Faire Garb > Sewing

New Home, New Look, New Faces

<< < (15/16) > >>

Magpie Flynn:
NAME:  Magpie Flynn
Joined RF:  A few days ago, 2011
Board "title" :  None
Participation At Faire:  Paytron/Playtron TRF, Sherwood, Scarborough
Garbing Expereience:   Started about 6 years ago. Spent a year or two making fairy wings for fairy garb, moved on to gypsy garb, pirate, LotR-inspired gowns, and my somewhat H/A (as much as a college student's budget would allow) Henrician court gown. Next on the agenda is one of the costumes from the red riding hood movie that my sister requested, as well as Victorian Bustles that have been two years in the planning stage. I've dabbled in jewelry/chainmail and eventually I want to start making hats and shoes.

Hopefully this comes out small enough... But here's the court gown:

Trillium:
Welcome to our happy little home!

Lady Rebecca:
Hmm, I never posted in this thread... I guess I've never formally introduced myself?  :-\
Name: Lady Rebecca
Joined RF: Spring 2009, I believe
Board title: None, to my knowledge
Participation at Fair: Playtron. I've been to Norman Medieval Faire, OKRF, Scarby, a small faire in Watsonville, GSLRF, Sterling, BARF, Lady Lake, Sarasota, and will be attending the socal Pleasure Faire for the first time in a couple weeks
Garbing Experience: I started sewing sometime around 2005, making some random Halloween and theatre costumes. Then when I went to college, I got a minor in costume design, worked in the costume shop, and did wardrobe for all the shows, as well as making more costumes. My jr year of college is when I first discovered faire, and I made garb for myself, and two other people before I even attended my first one. I have also worked in wardrobe at other pro theatres and theme parks. My costuming has really taken off in the last year (with the purchase of my Viking machine), and I have since made pirate garb, several community theatre costumes, my navy velvet Ren garb (and all its accessories, shown in my avatar), an 1860s outfit for myself and my mom, a frock coat for dad, a Medieval/fantasy outfit, a Chemise a la Reine, a 17th c gown, and a bunch of 18th c accessories, including my current project, a hand-quilted petticoat. In the last month, I have also officially started my own business, Lady Rebecca Fashions. You can find out more at LadyRebeccaFashions.com, ladyrebeccafashions.blogspot.com, and theladyrebecca.livejournal.com

DonaCatalina:

--- Quote from: Magpie Flynn on March 30, 2011, 11:02:52 AM ---NAME:  Magpie Flynn
Joined RF:  A few days ago, 2011
Board "title" :  None
Participation At Faire:  Paytron/Playtron TRF, Sherwood, Scarborough
Garbing Expereience:   Started about 6 years ago. Spent a year or two making fairy wings for fairy garb, moved on to gypsy garb, pirate, LotR-inspired gowns, and my somewhat H/A (as much as a college student's budget would allow) Henrician court gown. Next on the agenda is one of the costumes from the red riding hood movie that my sister requested, as well as Victorian Bustles that have been two years in the planning stage. I've dabbled in jewelry/chainmail and eventually I want to start making hats and shoes.

Hopefully this comes out small enough... But here's the court gown:

--- End quote ---

Welcome!
I hope you can make our opening day party at Scarby. 8:00am to 9:30 Row 11.

Cofeeguru:
NAME:  Claire, Cofeeguru on just about everything I'm on.
Joined RF:  June of '08
Board "title" :  N/A
Participation At Faire:  Fairgoer since '03? at MNRF, visited TRF, Chippewa Falls, Twig (*sniffle*) and am visiting Bristol for the first time this year!
Garbing Expereience:  Oh lordy, numerous skirts, chemises, dresses, the occasional bodice (which I HATE, I much prefer leaving that to more experienced people than I), cloaks, children's outfits, and I'm currently teaching my friend's daughter how to sew.  This year's endeavors: H/A farthingale, bloomers (done!) and, if the patterns show up, a hat (or more)!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version