News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

June 13th--Join us on the Grounds!!!

Started by rengypsy, May 10, 2009, 08:26:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rengypsy

WOW.
It's sounding like there will be quite a crowd at the Saturday gathering.
Fun!!!
It's a Family Affair, too.
Lots of kids scuttering through the woods with Harry Potter like wands...
And us adults, sipping our wines and raising our steins/cups of ale to the future of Sherwood!

informal tours of the grounds
questions and answers
possible improv theatre
a campfire
dancing
music
conversation and merriment

June 13, 2009
4pm-late,late, late
camping encouraged
kid-friendly
porta-pottie
ale and soft drinks provided
cover dish sharing encouraged

SHERWOOD FOREST FAIRE
Paige, Texas
34 miles east of Austin, Texas on US 290
www.sherwoodforestfaire.com

curious about who's developing this new faire? this is us, these are our values.  the work and development of the grounds represent what we believe in and the quality of the faire we will create, with your help.  --rengypsy
it's all about the journey and the people we choose to make the journey with

Yrose

We are talking about coming out to see the grounds and just driving back late. Anyone else interested in joining us.
Don't forget to smell the roses, but watch out for the thorns!

MacKee

mpullen - you did not mention Clan Mclotofus in your camping spot list...
The Order of Culloden Moor

mpullen

Quote from: MacKee on June 10, 2009, 10:32:46 PM
mpullen - you did not mention Clan Mclotofus in your camping spot list...

Yes I did, I said "etc."

That's why I also posted the info here and not just rely on my Yahoo email list. So that everyone else would get the information.

If McLotofus is interested in establishing a permanent camping area (i.e., will be onsite all weekends of the Faire), then all that is needed is that the crew come on out and clear an area and mark their spot (okay, put down your legs guys, not marking that way).

If any group will only be out one or two weekends, then they probably shouldn't be staking a claim.

MacKee

Oi laddy, the ol "etc." trick...roger that  8)
The Order of Culloden Moor

Breandan

Just an odd random thought spurred by seeing commercial construction so often- have you thought of putting up posts with little laminated artist concept sketches of what the pub and other yet-to-be-constructed structures will look like in front of their sites? It would help with the tour, methinks :)
Author, bladesmith, and fuzzy teddybear.

"I've fought my wars and drank my mead in this life, the afterlife for me will be one endless renaissance festival with an old-school tabletop game store the size of a Costco next door ;D " - me

rengypsy

my goodness, that was some turn out yesterday--screw the 100+ degree weather. 

many thanks to each of you who came, walked the grounds, entertained us, were a part of the sherwood forest faire community we are striving to facilitate.

the time with all of you was wonderfully encouraging.

i think sherwood is well on its way of bypassing stage 1-5 of new faire start-ups.  we are gonna fling open those gates next february in fine fashion...

approximately 10 additional vendor contracts and apps were received yesterday.  another was brought to the grounds this morning.  and several said i should receive their apps this week.

very strong and seemingly sustainable energies and spirit flowing.

next gathering will close with a powerful drumming circle around out small campfire.

thanks again for all you are bringing to the making of sherwood forest faire.

blessings and appreciation.

rengypsy
it's all about the journey and the people we choose to make the journey with

tastypasty

Did anyone go to this?  It sounds like it was probably a ton of fun!  I am kicking myself for not seeing this post earlier!  :(

Sherry

MysticXSab

In my opinion, it was amazing. Lots of good spirits and tons of people that seem to love every moment of being there. Wino Vino was superb and in awesome performing spirit. You're really in for a treat when you finally get to see them. I won't soon be forgetting the night venture to bless the faire. Good times.
Believe, for faith will see you through the blackest of nights.

coleenr

Yes, it was amazing!  I only got two hours of sleep and it was so worth it of course :)

Met so many new people, live music was fabulous and the Faery Circle was my favourite part!  I hope there is another gathering before I move to Canada, because you can count on me being there.