I got up to sing "Like a Virgin" lol. 

Lots of fun being wet M'Crack pets on Saturday...lol.  Thanks to everyone who kept checking on me throughout the day  :)

I wish we got the goodbye hugs on Sunday...
Dame Lucy, Captain of the Crimson Phoenix
IWG #2772 L77 Madame Emeritus
Booty'n Penny
Ette, R/F, IFORP, Merc, FOKTOP, Rengeek blah blah blah...

Lady Nicolette

I've been slow to respond to everyone, have had a houseful of lovely friends to occupy my time...

Again, we were deprived of a chance to say fond goodbyes, once again a reminder to take to heart that we "may and might not ever all meet here again," even when we think to just upon the morrow. 

My many thanks to all who made our abbreviated opening weekend and
invasion(s) such a success!
"Into every rain a little life must fall." ~ Tom Rapp~Pearls Before Swine

Welsh Wench

The rain may have deprived us of a day at faire but the whole idea was to spend time with friends and the people who are important to us. A faire with no drama was a treat.

The weather didn't dampen the spirits of those who stayed at wRen house.
Friday night saw us going from pub to pub.
I'll never forget the infamous 'table dance' and the phrase, 'But I MAY have been drinking!'
A couple of us ended up at BB King's and wow! The house band was terrific! We knew when we saw the brass instruments that we were in for a good time. So good that it was 2 AM before we left!

Faire was great! The rain was perfect England weather and no monsoon so we did walk around. Axel was spared for his last set too.  ;)

The next day with the faire cancelled, we didn't let it get in the way of fun. Jack, Lady Nicolette, Athena and I went to Bellle Meade plantation and on Monday we made it to the Hermitage.
And then BB King's looked pretty good that night.....

One thing, Nickie--I think I have now eaten my fill of chocolate cheesecake. Three days in a row for breakfast..... :o

Oh, and even though we didn't get an R/F picture, this was pretty good!

Show me your tan lines..and I'll show you mine!

I just want to be Layla.....

Peddlin

Oh my! What beautiful people!     :o
Peddlin M'Crack
Countess of Tyrone
Ette
IWG #3790, Local 96

Lady Renee Buchanan

Can you see a spirit-y type outline between Mad Jack & Lady Nicolette?  Oohhhh, it looks like ME!
A real Surf Diva
Landshark who loves water
Chieftesse Surf'n Penny of Clan O'Siodhachain,
Irish Penny Brigade
Giver of Big Hugs 
Member since the beginning of RF
All will be well. St. Julian of Norwich

Captain Jack Wolfe

And here I thought it was Nickie pressed up that close against me, Renee!  You were astral projecting!  ;) :D

In spite of the rain, it was a glorious weekend.  M'Crackeoke was a hoot, and we had a blast at BB King's Friday and Monday.  Belle Meade and the Hermitage were fascinating destinations that we could have spent hours more enjoying.  Then there was the delightful company that no amount of rain could put a damper on!
"I'm not sure about people anymore. They're responsible for some pretty nutty stuff. Individuals I'm crazy about, though." ~ Opus

CapnFayeCutler

Oooh so jealous you got to go to both Belle Meade and The Hermitage... I haven't been to either since I was in Girl Scouts. :(
Slack'n Penny -  Chieftess, Clan Byrne of the IPB
IFRP# 1264 IWG #3575
RoOL 26 | Castleteer | ETTE

Athena

It was a great weekend, couldn't have spent it with a finer group of people! I must add some waterproof garb (especially boots) to my collection....
A book is like a garden carried in the pocket. ~ Chinese Proverb

Lady Renee Buchanan

Quote from: Mad Jack Wolfe on May 07, 2009, 08:30:12 PM
And here I thought it was Nickie pressed up that close against me, Renee!  You were astral projecting!  ;) :D

Oh Jack, I must be very, very tired.  Or at least my eyes aren't working.  When I read that -- too quickly, I must admit -- I thought you said my "a**  projection."    :o

My first reaction, "well, I know I've gained some weight, but I didn't think I was THAT fat."  Oh dear, I guess I need more sleep.  lol
A real Surf Diva
Landshark who loves water
Chieftesse Surf'n Penny of Clan O'Siodhachain,
Irish Penny Brigade
Giver of Big Hugs 
Member since the beginning of RF
All will be well. St. Julian of Norwich

Lairde Guardn

What a great weekend, could not have had more fun.....As always, TNRF and Ette and Teer weekend was just a hoot....

and "I might have been drinkin"
Lairde Guard'n
Lairde Highe Chieftain Emeritus
Irish Penny Brigade
Rogue, Teer, Otter
Landshark, Bard, DG, RFC
15.8% FaireFolk pure, 84.2% FaireFolk corrupt